GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

This young mother was completely out of place. She was rude not thinking of the feelings of other folks while eating. I would not want to see that myself while eating dinner. She has caused some fellow Christians to stumble over her stumbling block. As a minister, I do not pray when out dinning, I pray prior to going in to the establishment so that I may not cause things to be  said about Christians that need not be said. Oh look, the man is praying, I guess He's better than us. I have heard these comments, so why give anyone a reason to say them.lol

I feel like I'm repeating myself. I'm going to try one more time. Did you listen and watch the video?

Chance, in Tennessee a woman can legally breastfeed without being covered. (see post #4 on this thread) The CFA employee was breaking the law by asking her to cover up. Are you saying that we as Christians shouldn't follow the law of the land?

Jennifer wasn't rude in not thinking of other folks while eating. She was outside in the play area watching her child and another child play. Her 5 month old got hungry and wanted to nurse. Her child doesn't do well with covers. So she nursed without a cover. For reference it was 81 degrees at noon in her town that day. It was also 85 degree heat index with 74 % humidity. So she proceeded to nurse the baby. Supply and demand kind of thing.

The "fellow Christians" (the report doesn't specify) were inside the restaurant eating. She was outside. The "fellow Christians" weren't concerned about Jennifer's babie's needs or the fact that Jennifer was watching two other children (one was her toddler boy) - so she couldn't go anywhere such as the car or the bathroom. The "fellow Christians" were inconsiderate towards Jennifer/her family and uncomfortable (fearful or afraid) about letting their children play in the play area while Jennifer nursed her baby.

Do you understand better the situation now brother?

God bless,

GE

Edit: Added the text in Fire Brick

Chance, in Tennesse a woman can legally breastfeed without being covered. (see post #4 on this thread) The CFA employee was breaking the law by asking her to cover up. Are you saying that we as Christians shouldn't follow the law of the land?

You make it sound as if it's a law that mothers MUST breastfeed uncovered.  

Chance, in Tennesse a woman can legally breastfeed without being covered. (see post #4 on this thread) The CFA employee was breaking the law by asking her to cover up. Are you saying that we as Christians shouldn't follow the law of the land?

You make it sound as if it's a law that mothers MUST breastfeed uncovered.  

There is no must involved brother. Perhaps you missed the circumstances of Jennifer breastfeeding her little one... It was in 81 degrees at noon in Turkey Creek, Tenneessee in August 1. It was also 74% humidity and a heat index of 85 degrees at noon. Perhaps it was hot? Regardless, her baby doesn't do well with covers when nursing. So I would imagine she doesn't carry a cover. Pure speculation though. So she put the babies needs as her first priority. Can you blame her?

Day also noted that she doesn't use a cover because her 5-month-old doesn't like it and would rip it off anyway.

Perhaps you missed the circumstances of what transpired... She was outside watching two other kids. :)

Jennifer wasn't rude in not thinking of other folks while eating. She was outside in the play area watching her child and another child play. Her 5 month old got hungry and wanted to nurse. So she proceeded to do so. Supply and demand kind of thing.

The "fellow Christians" (the report doesn't specify) were inside the restaurant eating. Again she was outside. The "fellow Christians" weren't concerned about Jennifer's babies needs or the fact that Jennifer was watching two other children (one was her toddler boy) - so she couldn't go anywhere such as the car or the bathroom. The "fellow Christians" were inconsiderate towards Jennifer/her family and uncomfortable (fearful or afraid) about letting their children play in the play area while Jennifer nursed her baby.

God bless,

GE

There is no must involved brother. Perhaps you missed the circumstances 

I watched the video (a couple of times) and read what there was to read. I'm well aware of the circumstances. 

Let's do it this way.

Are you saying that we as Christians shouldn't follow the law of the land?

What are you referring to when you say "law of the land"?

Just because the law says a breastfeeding mother is not required to use a cover, it doesn't mean that she can't use one if she so desires.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a person's personal conviction that covers be worn when feeding. I also see nothing wrong with mothers who choose to feed without covers. I don't believe it's a wise decision, but that doesn't make it wrong.

There is no must involved brother. Perhaps you missed the circumstances 

I watched the video (a couple of times) and read what there was to read. I'm well aware of the circumstances. 

Let's do it this way.

Are you saying that we as Christians shouldn't follow the law of the land?

Just because the law says a breastfeeding mother is not required to use a cover, it doesn't mean that she can't use one if she so desires.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a person's personal conviction that covers be worn when feeding. I also see nothing wrong with mothers who choose to feed without covers. I don't believe it's a wise decision, but that doesn't make it wrong.

I completely agree with you in bold. :thumbsup: I think we're finally getting somewhere. lol

In this situation with Jennifer why wasn't it wise here underlined? Curious as to your perspective.

God bless,

GE

I completely agree with you in bold. :thumbsup: I think we're finally getting somewhere. lol

God bless,

GE

That's always been my stance. 

In this situation with Jennifer why wasn't it wise here underlined? Curious as to your perspective.

:noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,393
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

naked is naked and just because the law says its ok does that mean it is? God covered the nakedness in the very beginning and that

hasn't changed! If the law says homosexuality is ok - is it...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

naked is naked and just because the law says its ok does that mean it is? God covered the nakedness in the very beginning and that

Steven, you've hit on the crux of the matter.  Just because it's legal doesn't make it something most people want to see while dining....or anywhere really.  Mothers who feel it's okay to do this have no modesty, IMO. 

naked is naked and just because the law says its ok does that mean it is? God covered the nakedness in the very beginning and that hasn't changed! If the law says homosexuality is ok - is it...  Love, Steven

A mother can nurse her child covered in a modest or immodest fashion. Yet again, a woman can nurse her child without being covered in a modest or immodest fashion. But everyone is entitled to their opinions and views. :thumbsup:

We're not discussing homosexuality brother. We're discussing a woman responding to her babies need for food - breastfeeding.

As Man put it...

This is in red is where discernment comes into play IMO. But also grace, love, patience, long-suffering, kindness, gentleness, self-control...

God bless,

GE

Steven, you've hit on the crux of the matter.  Just because it's legal doesn't make it something most people want to see while dining....or anywhere really.  Mothers who feel it's okay to do this have no modesty, IMO. 

Are you referring to a mother breastfeeding her baby period or are you saying a mother breastfeeding uncovered?

God bless,

GE