nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  5

I had none of those intentions. It's not a cover up to promote anything whatsoever, it's how it honestly appears to me to be the case. Accusing people of having ill intentions is not helpful.

Point to somewhere in the post where I accuse you of something, specifically.   And I find it particularly ironic that you are making false accusations while attempting to correct my behavior, behavior which I did not exhibit.  In this case, that I supposedly accused you of something.  

I know, very well, what the main objective of abortion is, because I have actually studied the subject and educated myself about it.  I am telling you the thought process behind the attempt to sanitize the concept of abortion.  A person either values human life, all human life, or they do not.  There is no gray area, and there is no in-between.  I also see that you can't answer my question.  Once again:

Give me the exact point at which it changes from a non-human being into a human being.

Also, it would be helpful if you could provide scriptural support for the concept that a Christian can support murder.

You were referring to my arguments and then implying that the reason that people argue for that is to do x, y and z, none of which I had in mind.

As to the rest: nah.

You were referring to my arguments and then implying that the reason that people argue for that is to do x, y and z, none of which I had in mind.

As to the rest: nah.

No, that is not what I was doing.  You made a very clear accusation, so you need to back it up with evidence.  We don't play the "I accuse people of something, but then can't back it up so I just pretend I never said it" game here.  It particularly does not ever work with me.  So if you are going to make an accusation, back it up with the post it was from or admit your mistake.

You came into this thread and said that personally, you think abortion is acceptable.  Fine.  Show me why it is acceptable instead of ducking questions and being dismissive when your personal opinion is challenged.

If an infant is not a human being at one instant, but then suddenly is at another instant, it should be simple for you to illustrate what that point is and when it occurs.  It's easy to say "this is what I believe."  It is a great deal harder to present evidence as to why one should believe that way, especially when it is a position that is not supportable, scripturally.  So show us why your personal opinion that abortion is OK should be supported by a Christian.

cobalt, I could not be more uninterested in engaging with you.

Okay.

Nope, I don't support that either.

no, that is fallacious reasoning.

nope.

it's optional, watch this- no. I have no interest in pursuing this *with you*.

Edited by alphaparticle

no, just you so far.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

part of the problem is that we have tied too much to a political party that has no incentive to actually end abortion.   we get a lot of lip service, but the number of abortion per 1000 pregnancies is almost equal today as it was one year after the passing of RvW.

Perhaps instead of constantly not dealing with this issue by attempting to deflect blame from the actual culprits, you could actually just speak out against abortion clearly without attempting to generalize it and attempt to make it relative to something else.

my response was a direct response to a post about if Christians have failed to act.  I think that they have because they have tied too much to one political party instead of focusing on souls.

I have told you multiple times in the past I am vehemently against abortion, but what really comes of that on a  Christian forum?  how does that help to solve the problem of abortion?  I am sure it makes us all feel good about ourselves, but it does not really address the problem does it.

I am sorry that I dared to speak ill of your chosen political party, but they are part of the problem not the solution.  The sooner that Christians realize that, the better off we will be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

It boils down to something simple and blunt for a Christian - a Christian can't support abortion and pretend that the Bible supports their stance. The Bible does the OPPOSITE, so the stance for a Christian should be easy to form if they value the Holy Bible.