• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Slight correction - the  Holy Spirit came with "the Feast of Weeks" - 50 days after the First Fruits.

Something to consider, if Jesus' first coming - His death and resurrection and the giving of the Holy Spirit - were tied into the Spring Feasts, why would not the events of His second coming be tied into the Fall Feasts?

The Feast of Weeks,  Shavuot, is also the called Day of First Fruits which is a feast day and is on the 50th day. 50 days prior is the first fruits wave offering which is the first day of the counting of the omer, and the day of the resurrection.

Lev 23:

10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:

11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

This is the wave offering on the day after the Sabbath during Passover. The barley is the first.

Lev 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:

16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord.

The counting of the omer starting on the first fruits wave offering.

Lev 23:17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the Lord.

The 50th day, Shavuot, which is the firstfruits feast for the wheat harvest.

OK. I've always heard the day Jesus rose as being called The Feast of First Fruits. :hmmm:

In any event - if Jesus' first coming - His death and resurrection and the giving of the Holy Spirit - were tied into the Spring Feasts, why would not the events of His second coming be tied into the Fall Feasts?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Ok, I wear a wedding ring, eat too much on Christmas day and fall asleep in front of the tree.

I love surprising my wife with a gift, or we set a small limit and go shopping in different parts of the mall, trying to keep out of each other's way to not let on what you might have purchased (which is a challenge if you are a man). Now that has nothing to do with celebrating the birthday of Jesus, it has everything to do with me loving my wife and having fun shopping for her with a challenging amount of money. (we don't have $1 stores here...)

Jesus Loves me and I celebrate that fact with every breath I take. 

Christmas just gives me reason to take a day off work, eat too much and spoil my wife.

I am too old to sleep in a booth, and I frankly, don't see the point. I have a tent, but it would look weird sleeping in my backyard, and I would probably use the kitchen and bathroom inside anyway...

I and my wife are going to heaven. Now that's going to be an amazing celebration!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I believe the Jewish festivals were given by God for the Israelites to follow under the old covenant, I would imagine the disciples being Jews kept them in the new covenant having a better understanding that they were all shadows of things to come, as which we see them teaching this way and saying those very words, If you find yourself compelled to keep them, then by all means you probably should as it may be a sin for you not to. then we have the outer court which is reserved for the gentiles, the new testament clearly shows the dilemma the apostles faced, do the new gentile believers need to follow Jewish customs and traditions. we see the answer is no! with the only stipulations of not to eat blood and abstain from things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality (Acts 15)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

The Feast days are over for 2013-

staying in a hotel or motel room fulfills the temporary nature and requirement as does a tent or booth.It underscores the transitory essence of the present world and illustrates how it will be replaced by the prophesied Kingdom of God. Our bodies are referred to as tabernacles as it is a temporary physical dwelling waiting to be transformed into spiritual bodies.

The reason we don't see a lot of scripture to keep the feast days  is because it was not an issue with the apostolic church-they were the only holiday observances they kept.

Man's traditions that invaded the New Testament churches followed centuries later.

I still understand that in Col 2:16 that the Colossians were being criticized for keeping the holydays by the heresy of false teachers that were infiltrating the church.

The Old Testament was the foundation for God's truth and knowledge. Paul and the apostles used hundreds of references from the OT as their teaching tools applying a spiritual element to enhance the meaning to scripture. 

If we don't like the use of pagan traditions let's just refer to them as man's traditions then. And isn't that something Jesus warns us against.

We should worship God, not man, in the way He commanded.