Frank

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Super Jew do you listen to POD they are a christian rock group?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, I don't like their sound personally. Not my style of music.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

what are some of the groups you do listen to?

im signing off see you guys in the afternoon

What is wrong with "Amazing Grace," I ask you?

Is there a problem with "How Great Thou Art?"

Are the words and melody of "How Firm a Foundation" no longer beautiful or true?

Must we set aside the great hymns of the faith and replace them with "Who put the bop in the Bible shee-bop shee-bop?" and "Ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong for Jesus."

And what of the people who write these new songs?

Once upon a time, hymns were written only by the greatest of composers and the most devout of Christians.

Compare that with Michael W. Smith, who, "at the same time he was penning gospel songs, he was also using marijuana, LSD and cocaine." (Wall Street Journal, 9/11/91, p.A-11)

"I'm a singer, not a preacher, I'm not looking to convert anybody" says Christian rock diva Amy Grant. (Los Angeles Times, 5/4/84, pg. 2-c) Grant goes on to demonstrate her spirituality by saying, "I'm not going to say too often that I like a cold beer while watching a football game. That might bother some of my fans." (Greensville News, 5/4/94)

Michael W. Smith was seen as a hot number by the Wall Street Journal when it learned his sexy, steamy, sensuous video was produced by the same company that produces the rocker formerly known as Prince. "I know if I am too blatant about my Christianity and talk about Jesus I won't succeed. But, hey, I'm not an evangelist. I'm a singer." (ibid)

One of the most blatant, anti-Christ performers to come out in recent years is Marilyn Manson.

Rock star, Marilyn Manson, proudly boasts:

"Hopefully, I’ll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996, p. 34)

Manson, an ordained "reverend" in the Church of Satan, mutilates himself on stage (1 Kings 18:28), rips-up the Holy Bible, and spews "blasphemies" against the Lord Jesus Christ. Manson’s T-Shirts declare, "KILL YOUR PARENTS" & "I LOVE SATAN". One of Manson's album is titled Anti-Christ Superstar, Manson claims Antichrist Superstar came via "supernatural-inspiration":

"I heard this album as finished, I heard it in dreams . . . It was like the revelations of John the Baptist or something." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.34)

Manson’s "hope" for Antichrist Superstar,:

"I think every time people listen to this new album maybe God will be destroyed in their heads. . ." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.37)BELIEVE IT OR NOT — in Time magazine (October 12, 1998 p.125) dc Talk's Kevin Max says of Marilyn Manson, "I'd LOVE to HANG with him and discuss '80s music".

A supposedly, Christian, would "LOVE" to "HANG" with Marilyn Manson!!!

The Bible says PLAINLY in Ephesians 5:11:

And have NO FELLOWSHIP with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Edited by soulwinner

And don't hand me this Jesus Christ "fellowshipped" wither sinners line. Jesus Christ NEVER "HUNG" with people who perverted and hated God! Jesus Christ rebuked them! Jesus Christ said to the Pharisess in John 8:44:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

When the Apostle Paul met the sorcerer Elymas in Acts 13. Paul didn't "HANG" with him. The Apostle Paul rbuked him!

8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,

10 And said, O full of all subtlety and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

[Horseshack] OH OH OH [/Horeshack]

Let's use "evidence" that is more than 10 years old!

First off, I know the trap you want to lure me into. I name the bands I like, you first search Dial the Truth ministries to see if there is any dirt on them...unfortunately, you won't find any there. Thus you will head over to AV1611...and won't find any dirt there. Thus you will do a google search and attempt to find something on these bands. Save yourself the time :21:

Cool Hand Luke

Seventh Day Slumber

Five Iron Frenzy

Copeland

Kutless

Those are a few.

As for what you said about Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith...I agree with you on them. Both of them are TERRIBLE examples of what Christians are suppose to be. So do you judge the entire genre based off a few bad seeds? If so then all of Christianity is doomed.

Also, who said that old hymns in their original form were bad? I LOVE the old hymns. They are lyrical masterpieces. However, some of the newer songs from the Christian rock bands are just as good. Am I not allowed to like both? Does it matter?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

This thread was supposed to be about "secular music" I thought. I apologize, if I by responding to others, caused this thread getting sidetracked.

LT