• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

*sigh*

Didn't I already respond to that article in another debate similar to this one?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Super Jew,

I think LarryT, Soulwinner and I are having very serious problems envisaging Jesus Christ Rocking around Heaven with an electric guitar. I'm a bit concerned that you are putting such energy into defending Rock/Christian Rock.

Let me tell you that although I do not know Terry Watkins, I can assure you of Jeff Godwin's character, who is also involved in exposing Christian Rock, he does not TWIST the word of God, to suit his own beliefs. Why would you say such a thing about someone?

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

Super Jew,

I think LarryT, Soulwinner and I are having very serious problems envisaging Jesus Christ Rocking around Heaven with an electric guitar.  I'm a bit concerned that you are putting such energy into defending Rock/Christian Rock.

Let me tell you that although I do not know Terry Watkins, I can assure you of Jeff Godwin's character, who is also involved in exposing Christian Rock, he does not TWIST the word of God, to suit his own beliefs.  Why would you say such a thing about someone?

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be more concerned for yourself for you are assuming what style of music that God likes. You are basing this off of a non-scripture stance. Good luck justifying that one.

Also, I can say that Jeff Godwin is twisting scripture because he is. I challenge you to prove me otherwise. Jeff Godwin also isn't the best of fellows. I've read his stuff. High on judgement and low on grace.

As for your concern over me defending Christian rock, please, don't even try to put me in a Catch .22. If I don't defend Christian rock but listen to it then I am accused of doing it in my ignorance and rebllion to "truth". If I defend it then it's because the power of Satan has me captured. Puhleese.

I can study the scriptures, read commentaries, and even consult the original language. I can tell you right now that this whole "Christian rock is evil" just because of its style has utterly no basis in scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Super Jew, a very young man who thinks he knows a lot said:

Sure you want to enter into a debate? Remember last time how you were proven wrong?

Are you joking or a pure legend in your own mind??? "Proven wrong"??? By who? You and that fifteen year old girl??? I have a wife, family, business and ministry to oversee, do you think I will continue to waste my time with someone who cannot be taught anything because he thinks he already knows everything???

Jeff Godwin will debate you himself, no one needs to defend him here. I'll set it up if you like, and then we can see if you can back up your talk.

Now Larry, there you go agan posting FACTS and Scrip[ture, actually expecting that people will listen to that! These are the days of Laodicea---the rights of the people, and no amount of facts or Scripure can ever persuade rebellious, opinionated people who love their idols to the death. They'll split churches over this music, in direct violation of Scripture!!! That kind of behaviouir--divisiveness and variance are works of the flesh, as is their music.

And we CAN KNOW what kind of music God likes based on Scripture and our walk with Him--He lets me know! He has let MANY know what He doesn't like!

Super Jew, a very young man who thinks he knows a lot said:

Sure you want to enter into a debate? Remember last time how you were proven wrong?

Are you joking or a pure legend in your own mind??? "Proven wrong"??? By who? You and that fifteen year old girl??? I have a wife, family, business and ministry to oversee, do you think I will continue to waste my time with someone who cannot be taught anything because he thinks he already knows everything???

Jeff Godwin will debate you himself, no one needs to defend him here. I'll set it up if you like, and then we can see if you can back up your talk.

Now Larry, there you go agan posting FACTS and Scrip[ture, actually expecting that people will listen to that! These are the days of Laodicea---the rights of the people, and no amount of facts or Scripure can ever persuade rebellious, opinionated people who love their idols to the death. They'll split churches over this music, in direct violation of Scripture!!! That kind of behaviouir--divisiveness and variance are works of the flesh, as is their music.

And we CAN KNOW what kind of music God likes based on Scripture and our walk with Him--He lets me know! He has let MANY know what He doesn't like!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put your money where your mouth is. I will GLADLY debate Jeff. Set me up with him so we can establish the rules and get the debate going. I really hope that this isn't a bluff of yours cause I'm excited about the idea of debating Jeff. If this is a bluff then I'm going to be very, very, very dissapointed.

• Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Its no bluff. Just remember, he runs a ministry also, so don't expect him to be just sitting at his computer waiting to debate the likes of you--he has a life! When he reponds, I'll let you know. In the meantime, why don't you go on a 10-day fast and seek God about this issue?

Its no bluff.  Just remember, he runs a ministry also, so don't expect him to be just sitting at his computer waiting to debate the likes of you--he has a life!  When he reponds, I'll let you know.  In the meantime, why don't you go on a 10-day fast and seek God about this issue?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't need to, i already have.

When you e-mail him, tell him this is my proposal for the debate:

* Done through e-mails that we can post on here. This way no one interferes on either side and it is just between him and I.

* The post sequence will go this way and I'll let him have the first and last word:

Case against Christian Rock - Max of 15 pages

Case for Christian Rock - Max of 15 pages

Further construction of arguement against Christian Rock- Max of 15 pages

Further construction of arguement for Christian Rock - Max of 15 pages

Rebuttal for the case siding for Christian Rock - Max of 8 pages

Rebuttal for the case against Christian Rock - Max of 8 pages

During the constructives there may be a point-counterpoint debate or a quotation of the opposing side's constructive, however it must be done so that it builds up the point trying to be proven by the author. During the rebuttal period no new arguements may be introduced and may only be a summary of their beliefs and how they feel they have proven it. Each side may take up to one week to respond, however if requested they may extend that time. Due to the length of time it may not extend more than two weeks. Likewise, whatever we write will be done through e-mail and posted on Worthyboards (if the administration doesn't mind) AND must be posted on his site, unedited. Ad hominem attacks are forbidden and will result in a disqualification. This includes any attacking of the opposing author's integrity or spiritual stance.

He can feel free to add rules or modify what we have and I'll see what we have.

I really am looking forward to this :21:

btw, side note. You may want to change the spelling of your name. It's sola scriptura. Carry on. If he needs to contact me my e-mail is graceful_bliss@yahoo.com

• Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Super Jew do you listen to POD they are a christian rock group?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Show me in the Scriptures where Christian rock, that is, the style of music, is condemned in the Bible.

No "avoid sinners" crap or whatever you try to apply to your twisted ways of thinking. I want something that mentions rock music.

Where?

I see all this talk of "scripture CAN prove Christian rock is evil!" then you throw a a link longer than Moby Dick at us and expect us to read it.

I have a wife, family, business and ministry to oversee, do you think I will continue to waste my time with someone who cannot be taught anything because he thinks he already knows everything???

What kind of ministry do you think you run that considers anything a waste of time? I don't know everything nor does Joel. In fact, I don't know where in Scripture that rock music, the style, is specifically condemned by God. And I'm willing to believe that you don't know either.

Show me at least ONE Scripture which condemns Christian rock, the style...and I will quit listening to it.