this should get good

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

super jew you have been here another 20 minutes and still no response?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I thought this thread was about secular music?

i think it was stolen like 5 pages ago

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Living ~ I don't think you understand what you are saying. First off, I have no superiority context. I don't think I'm better or any of that, I simply think i have studied this issue in a deeper manner than most. Doesn't make me better, it simply means that I have a better understanding on this issue.

Also, i have no problem if we leave it up to the Holy Spirit. However in doing so we remove from ourselves the right to be able to say, "I don't think it glorifies God". To truly leave it up to the Holy Spirit is to say, "It is not for me however others will use it for the glory of God". To say, "It is my opinion that it does not glorify God" is to place yourself in the seat of God and determine what He enjoys and doesn't without having scripture to back it up. That's a dangerous position to place yourself in.

As for God not calling someone a jerk, I showed you that Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites and a whole host of other things. He most certainly would have called them jerks.

Soul ~

*Sigh*

First, I have finals comming up...likewise I am human thus require food to live. I had to go eat and then had to study for finals. If you would like I will e-mail you in complete detail my schedule in our next debate so you know when I will be requiring breaks.

As for scripture, the burden of proof is not upon me. I am not claiming that that something is a sin, thus no burden is placed upon me. By stating that something is a sin one must find where in the Bible it teaches it as a sin. Thus for you to say, "In my opinion it is a sin" you place an inherent burden to prove scripturally how it is a sin to enjoy a certain song or type of music. However, I will take all of your posts one at a time and prove this to you. First, let's deal with how you twisted scripture.

Eph 5:19

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Now, let's examine this scripture in it's original language to see how the reader would have understood it. I think it is absolutely vital, because some of the key words in this sentence are different in their meaning than they are today.

laluntes eautois psalmois kai umnois kai odais prematikais adontes kai psallontes ev te kardia umon to kurion

Of course, this is transliterated, however I do this to point out the key words within it. The highlighted words are the words I want to point out.

When Paul refers to psalmos he is talking about a song that is done through stringed instruments. In other words, it's a song that is done with stringed instruments as the main focus of the song. Thus a song that is done with an aucoustic guitar, bass, or electic guitar as the main instrument or focus within the musical aspect would fit into Ephesians 5:19...of course, that's if you want to be legalistic about it. When Paul brings up humnos he is refering to songs that is considered sacred, one that teaches a lesson. Thus, as long as the song has a message to it then it would fit into the context of Ephesians 5:19. We now move to prematikais adontes which is a "spiritual song". This can simply mean, "belonging to the spirit." Now you trapped me earlier asking if the song you quoted was a spiritual song. I said no thinking that you were refering to songs that soley lift up God and His purpose. I would still advocate that under this definition it would not work. However, under the Greek definition, it fits perfectly. Their song teaches principles of a Godly life, thus it belongs to God by doing so.

The words to these rock songs dont glorify God and that is the purpose of music period. If it does not lift up the name of Jesus then its useless

Where does it say that or even teach it within scripture? The Bible never really lays out a definite lines of what music is to be used for. It is used in joyful times (return of the Ark of the Covenant), to announce the presence of the king, to celebrate, to mourn, and many, many other things.

The PURPOSE of Christian music is to PRAISE the Lord.

I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing PRAISE to thy name, O thou most High. Psalm 9:2

Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we SING and PRAISE thy power. Psalm 21:13

Where in this scripture does it teach that this is the sole purpose of Christian music? Care to explain?

The Christian musician should KNOW the Word of God!

Are you advocating that these musicians don't?

still advantage me he he ha ha

I wonder if Satan said the same thing when he twisted scripture to Jesus...

this should get good

No, it won't.

super jew you have been here another 20 minutes and still no response?

Well see, typing is an art form, and I like to take my time on it.

Now, do you want me to make the case for Christian music and even some secular, or would you like to keep trying to make yours against?

:thumbsup: The only thing im against in this matter is music that does not glorify OUR Risen SAVIOUR. the he he ha ha was a joke. I am sorry if you took offense to it.

What I said was a sin was that you admitted listening to a musican who wrote a song that is not a spiritual song you admitted to that. Well if it is not spiritual and you listen to it that would be a sin. He that knoweth to do right and doeth it not to him it is sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

What I said was a sin was that you admitted listening to a musican who wrote a song that is not a spiritual song you admitted to that. Well if it is not spiritual and you listen to it that would be a sin. He that knoweth to do right and doeth it not to him it is sin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have any ounce of scripture to back that up?

Likewise...I already responded to that in my post. Could you please be so kind as to at least challenge it?