IGNORED

Sabbath Day 9/7/13 Pastor David- Who is the Woman at the Well?

Miz KJV Only

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sabbath Day  9/7/13  Pastor David- Who is the Woman at the Well?  John 4:4-30

It is a privilege that we can drink of the living water of Jesus. We need to have the confidence that we can break down the barriers that stop us from sharing the gospel of Jesus. We can share the living water of Jesus Christ. The Samaritans and Jews have had a bitter hatred for each other for centuries even before the taking away to Babylon. The Jews despised the Samaritans so they would walk an extra 15 miles to go around Samaria. Jesus decided to walk straight thru anyway. He was intentionally breaking down the barriers that people had set up. The first barrier Jesus broke thru was just meeting and talking to the Samaritan woman. Jesus just talked to her.

This Samaritan woman had three strikes of prejudice against her:

1)   She was a woman. 

Men didn’t talk to women in public. Sometimes husbands didn’t talk to their wives in public.

2)   She was a Samaritan. 

Jews despised Samaritans and didn’t talk to them at all.

3)   She had an immoral lifestyle.

She had five husbands and now had a boyfriend.

This Samaritan woman was shocked that Jesus even talked to her because of these prejudices. It is God’s plan that we are all brothers and sister together. It is important that we as Christians break down the barriers and prejudices that are against people!  All of us at some time or another can identify with this Samaritan woman. These prejudices against her are the reasons why she came to the well by herself in the heat of the middle of the day. She came when no one would be at the well. This woman was shocked that Jesus spoke to her and when he spoke he was honest and loving toward her.

Jesus broke down barriers by just talking to her. The woman at the well is like we are today- out of place, feel barriers and feel prejudices against us. Sin messes us up and we need a savior like the woman at the well did.  Jesus comes to us to make things change and become new to us. He will become our personal savior. The woman’s life was changed when she received Jesus. She had faith in him and went to tell others in the city about Him. It is the spiritual things that really matter because they will change the natural and physical things.

Salvation is like Water>>>>>>

1.  Water is needed for life………..so is Salvation

2.  Water is a gift from above……..… so is Salvation

3.  Water refreshes and satisfies……….so does Salvation

For this woman the conversation with Jesus was the best conversation she ever had with any person. This man Jesus was offering her something new, this living water. Jesus was offering her freedom-spiritual freedom. He had reached out to a divorced woman. Water is fun and water refreshes us inside and out. Water is like’s God’s Salvation.

Jesus was all about water. He walked on water. Jesus changed water into wine. He washed the disciple’s feet with water. The free gift of living water is exciting! Drinking living water--the water from Jesus gives us power. We must keep it flowing and realize that we need Jesus! verse 26:  Jesus is Messiah!  In Israel, Jacob’s well is between the Mount of Blessing and the Mount of Cursing. Jesus wants to bring blessings to us! It’s all about the Spirit and the Truth!

Your identity of who you are in Christ Jesus is very important.

The seven things Jesus said “I Am” in book of John.

1) The Bread of Life

2) Light of the World

3) Gate of the Sheep                      \

4) Good Shepherd                                              I Am ‘s of Jesus

5) Resurrection & Life

6) The Way, Truth, Life                  /

7) True Vine

Jesus is incredible because He will sit down and talk to anyone! We all should want to get this living water! Get with Jesus!

John 7:38-39   He that believeth on Jesus as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  This is the Spirit that He that believes will get the Holy Ghost.

Barriers are broken when:

1. Jesus reveals Himself!

2. Jesus becomes our Savior!

3. Jesus and the Sprit of God change us!

AMEN

Guest AFlameOfFire

Good post Miz, Amen, thanks for that!

You know, I always had a question on this one. I would probably ask why it assumed that she was immoral in having 5 husbands though? And only because even the Sadducees asked about a certain wife (of seven husbands) as expressed in the law of Moses (Duet 25:5) even though their context was in the resurrection. And so according to Moses they were asking Jesus whose wife of the seven? 

So they are speaking of a woman (who married the first of several brothers) performing that duty as written and she is apparently widowed several times (and dies herself) there.

So when Jesus said to her get your husband, she said she had no husband, wouldn't Jesus (in saying) she had said truly (in this) be validating the fact that all five (he recognizes as such) were actually her husbands (which she could have been widowed of)? And the man she had now as singled out of the five he acknowledges (was not in any official sense) before him her husband? Know what I mean?

I always asked myself why its often understood that she had been divorced of five husbands (rather then widowed of them) I guess.

Although this is sort of cool too

Ecc 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

John 4:27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

Again, good post, God bless you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, AFlameOfFire.

You know, I always had a question on this one. I would probably ask why it assumed that she was immoral in having 5 husbands though? And only because even the Sadducees asked about a certain wife (of seven husbands) as expressed in the law of Moses (Duet 25:5) even though their context was in the resurrection. And so according to Moses they were asking Jesus whose wife of the seven? 

So they are speaking of a woman (who married the first of several brothers) performing that duty as written and she is apparently widowed several times (and dies herself) there.

So when Jesus said to her get your husband, she said she had no husband, wouldn't Jesus (in saying) she had said truly (in this) be validating the fact that all five (he recognizes as such) were actually her husbands (which she could have been widowed of)? And the man she had now as singled out of the five he acknowledges (was not in any official sense) before him her husband? Know what I mean?

I always asked myself why its often understood that she had been divorced of five husbands (rather then widowed of them) I guess.

Ecc 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

John 4:27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

It's not that she was immoral in having 5 husbands; it was because the SIXTH man that she was cohabiting with was NOT her husband! This incident has nothing to do with the Sadducees' hypothetical argument they presented to Yeshua` (Jesus). They merely concocted that story to try and trap Yeshua` in His words.

We don't know HOW she lost her first 5 husbands. Some may have been in death, but others may have been through divorce. She may have been feared by others because of the "streak of bad luck" she had! People are not very kind or compassionate when they encounter some situation they don't understand. The fear that they have can drive them to say and do things which under other circumstances they would regret and even condemn in others.

Besides, we don't really know that she was condemned by others; she may have been simply living under the feelings of guilt and condemning HERSELF! So ashamed with feelings of false guilt, maybe she blamed herself for being so "unlucky!" Maybe she couldn't look at the other women of the village directly in the eye; so, she chose ON HER OWN to go to the well in the heat of the day.

We don't know nor are we told more than that, but we DO know that Yeshua` found in her the opportunity to share His offer of the Kingdom to the half-breed Isra'elites there in Shomron (Samaria) by informing her that the Messiah she knew about was He.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Miz KJV Only.

Sabbath Day  9/7/13  Pastor David- Who is the Woman at the Well?  John 4:4-30

It is a privilege that we can drink of the living water of Jesus. We need to have the confidence that we can break down the barriers that stop us from sharing the gospel of Jesus. We can share the living water of Jesus Christ. The Samaritans and Jews have had a bitter hatred for each other for centuries even before the taking away to Babylon. The Jews despised the Samaritans so they would walk an extra 15 miles to go around Samaria. Jesus decided to walk straight thru anyway. He was intentionally breaking down the barriers that people had set up. The first barrier Jesus broke thru was just meeting and talking to the Samaritan woman. Jesus just talked to her.

This Samaritan woman had three strikes of prejudice against her:

1)   She was a woman. 

Men didn’t talk to women in public. Sometimes husbands didn’t talk to their wives in public.

2)   She was a Samaritan. 

Jews despised Samaritans and didn’t talk to them at all.

3)   She had an immoral lifestyle.

She had five husbands and now had a boyfriend.

This Samaritan woman was shocked that Jesus even talked to her because of these prejudices. It is God’s plan that we are all brothers and sister together. It is important that we as Christians break down the barriers and prejudices that are against people!  All of us at some time or another can identify with this Samaritan woman. These prejudices against her are the reasons why she came to the well by herself in the heat of the middle of the day. She came when no one would be at the well. This woman was shocked that Jesus spoke to her and when he spoke he was honest and loving toward her.

Jesus broke down barriers by just talking to her. The woman at the well is like we are today- out of place, feel barriers and feel prejudices against us. Sin messes us up and we need a savior like the woman at the well did.  Jesus comes to us to make things change and become new to us. He will become our personal savior. The woman’s life was changed when she received Jesus. She had faith in him and went to tell others in the city about Him. It is the spiritual things that really matter because they will change the natural and physical things.

Salvation is like Water>>>>>>

1.  Water is needed for life………..so is Salvation

2.  Water is a gift from above……..… so is Salvation

3.  Water refreshes and satisfies……….so does Salvation

For this woman the conversation with Jesus was the best conversation she ever had with any person. This man Jesus was offering her something new, this living water. Jesus was offering her freedom-spiritual freedom. He had reached out to a divorced woman. Water is fun and water refreshes us inside and out. Water is like’s God’s Salvation.

Jesus was all about water. He walked on water. Jesus changed water into wine. He washed the disciple’s feet with water. The free gift of living water is exciting! Drinking living water--the water from Jesus gives us power. We must keep it flowing and realize that we need Jesus! verse 26:  Jesus is Messiah!  In Israel, Jacob’s well is between the Mount of Blessing and the Mount of Cursing. Jesus wants to bring blessings to us! It’s all about the Spirit and the Truth!

Your identity of who you are in Christ Jesus is very important.

The seven things Jesus said “I Am” in book of John.

1) The Bread of Life

2) Light of the World

3) Gate of the Sheep                      \

4) Good Shepherd                                              I Am ‘s of Jesus

5) Resurrection & Life

6) The Way, Truth, Life                  /

7) True Vine

Jesus is incredible because He will sit down and talk to anyone! We all should want to get this living water! Get with Jesus!

John 7:38-39   He that believeth on Jesus as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  This is the Spirit that He that believes will get the Holy Ghost.

Barriers are broken when:

1. Jesus reveals Himself!

2. Jesus becomes our Savior!

3. Jesus and the Sprit of God change us!

AMEN

I have to ask this first. Why did you post this in the Prophecy forum? Did you have some underlying reason or was it a mistake? (It's okay either way; I'm just curious.)

Guest AFlameOfFire

Shalom, AFlameOfFire.

It's not that she was immoral in having 5 husbands; it was because the SIXTH man that she was cohabiting with was NOT her husband! This incident has nothing to do with the Sadducees' hypothetical argument they presented to Yeshua` (Jesus). They merely concocted that story to try and trap Yeshua` in His words.

We don't know HOW she lost her first 5 husbands. Some may have been in death, but others may have been through divorce. She may have been feared by others because of the "streak of bad luck" she had! People are not very kind or compassionate when they encounter some situation they don't understand. The fear that they have can drive them to say and do things which under other circumstances they would regret and even condemn in others.

Besides, we don't really know that she was condemned by others; she may have been simply living under the feelings of guilt and condemning HERSELF! So ashamed with feelings of false guilt, maybe she blamed herself for being so "unlucky!" Maybe she couldn't look at the other women of the village directly in the eye; so, she chose ON HER OWN to go to the well in the heat of the day.

We don't know nor are we told more than that, but we DO know that Yeshua` found in her the opportunity to share His offer of the Kingdom to the half-breed Isra'elites there in Shomron (Samaria) by informing her that the Messiah she knew about was He.

Shalom, AFlameOfFire.

Hey Retrobyter, were you there when the discussion I was having was going on?

Then don't assume it was just over the sixth man when you weren't present to know.

And you really have to stop assuming words into my mouth as if you are actually understanding me all the time, its getting a little annoying. Speaking to me according to your own assumptions, you do that a lot.

You don't need to yell (!) either.

Thanks