Is God a Big Fan of Dating?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I would not quite opine that it is stupid, I would offer that it is probably unwise for most people. Certainly, the way it is often done in modern America at least, it often end up getting the cart before the horse. Often a couple gets intimate physically, before getting intimate emotionally, mentally, and spirtually. They bond on the least important basic, and that tends to interfere with the more important intimacies.

I don't think there is any good reason to get as intimate as a kiss, before marriage. If a couple cannot hold off on the physicalness intended for the latter parts of a relationship, it is probably more likely that will do other things outside of God's plan for them. The pre marriage time is an excellent time to test oneself, find out about the fruit of the Spirit (like self control). The fruit will go a long way in helping a marriage survive and thrive. it is also a good time for introspection, take the time to understand what love actually is, not seeking self pleasure, but seeking the well being of another. A person who can deny themselves and seek the welfare of their partner, has an excellent chance of being a good partner in marriage.

People who 'need' to do what they think is fun or pleasurable and consider it more important than doing what is right, are getting off on the wrong foot. Dating in modern America, is often just that. Learn about your potential life partner on non physical levels before committing to marriage, and once committed to marriage, save for marriage, what is intended for marriage.

Dating for some people, consists of things like going for a dance, going to a theater, or other entertaining distractions that are not conducive to communicating, it is no wonder that people who get married, often do not even know things as simple as the favorite color of their beloved. When that is the case, do we really know enough about the person to marry them? 

Take the time to study your potential future spouse, and in this way, know best how to love them, be a giver not a taker, be a servant. Couples who can manage to have that attitude, placing God first and their spouse second, will rarely if ever divorce. Most divorces happen because one or both partners, are just plain selfish and have no compulsion to change. Am I wrong?

I just like the use of "opine" thought it was a typo, but its a good post and I learned a new word to boot