BlessedByTheBest

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

1Ki 22:19  And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 
1Ki 22:20  And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. 
1Ki 22:21  And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
1Ki 22:22  And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
1Ki 22:23  Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Joh 12:35  Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. 
Joh 12:36  While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. 
Joh 12:37  But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 
Joh 12:38  That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? 
Joh 12:39  Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 
Joh 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Joh 12:41  These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him. 
Joh 12:42  Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: 
Joh 12:43  For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

1) at what point can we discern that a person is beyond deceived, and is outright under divine judgement from God?  are some destined to damnation?
2) why is it that the rebuking/casting out of unclean spirits doesn't work for some people?  is it possible that these spirits come from the mandate of God Himself?

Rom 1:26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 
Rom 1:27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 

the report in John 12 goes like this:

they WOULD not believe after witnessing so many miracles;
and then they COULD not believe, because the Father has given them over to their error.  
in doing so He blinds the eyes, and hardens the hearts of men to the Truth in Christ Jesus.

2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

3) is this because they rejected the Good News after inwardly KNOWING it is the Truth?
4) are there unbelievers today who have been judged with the inability to repent and believe?

5) how many Christians today love not the Truth and are given opportunities to repent and accept the Truth the Holy Spirit shows them, before the Father gives them over to false doctrines or spirits of error?

thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Our pastor's preaching is very kind, but no holds barred. He preaches straight through books of the Bible. Once he commented that the people he is concerned about are the ones that come every sunday but have never given their lives to Christ. If their ears are not open to hear the Gospel, their hearts must be very hard. So why are they here? It would be better if they not come than to continue hardening their hearts.

There are many who want to receive Jesus as Savior but don't want to give their lives to God. It becomes apparent when they repeat the sinners prayer. and don't say the last phrase "I give my whole life to you now." Perhaps it takes time for some to make that step. Surrender is the hardest thing for some people because they want to do it their way instead of entering by the narrow door. But after we learn it is safer to let God lead us and trust Him to know what is best, then the rest is easy. The just shall live by their faith.

Your would not and could not reminds me of Pharoah. He hardened his own heart Ex 8:32 then God hardened his heart. Ex 10:37

amen Willa.  Jesus Christ demands one to carry their cross, which means to die daily.

these Truths tend to become uncomfortable for some.

what can we do about these hardened hearts, if not prayer and fasting for the Father to draw them to Himself?

oh my how the pharaoh was given opportunities..

Guest AFlameOfFire

Good question BlessedByTheBest.

Heres another in respects to darkness coming upon one as well, maybe this one can add a little to yours and help out in some way.

This part here I was looking at along with a part I was curious about in Malichi

It says,

Acts 13:6 And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:

Acts 13:7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.

Acts 13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation ) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

Whereas below (even as Jesus was a witness against those oppressing  the widow Mat 23:14) Who himself said for judgment I am come into the world ...this...

Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Wherein Acts we see next...

Acts 13:9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Acts 13:11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Whereas likewise we see...

John 9:39 Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Acts 13:11a And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season.

Then looked up a mist of darkness, and I also found it here

2Peter 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

Where here it says,

Acts 13:11b  And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

One says  not seeing the sun for a season, but the other speaks of those to whom a mist of darkness is reserved for ever. And of course, when the mist of darkness fell upon him he went seeking some to lead him (who is now blind) by the hand.

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

This was one I was looking at in various ways, there was a man born blind who the disciples asked Jesus, who sinned? This man or his parents? And it was neither, but that the glory of God might be revealed. But of the teachers of the Law asking, "what, are we blind too"? I believe got the sense of what he meant, but these had their physical eyesight (but blind in a spiritual sense) ...seeing they see not. But here seems to indicate judgment, or more of a recompense because it does say, Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers...wherein this picture shows  Elymas the sorcerer who is already a child of the devil (under the power of darkness) seeking to turn another from the faith. The deputy desiring to hear the word of God (faith comes by) he was interfering with that under spiritual darkness (already) and the Lords hand was upon him for evil. But here being made blind. Obviously not from birth to the glory of God but of judgment.

Which doesn't necessarily conflict with the same given Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.  Just in different ways it appears. Though I found it ironic also how (now) being made blind, did seek (as a blind man would) whether spiritually so, or naturally so another to lead him by the hand here... Acts 13:11b  And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

And when you are blind (in either case) you often have to trust the other one leading you can actually see, because you really cannot tell that on your own Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

There it seems to be judgment falling on someone swiftly just as it speaks very similarly of Him coming near to them in judgment, but here more after the witness of the Holy Ghost in Paul.

• 1 month later...

thanks Flame