IGNORED

WN: '2 Million Bikers' roar into D.C. to honor 9/11, protest

WorthyNewsBot

I think it is great that the bikers are taking a stand.  This is what civil disobedience is.  But, I can't help wonder what type of reaction everyone would have if it were a group whose ideas we did not agree with who were violating the permit law?

We'd probably see another bike rally.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think it is great that the bikers are taking a stand.  This is what civil disobedience is.  But, I can't help wonder what type of reaction everyone would have if it were a group whose ideas we did not agree with who were violating the permit law?

I think you misunderstood the permit law in DC. The permit they were applying for would have let them ride through DC without stopping-such as for stop signs, and such like that, which would allow them to travel throughout the city unhindered and quickly, but they were still allowed to go legally but would have to stop for all lights and follow all traffic laws. So the reality of it is, DC denying them the permits only punished the citizens of DC as they had to deal with the traffic congestion for hours longer then they needed to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

As Patriot mentioned, no laws were broken. They just had to take a lot longer to get through DC, and travel in small groups rather than one big group.

All traffic laws were obeyed (stopping at red lights, etc.).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Most are not-but even so they didn't show

Up representing the church. Imagine what would happen in america if just half the churches stood together to protest anything? We would be nearly unstoppable.

The DC bike'rs rally was not a protest, it was to honor those who died on 911 and to honor our troops.  And I disagree with you that most bikers are not of Christ's church.  We have had bikers come through my city by the thousands who sponsor fund raising events for some worthy cause to help others,  and before heading out after a night over they gather together for a prayer of thanks to our Lord in Jesus name. They do it publically  and make a tremendous witness.  Most bikers are true Americans, love God and country and support the troops.  I read from people who were there that the biker count was at least 800,000 minimum.  I think that is quite impressive.  Truth be known, the count was probably close to 1.5 million, but you will never hear that from the left media complex.

From Newsmax

While the "Million Muslim March" looked likely to be a flop, the "2 Million Bikers" event brought participants from throughout the eastern seaboard. One estimate put the number of bikers there at 880,000.

So many turned out that plans to have them ride through the streets of the Capital had to be changed. "There are so many motorcycles that trying to go through Washington, D.C., would not have worked," ride organizer Eric Zern told WTOP-Radio.  More at abovce link with video

they did it, yes to remember 9/11 but also to protest the muslims. They even posted letters to their intent. And yes, I know many bikers who are christians-but the vast majority are not. Just like all of america, christians are in the minority and its nieve to think otherwise. You may be around lots of bikers-but I live within 2 hours of sturgis which hosts the nations largest bike rally. And its pretty obvious who the majority is. Yes, I see thousands of christian bikers come through-but I see easily 10 times that many who arn't. Most of them are good people, but not christians.

Christian or not, it was a good sight to see. The last few years I've been losing faith in this country and it's people. Those bikers restored a little bit of that faith. Perhaps it's not as bad as I perceived.

agreed man

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know what you mean.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to all,

This is the first I have heard of this,thank you for sharing this wonderful news....it makes me proud to be American!

Here in Florida there are many motorcycle organizations,Christian and otherwise...I must say ,they seem to always demonstrate whatever they are representing at each rally in a very decent an orderly manner-I guess they are well aware of how getting arrested would defeat the purpose of their rally?

I guess many more Christians would show up if they had the means to do so,not everyone can just pick up and head to different States whenever they would like....I wish we all could,I know I would love to if it were possible.We are certainly a minority but that never stopped any of the great men of God that we read about in the Bible....like Gideon and the 300,to God be the glory!

With love,in Christ-Kwik