WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,377
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

In a recent interview with the Times magazine, Richard Dawkins attempted to defend what he called "mild pedophilia," which, he says, he personally experienced as a young child and does not believe causes "lasting harm."

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

More here:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2013/09/richard-dawkins-defends-mild-pedophilia-again-and-again/69269/

One of the more disturbing aspects of his claim:

Quote:- "instilling a child with fundamentalist religious beliefs is actually a worse way to abuse a child;"

These are sickening words. I believe that we are now just getting a taste of a future to come.

Quite a few folks have said that after the gays and gay marriage were okay'ed (aka rammed down society's throat) the pedophiles were going to come out of the woodwork sooner or later. Now that has started it would seem. Fasten your seat belt 'cause the ride's gunna get more interesting from here . . . :whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

And too many said it would never happen. 

Guess what happened. The naysayers were wrong. It happened.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I've reflected and I still find his comments to be reprobate, but I will pray for him.

Isa 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isa 5:21
Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Guest shiloh357

Please reflect upon why Mr Dawkins may hold his beliefs and pray for him. Child abuse creates deep scars.

I have reflected on them and his comments don't reflect deep scars but an apparent moral indifference to the effects of child molestation.  i also doubt his claim that he was molested based on his comments.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Please reflect upon why Mr Dawkins may hold his beliefs and pray for him. Child abuse creates deep scars.

I have reflected on them and his comments don't reflect deep scars but an apparent moral indifference to the effects of child molestation.  i also doubt his claim that he was molested based on his comments.

Maybe he was molested and it does create scars. Maybe we are seeing the fruit of his scars.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

You ever meet someone molested as a kid? They do not approve of it and are usually quite traumatized.

Guest shiloh357

Maybe he was molested and it does create scars. Maybe we are seeing the fruit of his scars.

He probably was not molested.  I have found atheists like him with an agenda will say just about anything.   If he were molested there is little chance that he could be so nonchalant and indifferent about the damage it does to children.