Andrew Wabomba

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I fail to understand is why was Herod deadly feared baby Jesus as a king . And if he was to become earthly king ,it would take long time by then Herod would be old enough to retire. Did Herod believed he would be everlasting king ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Andrew,

King Herod was actually put in place as Jewish leader in Judah by Rome....not by popularity or hereditary and we know he was a very jealous and insecure fellow as he killed his own brother-in-law and sons as they gained more popularity than he did,in a jealous rage he even had his wife Miriam killed.When he heard of the news,as told in Matthew, that a baby was to be born that was to be King of the Jews he was frightened,he was frightened for fear of losing his power....already,before this baby was born the wise men wanted to pay homage to this King and bring Him gifts...image the jealousy that rose up in him as the wise men did not come to see him but to ask about the baby King?!!!

So ,I think besides fear gripping his heart I think he was also bound by jealousy and so evil that the mere thought of someone else being king just drove him mad,even though He was a little baby.....Herod was a murderous lunatic.

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Blessings Andrew,

King Herod was actually put in place as Jewish leader in Judah by Rome.... not by popularity or hereditary and we know he was a very jealous and insecure fellow as he killed his own brother-in-law and sons as they gained more popularity than he did, in a jealous rage he even had his wife Miriam killed. When he heard of the news, as told in Matthew, that a baby was to be born that was to be King of the Jews he was frightened, he was frightened for fear of losing his power.... already, before this baby was born the wise men wanted to pay homage to this King and bring Him gifts... image the jealousy that rose up in him as the wise men did not come to see him but to ask about the baby King?!!!

So, I think besides fear gripping his heart I think he was also bound by jealousy and so evil that the mere thought of someone else being king just drove him mad, even though He was a little baby..... Herod was a murderous lunatic.

With love, in Christ - Kwik

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

~

And He Wasn't The Only One Who Then

But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. Acts 17:5

And Are Now Bound

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:28-32

By Jealousy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Fresno,

I just want to praise God,give Him glory,honor and thanksgiving!Halleluliah!Is it not beautiful and awesome how He has gathered His children to this(Worthy)His blessed place,that we may encourage and extol one another be of like mind and judgement,in one accord................................bless You ,Oh Heavenly Father....in the precious Name of Jesus,our Head of this wonderful Body!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Blessings Fresno,

I just want to praise God, give Him glory, honor and thanksgiving! Halleluliah! Is it not beautiful and awesome how He has gathered His children to this (Worthy) His blessed place, that we may encourage and extol one another be of like mind and judgement, in one accord................................bless You, Oh Heavenly Father....in the precious Name of Jesus, our Head of this wonderful Body!

With love, in Christ - Kwik

:thumbsup:

As Always

I Am In Total Agreement

With You My Beloved Sister

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. Psalms 133

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Precisely nice answer kwikphilly !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Precisely nice answer kwikphilly !

Also remember Andrew, that age had nothing to do with being a king. There were kings (Pharaoh's of Egypt) who were 8 years old and "advised' by their mothers. So Herod, who heard "king of the Jews", was not thinking Jesus Son of God. He was thinking that Jesus could rival his power, and cause problems to his masters in Rome.

If only he had known what was to be in 30 years or so time!