• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

As a scientist, I see no reason why I cannot be considered a Christian.  Jay Stephen Gould proposed a concept called Nonoverlapping Magesteria (NOMA).  It keeps the sciences and faith separate, as it should be.  Richard Dawkins doesn't think highly of the idea, but I wish scientists and apologists would abide by it.

As a scientist, I see no reason why I cannot be considered a Christian.  Jay Stephen Gould proposed a concept called Nonoverlapping Magesteria (NOMA).  It keeps the sciences and faith separate, as it should be.  Richard Dawkins doesn't think highly of the idea, but I wish scientists and apologists would abide by it.

~

Regnum 

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

Ad Infinitum

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:3-5

He campaigned against creationism and proposed that science and religion should be considered two distinct fields (or "magisteria") whose authorities do not overlap. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Jay_Gould

~

Science

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

And It's Lies

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

Doesn't Mix With Jesus

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

And His Godhood

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

You See

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:26

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Christians come in all colors, sizes, educations, location, etc, but have one thing in common.  Jesus.  Tell us about your personal relationship with Jesus.

What would you like to know?  Information about good works, spiritual fruit?  Or the health of my prayer life and dedication to Scripture study?   :laughing:

Christ is the all pervasive Reality.  I would echo what Dostoevsky wrote long ago:  Even if they demonstrate that Christ did not exist, I would still trust in Him.

What would I like to know?  I was pretty sure I was clear, but in case I was not ... Describe your personal relationship with Christ. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Check out a movie called "Genesis Code" Right dab in the middle of the movie, it proves that the 7 days of creation is roughly 15.9 billion years as described by scientists. Pretty crazy how they explain it, and how the proof alone shows that God is the maker. In the first scripture its reads , In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.   Which scientifically states God created Time (Beginning) Space (Heavens) and Matter (Earth). Not until the 20th century did scientists figure out the universe consisted of time, space, and matter. That and mose's relaying God's message of the 7 days, so perfectly matches up to the scientists conclusion on the universe being 15.9 billion years old. Down to the very detail. Proving God the creator because back in mose's day, the believed the world was flat, among other caveman beliefs without current day technology. Our world's knowledge is just catching up with God's word, in the very time we should be. The time is near, for all things to be revealed.

Anyways check out the movie, it's very interesting. Genesis Code, it's on netflix if you have it. If not google it

Check out a movie called "Genesis Code" Right dab in the middle of the movie, it proves that the 7 days of creation is roughly 15.9 billion years as described by scientists. Pretty crazy how they explain it, and how the proof alone shows that God is the maker. In the first scripture its reads , In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.   Which scientifically states God created Time (Beginning) Space (Heavens) and Matter (Earth). Not until the 20th century did scientists figure out the universe consisted of time, space, and matter. That and mose's relaying God's message of the 7 days, so perfectly matches up to the scientists conclusion on the universe being 15.9 billion years old. Down to the very detail. Proving God the creator because back in mose's day, the believed the world was flat, among other caveman beliefs without current day technology. Our world's knowledge is just catching up with God's word, in the very time we should be. The time is near, for all things to be revealed.

Anyways check out the movie, it's very interesting. Genesis Code, it's on netflix if you have it. If not google it

I believe Gerald Schroeder came up with that figure originally.  I cannot remember the name of his book, though.

What would I like to know?  I was pretty sure I was clear, but in case I was not ... Describe your personal relationship with Christ. I

I consider myself to be a child of Christ.  I am not sure if I really believe in God, but I do believe in Christ.  Does this seem strange?

What would I like to know?  I was pretty sure I was clear, but in case I was not ... Describe your personal relationship with Christ. I

I consider myself to be a child of Christ.  I am not sure if I really believe in God, but I do believe in Christ.  Does this seem strange?

One cannot believe in the true Christ without believing the God, so yes, your belief is strange and not a Christian one.  Now that you have told me about your beliefs, can you tell me about your relationship with Christ?