• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ill get strait to the point.

I made a promise to God, and then broke it twice.

I know that God says to not make any promises that we cannot keep, but i felt confident enough to make serious promise.

I quickly found that i was not strong enough to uphold my promise.

So what happens now?

I feel guilty and stupid for breaking my promise, and ive already asked God for His forgiveness, but i still feel like i need to be punished. :/

Both God and I know that i could have chosen to keep up my promise, but instead i got lazy. Twice.

How many chances do i get before God will punish me? I have definitely learned my lesson but i dont feel worthy enough to have even one more chance.

Can someone please explain this to me? I am very scatter brained right now... :/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to you Drummer_Boy!

Oh dear,Gods Mercy endures forever,praise & glory to our Loving Father!How many times?As many as it takes while the blood still flows in our veins!You see,God already knew we could do nothing to be worthy,to be Holy ,to be acceptable,to be anything but filthy rags....our works could never be good enough...but He loves us soooo much that He sent His only begotten Son,Jesus....to take our place on the cross....everytime you have broken your promise,Christ has already suffered the punishment that you DO deserve...but the price,the debt,has been paid for in full!My God,Worthy is the Lamb of God....praise Jesus...

My Brother,does this mean you should go & do it again...of course not!So repent...sin no more & don't make promises you cannot keep....but Christ died ONCE for all of our sins....past ,present & future....do you deserve punishment,absolutely...but you will not be because you have unmerited Grace of God....if you have asked Jesus to be the Lord & Savior of your life believe in Him.....then He has done just that,He has saved you from Gods wrath & covered you with His Precious blood reconciled you back to the Father,  when God sees you He sees His Son.......WOW,makes you really want to drop to your knees and give your whole heart & soul to Jesus,doesn't it?You are feeling conviction in your heart by the power of the Holy Spirit....ask Jesus to help you to be more sensitive to that same Spirit that you will feel convicted before you sin,to lead you not into temptation......

Do not let the enemy bind you in sin condemnation...it is a lie,seek God in His Word & strengthen your relationship with Him....put on the full armor of God(ephesians)& get to know Jesus,not just about Him...read the Book of John & see how much He loves you....

Just remember,young Brother.....you have no guarantee you will awaken to see another day,so repent(sin no more)& seek God in all you do.......Christ promises us we are born again,new creatures in Him....submit to Him & let Him change your heart & mind.....Is Jesus your Lord & Savior?if you have not asked Him then do it now!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I quickly found that i was not strong enough to uphold my promise.

So what happens now?

Simply

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Try not to meditate on it , ask God for forgiveness and then forgive your self , :mgcheerful:  

Isaiah 43:18 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.

Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever
1 John 1:9    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am he who blots out   your transgressions, for my own sake,and remembers your sins no more.

Be keeping you in prayer brother  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Thankfully, God is forgiving and we are not perfect, so ask for forgiveness we all make mistakes. This will slowly grow your faith in Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Just remember as God is so faithful to forgive us, we are commanded to forgive others.  

21)  Then came Peter to Him, and said, Lord, how off shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22)  Jesus, saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Matthew 18:21-22

The rest of this chapter tells us the importance of forgiving others for Jesus tells us at the end of this chapter after a parable about forgiving, if we don't forgive others, God will judge us of our trepasses

35)  So likewise shall my Heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Matthew 18:35

During the Sermon on the Mount Jesus tells us if we want God's forgiveness we must forgive others, this can only be done by the power of the Holy Spirit.  So how long will God be willing to forgive us as long as we remember we need His forgiveness so we have no right to not forgive others.

14)  For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.

15)  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:14-15

And be ye kind one to another, and tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Ephesians 4:32 

Of late when I start to hold a grudge against someone, I can heard the Holy Spirit speaking to me, and saying can you really afford to hold this again others, seeing how long a sheet of charges the adversary brings before the Father against you, as long as I allow the Holy Spirit to help me forgive others that sheet of which, God only knows how many charges satan bring against me, is sign all paid by the Blood of Jesus.