apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

They ran away from Him as He was caught. These twelve men who had followed Jesus around for three years were now no where to be found. How interesting that Peter who asserted that he would die before Christ would be arrested, was now denying Christ and crying like a baby. John, whom Jesus loved, had fled the scene when the guards arrived. The other disciples hid so well that we do not even know where they went, only that they ran away from Jesus. Why? Why would these young men (only around their early twenties to late teens) who were so incredibly close to Christ all of a sudden run away from Him? The answer is simple yet complex; fear. What did these young men fear though? After all, they believed that Jesus was the son of God, so why would they be afraid? We often times criticize these disciples for running away and act like pre-denial Peter and say,

• Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.75

Yes I'm afraid...I'm afraid I won't messure up...I'm afraid that I will give in at "that" time. I pray the Lord give me the strength I need.

Great post Super Jew (swoooooosh vrooooom) :thumbsup::)

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Are you happy? You've made me bust into tears. :) But I assure you these are tears of joy, because the Lord has used you to remind us that no matter what happens, we have nothing to fear; all things are in God's hands: our life, our family, our nation, and the world around us. Everything that happens is part of His plan. There is nothing to fear. For this reason, we must share the gospel in boldness and without shame.

Jew, please pray for me in sharing the message with a Mormon acquaintance of mine. I've never had a stronger calling to share the gospel than now, with this person. I believe God will use me to bring her to the Lord.

I was rather depressed before reading this, just to let you know. But the Holy Spirit has filled me and wiped away those disrespectful worries. I am now ready to boldy share the good news of Jesus Christ.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Great post, SJ. ITA.

• Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Wow, thank you all for the positive feedback. I'm getting ready to head home for Christmas break and will be speaking at a few bible clubs in the area while I'm there. I was thinking about using this as a message and I think I might just do that now.

• Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.75

:thumbsup: I think that might just be a good idea :)

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Thanks Super Jew, awesome words of encouragment.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

WOW!!! Thank you Super Jew. I use to be one of those people who said if I walked with Jesus like John and the rest I wouldn't have run away and I really believed it up until last year when I was placed in a very odd situation and I did just want they did, I ran. Thank God He is so forgiving.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Are you happy? You've made me bust into tears. :blink: But I assure you these are tears of joy, because the Lord has used you to remind us that no matter what happens, we have nothing to fear; all things are in God's hands: our life, our family, our nation, and the world around us. Everything that happens is part of His plan. There is nothing to fear. For this reason, we must share the gospel in boldness and without shame.

Jew, please pray for me in sharing the message with a Mormon acquaintance of mine. I've never had a stronger calling to share the gospel than now, with this person. I believe God will use me to bring her to the Lord.

I was rather depressed before reading this, just to let you know. But the Holy Spirit has filled me and wiped away those disrespectful worries. I am now ready to boldy share the good news of Jesus Christ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'

Bless you, friend! May God be with you! :thumbsup: