IGNORED

When is anger righteous, and when is it not?

Dak

Hello Dak. I think even in the time you have righteous anger there is the possibility you will act sinfully. Let me say I agree there's the time when your anger is condoned by God but what you do with that anger may not be. Hence in your anger do not sin etc.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Dak. I think even in the time you have righteous anger there is the possibility you will act sinfully. Let me say I agree there's the time when your anger is condoned by God but what you do with that anger may not be. Hence in your anger do not sin etc.

Yes, I agree with you. I've never seen this matter in this kind of light before. And yes, I think that this is why I need more self-control, so that I will not sin when I'm angry -- even when my anger is righteous! -- and do only the will of God.

And that... should be very hard to do....

Thanks ninhao!

By the way, about our discussion in the other thread, I'll try now to make my post later today or tomorrow.

~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Anger is not always sin.There is a type of anger that the BIble approves,called "righteous indignation".Biblically,anger is God-given energy intended to help us solve problems.Examples of biblical anger include David's being upset over hearing Nathan the prophet sharing an injustice(2 Samuel 12) and Jesus' anger over how some of the Jews had defiled worship at God's temple in Jerusalem(John 2:13-18).

Anger at an injustice inflicted against oneself is also appropriate.Anger is a warning flag-it alerts us to those times when others are attempting to or have violated our boundaries.

Anger can become sinful when it is motivated by pride(James 1:20) when it is unproductive and distorts God's purposes (1 Corinthians10:31) or when anger is allowed to linger (Ephesians 4:26-27).We must act to solve our part of the problem (Romans 12:18).We cannot control how others act or respond,but we can make the changes that need to be made on our part.

Guest AFlameOfFire

I always found anger is always righteous when someone else is angry at me (and is therefore always this justifiable "righteous anger") but its never righteous if the tables are turned I ever am.

No siree, thats always unjustified

In otherwords its always righteous (coming your way) but never righteous coming out from you.

Or so it seems lol

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

This thread is a combination about anger and "the gifts of God is without repentance".

When Jesus turned the tables over, He was walking in God's will. He knew what was going on before He went in there. God does not lead us into battle blindfolded. He never has and never will.

God ordained what happened. God justified what happened. The gifts of God are without repentance.

Now, I would not suggest that someone go in and do something that they were not led by God to go do.

But, if God has led you in such a way, get ready, the wolf pack will bite hard.

Get in the Word and read, read, read. God will show you through the Word your ministry.

God bless you

I always found anger is always righteous when someone else is angry at me (and is therefore always this justifiable "righteous anger") but its never righteous if the tables are turned I ever am.

No siree, thats always unjustified

In otherwords its always righteous (coming your way) but never righteous coming out from you.

Or so it seems lol

You know, you just may have pinpointed the heart of the problem :P

Anger is not always sin.There is a type of anger that the BIble approves,called "righteous indignation".Biblically,anger is God-given energy intended to help us solve problems.Examples of biblical anger include David's being upset over hearing Nathan the prophet sharing an injustice(2 Samuel 12) and Jesus' anger over how some of the Jews had defiled worship at God's temple in Jerusalem(John 2:13-18).

Anger at an injustice inflicted against oneself is also appropriate.Anger is a warning flag-it alerts us to those times when others are attempting to or have violated our boundaries.

Anger can become sinful when it is motivated by pride(James 1:20) when it is unproductive and distorts God's purposes (1 Corinthians10:31) or when anger is allowed to linger (Ephesians 4:26-27).We must act to solve our part of the problem (Romans 12:18).We cannot control how others act or respond,but we can make the changes that need to be made on our part.

Thanks Bopeep. I think you may have just answered my question.

However, the others also have valid points, and I have to consider them too, so I cannot yet give you the Best Answer award :)

~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Thanks Bopeep. I think you may have just answered my question.

However, the others also have valid points, and I have to consider them too, so I cannot yet give you the Best Answer award :)

~

I don't think you can give that I think the Mods do that.

@Bopeep:

I have here a button that says "Mark Solved." I haven't tested it yet, but I think that's what it does.

Also, I remember reading from the pinned thread about Worthy Q & A that the asker of the question (in this case, me) has already been given the ability to decide who has given the best answer....

This thread is a combination about anger and "the gifts of God is without repentance".

When Jesus turned the tables over, He was walking in God's will. He knew what was going on before He went in there. God does not lead us into battle blindfolded. He never has and never will.

God ordained what happened. God justified what happened. The gifts of God are without repentance.

Now, I would not suggest that someone go in and do something that they were not led by God to go do.

But, if God has led you in such a way, get ready, the wolf pack will bite hard.

Get in the Word and read, read, read. God will show you through the Word your ministry.

God bless you

Thanks for the reply. You gave a few interesting points. I'll be considering what you said about "the gifts of God are without repentance."

Just need to point out a couple of things though:

First, Jesus knew beforehand what was going to happen at the moneychanger's tables because he is God and he has that ability. We don't.

And second, I have found out in my life that God's leading has been mostly blindfolded, even unto spiritual battles. Isn't this our motto as Christians? Walking by faith and not by sight?

~