WISDOM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Around what time was Adam and Eve created? I know Abraham lived around 2100 BC and the family line can go back all the way to Adam and Eve. So what time did Adam and Eve live?

Also, where do dinosaurs come into play in the Bible? There is proven evidence of them, so you can't say they didn't exist. But when did God make them and when did they rule the earth? What about scientists description of neandrethals (however you spell it)homosapiens and how they looked then and evolved since then...what about that if Adam and Eve where the first humans on earth????????

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

I read this in a book called "The Answers Book" put out by Answers In Genesis (Answers in Genesis).

Dinosaurs were first in existence about 6000 years ago, and were created on the sixth day with Adam, Eve, and the other animals (Genesis 1:20-25, 31).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Go to creationquestions.com and you should find your answers. Also read Job theres some pretty good descriptions in chapter 40 I believe of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs were dated using a method called carbon dating. It has been disputed.

Love in Christ

Teri

Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from AnJeLiKeWhOa on 5:49 pm on April 22, 2002

Around what time was Adam and Eve created?

Eph writes..

My guess would be sometime before lunch time...!

Anjel asks..

I know Abraham lived around 2100 BC and the family line can go back all the way to Adam and Eve. So what time did Adam and Eve live?

Eph writes...

They lived a "LONG" time ago..prior to Abraham being born..!

Anjel writes..

Also, where do dinosaurs come into play in the Bible?

Eph says..

I'm not aware of "dino's" playing anywhere in scripture...!

Anjel states...

There is proven evidence of them, so you can't say they didn't exist.

Eph replies...

I didn't...!

Anjel says..

But when did God make them and when did they rule the earth?

Eph says..

He made then sometime before he made Adam and Eve...but I'm not aware they were "ruling"..anything at that time..!

Anjel asks...!

What about scientists description of neandrethals (however you spell it)homosapiens and how they looked then and evolved since then...

Eph says...

"NEANDERTHAL" is the proper spelling......Well I'm sure they have something constructive to say on many issues and subjects..It just may be that on this particular subject it isn't in line what God said..! I'll stick with GOD and his thoughts that are "first hand"..on this since scientists weren't around during this time period..!

Anjel writes..

what about that if Adam and Eve where the first humans on earth????????

Eph says..

This statement above is an incomplete form of a direct question Anjel..So I don't know what your asking about...! Umm...I agree they were the 1st humans..!

Is that what you wanted to know...??

Guest Christopher

Anyone watch "The Real Eve" on the Discovery Channel last night?  Where does all this scientific mumbo jumbo come from?  They claim 10,000 year old human bones as if they were fact, but dating is imprecise, if I recall.  Mitochondriel DNA and tests that supposedly reveal a common ancestor going back about 100,000 years.  Even if they have the timelines wrong, a common ancestor would be consistent with the biblical creation story, would it not?

About dinosaurs, I am curious as to why human and dinosaur bones are never found together, at least none that I have heard of.  I have a hard time sharing the literal interpretations of the Old Testament put out by Answers in Genesis, even if I do question the carbon dating techniques.  I don't think people and dinosaurs lived together and have a hard time picturing dinos on the ark.   :shocked:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

They have found human footprints and dino footprints together in the same strata of rock. I saw some pictures of this recently, as my professor had been the one to take the photos in Nebraska I believe. I am not sure about bones being found together, but it is possible. One thing to think about Christopher is that the anti-deluvian world (pre-flood) was definitely different than the world today. It had never rained, and the climate was the same throughout the whole earth. By the way there is plenty of evidence for this. I watched an show on the discovery channel the other night too. It was called: In search of the real "Garden of Eden". Which they showed to be an actual place in Iran "Ancient Persia". It was a very interesting  :taped: show to say the least. I actually think it may have been correct too. :shocked:

Guest EPHRIAM777

:taped:

I would be very careful watching the "Discovery" channel to get an accurate portrayal of ANYTHING with reguards to scripture...

They are "pushing" the Jesus Seminar line of thought..! That has nothing to do with Scholarship..or Discovery..!

:shocked:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Okay, I'm gonna crawl out from under my rock again and ask, What is the Jesus Seminar? :shocked:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I know Bob, but this was a guy just looking for the actual place, using scripture and ancient evidence. I agree that the discovery channel does follow the Jesus Seminar reasoning most of the time, but it did seem like an unbiased search for an actual place.

The Jesus Seminar is a group of Liberal Theologians, Traveller. They are often quoted by the secular media as authorities on Biblical literature, and theology, and Peter Jennings program: The Search for the Biblical Jesus used primarily these liberal theologians as a proof that Jesus wasn't what the Bible teaches about the Messiah.Alegorizing the miracles,theresurrection, and even insinuating that Jesus married Mary Magdalene is some of the stuff these theologians come up with.

Guest EPHRIAM777

Traveller asks...!

Okay, I'm gonna crawl out from under my rock again and ask, What is the Jesus Seminar?

Eph writes...

A group of Scholars that came together to formulate what IS and ISN'T scripture..

The problem is they have NO scholarship in "Biblical studies"....For example If I'm an eye doctor my field of expertice is related to the eye..!..My qualifications don't allow me to preform Brain surgery..or Heart surgery..!

These "Jesus Seminar" folks have gone and decided what is and isn't scripture..Then belch it out mostly on channels like Discovery and History as if it is scholarly inteligent hard thought out reasonable "truth"..!

Far from it..!

PBS is even worse..!

:shocked: