IGNORED

Change of thought or change in taste?

So here is the breakdown for the above question. Tonight after my counselling appointment, I stopped by the liquor store and picked up some beer. I drove home, cracked one open and took a sip, I felt a little ill and turned off from it. The can had been sitting here on my coffee table, untouched for an hour. I couldn't bring myself to have another sip. I decided I must just not want it anymore, so I got up, got rid of it, and made something to eat instead. It was odd. Has anyone else had a similar experience with something you are generally addicted to? Do you think there was a mental change or change in taste?

Mental change I think which leads to the change in taste. You may also at that time simply have not wanted to drink.  In my experience it's best to avoid something I want to resist ie. don't have it around.

God bless Stirstik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Oh yes...it can happen just like that...you aren't alone, Stirstik...Some of us know exactly what it's like and what kind of life addictions can bring...And have lived through it long enough to now know what it is like not living like that...Amazing...and Wonderful...and Different...and Just Awesome!!! Hahaha

Much love to you...

So here is the breakdown for the above question. Tonight after my counselling appointment, I stopped by the liquor store and picked up some beer. I drove home, cracked one open and took a sip, I felt a little ill and turned off from it. The can had been sitting here on my coffee table, untouched for an hour. I couldn't bring myself to have another sip. I decided I must just not want it anymore, so I got up, got rid of it, and made something to eat instead. It was odd. Has anyone else had a similar experience with something you are generally addicted to? Do you think there was a mental change or change in taste?

Oh, yes! :thumbsup: The Lord can do some amazing things while freeing us from addictions. My desire for drugs (meth in my case) disappeared almost immediately, followed by the booze a few months later. I just didn't have the desire for the stuff any longer. The freedom is great when you realize you've been set free from those bondages. The smoking took several years for me to finally be able to give up, its a long story, but that finally "fell away" also. I have the privilege of telling others that it wasn't me that broke the addictions, it was Jesus Christ. Our desires and such change as we grow closer to Jesus, and this process takes time. There's a reason He used examples of sowing and harvest - a harvest takes time. It takes work, but its well worth it. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings stirstik,

Perhaps you can really best answer this question after a little bit of time?As ninhao has mentioned ,you may just not have felt like drinking....its pretty hard to determine when we are talking about something that has only happened hours ago.

The last time we spoke you were very happy to have a couple of days of not drinking under your belt and you were praying about it,perhaps the Lord has delivered you?Over 30 years ago I was simply"delivered "of addiction....didn't really even ask the Lord,He just removed the taste from my mouth.......same thing with cigarettes,just didn't want them anymore...only 3yrs later I picked up the cigarettes and prayed for deliverance again & got my answer..."NO,I DID IT FOR YOU ALREADY,NOW YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT".....and boy was that a struggle.........

May I suggest you take advantage of this opportunity and ask the Lord to not lead you into temptation that you may"stay delivered!"

Praise & Glory to God in the Highest....I am praying for you....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I drank everyday for over 30 years.........until one day I just quit. I didn't lose my taste for it, because every now and then on a really hot day I can imagine slamming one....but I don't. It's not that I'm afraid I'll go back to drinking because I've had a beer here and there. I'm surrounded by drinkers. My frig is always stocked. No it's not mine, it's my brothers. 

So I believe it's a mental thing. I just lost interest in it. It's been almost 15 years. I don't believe I was ever addicted, because when I stopped, it was like I had never drank before. There were no cravings, no withdrawals...nothing. It was just something I used to do. Like playing Jacks when I was a kid. I used to do it, now I don't. 

I've had similar experiences with drugs. One day I was doing them like there was no tomorrow and the next day I had no interest in them whatsoever.

Strange.  

No man you did not have an addiction because you would have been very sick from withdrawal after not having alcohol for awhile.A person can die from withdrawal.My mother died from alcoholism.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Did you ever pray to God to take the taste of alcohol from you?

Did you ever pray to God to take the taste of alcohol from you?

I didn't pray that specifically no.