joejkljkl

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

What do you say to someone who hates God? What do you say to someone who says if they try to get their life straight they'll die (I don't mean physically). What do you say to someone who says they have fun being bad?

A person who actually hates God needs help.  I would ask him/her what was behind that.   In a way that it would be that I just didn't understand how someone could actually hate God and not in a condemning way.     As for the person who enjoys being bad......  that might actually depend on what being bad is....   What I would call being bad is not necessarily what anyone else would think.    So I would approach both in an inquisitive way trying to really understand what they are saying, feeling and doing...   until you understand where they are coming from, it's hard to know if they can be helped or not.   Showing love as the others have mentioned is very important.  That fact that you care about them might be something new to them.

Be kind and let the Holy Spirit do the work in them.

Thank you so much for your help other one! I read in your post that you said, "it's hard to know if they can be helped or not." Do you believe that some people are a lost cause?

While there are some that are just not reachable, there are others that it's just not the time.....   and I don't know any way to know the difference, so we just pass on the news of the Gospel and live it's way of life and let the Holy Spirit do his work.

Thanks again!

Edited by joejkljkl

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

amen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I agree with Kwik. We pray intensely for years or for however long it takes. We live the life before them and become sensitive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, especially as to when to keep quiet. Not saying anyting was the hardest part for me. But your brother now knows where you stand, so living the life before him is a living testamony. Don't argue with him, preach to him or quote verses to him. Just love him as God does, as he is. But you don't have to approve of his lifestyle and definitely don't participate in it. Make an excuse--I have other plans or even I just don't want to, but thank you. You are not better than him--there but for the grace of God go I. For it while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us. Demonstrate the love and joy of the Lord, the peace He has given you, and compassion. Whether or not He will be saved is in God''s hands. It is for us to not be a stumbling block to them and to keep out of God's way. He is in the salvation business. Sometimes I prayed that wherever they turned that they would run into God. Pray that God soften his heart and open his eyes and ears to the truth.

Blessings,

Willa

By the way, he is right when he says he will die. The old man and his sinful deeds will die and he will receive a new and better life through Christ that will not want to sin any longer. But that might scare him until he comes to the end of himself, hits bottom so there is no place to look but up. Right now his rotten life is all he knows and it is scary to give that up.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/13/1975

What do you say to someone who hates God? What do you say to someone who says if they try to get their life straight they'll die (I don't mean physically). What do you say to someone who says they have fun being bad?

We the bible says "don't premeditate, what to say...it will be given in that hour... by the holy spirit" .... I never make up a set of rules for witnessing, I let God lead me. But that said this is what I would say:

Hates God .... "You just don't realise yet, that God loves you, and loves others too" ... "The only reason why you hate God is you think he hates you"

I'll Die if I become a christian - I would share all the testimonies of blessing that God has bought into my life

Fun - well I have more fun being good

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

"What do you say to someone who hates God?"

I believe everyone if they are honest hate God before them come to know God's Son and repent of their sins. Jesus said that men love the darkness and not the light.

People need to know the great love of God and for us to share this love with others will have great impact.