• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Justin makes a good point. Yes, had he gone through a clinic this would not have happened to him. However, this situation highlights the can of worms that has been opened with society's embracing of homosexual relationships - the fate and care of the children.

This is only about gay people in the sense that two of the three participants happen to be gay. Since 40 - 50% of marriages now end in divorce the same "issues" could be applied to straight couples as well. There have been thousands upon thousands of cases where dad can't get his wife pregnant, so he brings a man over and leaves him to spend lone time with his wife. Especially in rural areas with little to no access to fertility clinics, and among the poor. Had the fathers in these cases up and left the "donor" would also be legally liable under the law.

These women did a crappy thing to the guy and I am not defending their behaviour, however this would not have happened if he had followed the law.

Nevertheless, it's still opening a can of worms.

I'll tell you how I would handle this if I were in his place.  I would immediately assert parental rights.  If he has to pay child support, then he has rights.  I would demand visitation, and would then fight for full custody, or whatever I could get and demand child support when the child was in my care.  No Christian would have helped a lesbian couple in that way, so from a purely vindictive way of handling things, I would have the child around people that were the worst homophobes on the planet to turn them against the mother.  The lesbian couple would seriously regret the day they messed with me. 

Wow!  I won't say I disagree, Butero; what the two women did was immature and self-serving.  The man sounds like a complete ditz but maybe he can muster the brain cells to follow your advice.  I feel sorry for the child. 

I feel sorry for the child, too. A biological father that doesn't want him (or her?) and will now resent him, and a mother who regards the father as someone to use and take advantage of.

Warning: without Jesus, this child is in serious danger of severe depression or severe anger issues.

This is an interesting story, because I remember watching one of the many talk shows where they use DNA to determine the father, and I was discussing with my wife what might happen if you have donated to a sperm bank and one of the Mothers finds out your identity.  They could use DNA to prove you are the Father, and then try to force you to pay child support, or at least I brought up the question in theory.  Now we have a case where something close to that occurred. 

One other thing the guy could choose to do is take the child and flee the country.  Since a judge has determined he has parental responsibilities, and is definitely the Father, it would not be considered kidnapping, and nothing could be done unless he returned to this country.  He has a lot of options as to how to deal with this unfortunate situation.  I do feel sorry for the child, but I honestly don't think homosexuals should be raising children in the first place 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1984

Justin makes a good point. Yes, had he gone through a clinic this would not have happened to him. However, this situation highlights the can of worms that has been opened with society's embracing of homosexual relationships - the fate and care of the children.

This is only about gay people in the sense that two of the three participants happen to be gay. Since 40 - 50% of marriages now end in divorce the same "issues" could be applied to straight couples as well. There have been thousands upon thousands of cases where dad can't get his wife pregnant, so he brings a man over and leaves him to spend lone time with his wife. Especially in rural areas with little to no access to fertility clinics, and among the poor. Had the fathers in these cases up and left the "donor" would also be legally liable under the law.

These women did a crappy thing to the guy and I am not defending their behaviour, however this would not have happened if he had followed the law.

Only for those who make other peoples sex lives their business.

The law is stupid and needs reform.  There was an agreement in place between the man and these women.  That should have been the end of it.  This has absolutely nothing to do with staying out of someone's sex life.  This poor guy was deceived into thinking he was doing a good deed and helping someone out, and look where it got him.  He should have known better trying to help lesbians have kids in he first place, and in that sense, it serves him right, but still, the decision by the judge is absurd.  I understand he is appealing, and it is still possible the decision could be overturned.  Another thing he might want to do is get the Kansas legislature to amend the law while the appeal is taking place.  The whole thing is stupid, but as I said before, if this guy has to pay child support, he should make life as miserable for the mother as possible, which is what I would do. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Oh no, my friend.  It's opening said can of worms for society as a whole.  When children are involved it's a problem for ALL of us citizens and the court system.  Think about it.

Sex had nothing to do with what happened in this.

But MG is right, we are dealing with what happens to children and how the courts handle such cases. This does make it a societal problem.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

My original point was meant to be based on the fact, that this would have probably never come to court in the first place if this hadn't been a lesbian couple. If it had been a straight couple, nobody would ever have to know. The male partner would have simply put his name on the birth certificate and that would be the end of it. Paternity tests are not automatic for every child that is born, they only occur when issues arise.

Because lesbian couples are incapable of reproducing, the question of paternity will always be an issue. As if life and the law is not complicated enough already, homosexuals are making it even more complicated. By allowing gays to have children, you are automatically bringing a third person into a relationship instead of just two, so when relationship friction occurs it will sometimes involve more people than a straight relationship would.

No matter what gays say about their rights being the same as everybody elses, they are always going to end up bringing other people into it whether they want to or not, and their lifestyle will never be completely independent as they are incapable of having the same rights as other people without affecting others.

Guest shiloh357

I'm sorry, but I have to side with MrsRational on this.   This guy did something really stupid. The lesbian couple was stupid as well.   I mean usually in a clinic  a donor candidate is tested and checked for pre-disposition for certain kinds of illnesses and disabilities.   They risked the well-being of this child. 

This guy had no legal contract that would have indemified him against .any responsibility for supporting the child.

I don't think this an issue that pertains to homosexuals, per se.  What if it had been a single unmarried woman?   It would be just as immoral.

What these women and this man did is immoral on the grounds that they have a child involved who is probably going to have some emotional issues to grapple with because of this whole mess, when he/she gets older.

I don't care if it was a heterosexual couple involved.  This guy simply gave them a "donation" so the woman could get pregnant, which is exactly what they do at a clinic.  They just did it on their own without doctors.  I would feel the same way about this if it was a male-female couple.  They had an agreement.  This man was not to be involved in the child's life, and he shouldn't have to pay child support.  If he does have to pay it, then he should involve himself in the raising of the child. 

By the letter of Kansas law, the judge may have made the right decision.  I don't know, but if it was the correct decision based on Kansas law, the law needs to be changed.