• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

I have seen what the chaplain's office on my base is passing out. The cover has a military tone to it, but God's Word inside is the same that is printed in any other bible. :wub:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Peacock said:

other than the fact they have a problem with US and British forces killing upwards of 100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians -- mainly women and children -- in the Bush Administration's megalomaniacal Foreverwar Against Evil?)

And where did you get this figure???

Edited by Ovedya

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Be nice. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Peacock said:

other than the fact they have a problem with US and British forces killing upwards of 100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians -- mainly women and children -- in the Bush Administration's megalomaniacal Foreverwar Against Evil?)

And where did you get this figure???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From a report in the Lancet, Britain's leading medical journal.

Some details here.

Edited by amor

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

What is wrong with attacking the current, or any other American administration, or those that hold power in any other part of the world. Afterall those holding political power are often the subject of direct criticism within the Bible, that presumably is the same even in this version with the fancy cover.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the point. The word "attack" is the key here, which means "To set upon with violent force." or "To criticize strongly or in a hostile manner." I do not see any situation where the brethren should "attack" anyone! Violet force? Hostile manner?

Attacking any adminstration or person is never appropriate and will no longer be tolerated on these discussion boards.

Does this explain my post and the position of this discussion board a bit clearer? I pray it has and appreciate your question.

Be Blessed,

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Old testament is full of Prophet's who felt called to "Criticize strongly or in a hostile manner", and Jesus, I think it is fair to say, "set upon" the moneychangers in the Temple with at least a limited degree of "violent force".

However having been the subject of strong and hostile criticism (being accused of being a murderer and other things) by the likes of Yod and Shiloh I must admit it left me with a lower opinion of them than had they stuck to rationally discussing the pertinent issues. Still I don't suppose they will lose much sleep over my thoughts about them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

The Old testament is full of Prophet's who felt called to "Criticize strongly or in a hostile manner", and Jesus, I think it is fair to say, "set upon" the moneychangers in the Temple with at least a limited degree of "violent force".

Brother, they didn't just feel led or called to speak out but the Prophets of old were actually led by the great I AM. They were HIS voice! They would never speak an opinion but only spoke what I AM told them to say. There is a big difference here. I have so often heard those who use the authority of God to back up their opinions, actions, words and so forth yet their FRUIT reflected anger and hatred? That cannot be. A good tree will not bear bad fruit.

However having been the subject of strong and hostile criticism (being accused of being a murderer and other things)... it left me with a lower opinion of them than had they stuck to rationally discussing the pertinent issues.

:24: Exactly the point! Brother James spoke on the issue well. I hesitate to quote a passage of Scripture here (because all should read the entire letter) and although I will, I encourage all to read the entire letter written by James and focus on chapter 3. One point though. You mentioned names, which I edited out in my response to you. Does the mention of their names have value here? Have you gone to them one on one and asked for reconciliation? Just a thought. Pray on it brother.

James 3

and as it has been pointed out, the Lord told them to do this. Their lives were well known by the people they were speaking to so a credibility factor had been established...and they were anointed through local spiritual authorities in most cases. Even Yeshua got baptised.

However having been the subject of strong and hostile criticism (being accused of being a murderer and other things) by the likes of Yod and Shiloh I must admit it left me with a lower opinion of them than had they stuck to rationally discussing the pertinent issues. Still I don't suppose they will lose much sleep over my thoughts about them.

I'm ready to discuss any topic rationally. When you condone the acts of terrorists and murderers you become one of them. Does that shoe fit? If so you are right...I won't lose any sleep. If not, then I will publicly apologize for being wrong about you...but where did I get this notion? I didn't just make it up.

Will you denounce Arafat as the Father of all terrorism and Fatah (his personal guard) as the bloodthirsty murderers that we all know them to be?

When you do so, you will be admitting that the leadership of arabs who call themselves "Palestinians" has never been legitimate and therefore Israel has been fighting a defensive war against criminals...not civilians.

As you well know already....