• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I should have posted a link or two that I perused as well, but I dislike doing that. What is Truth, as Pilate so poignantly asked? Lol

You dislike supporting Assertions?

TRUTH is the WORD of GOD.

(1 Thessalonians 5:21) "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

HE admonishes us to Prove it...in all things.  So there must be a way to find it, correct?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I personally don't care I see another bristle cone pine as long as I live :D

Now that is funny.

Have you ever been to Sequoia National Park?  ....those trees are really quite remarkable. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Is the inerrancy of the bible at stake just because someone differs in their interpretation to your interpretation?   I would honestly say the answer is no, this does not put the inerrancy of the bible at stake. I believe you are sometimes wrong in your interpretation because we are all fallible. I wouldn't feel right to judge you if you get it wrong sometimes.

This is not about "interpretation."  The issue amounts to accepting the Bible's record as true and accurate, or deciding that the Bible got it wrong and that man was NOT created from the dirt, but was the product of evolution.  

Evidently, you don't understand what is really at stake, when it comes to Evolution, vs. the Bible. 

Some see the bible as full of symbols, and yet still accept the literal gospel story that Jesus walked the earth and died for our sins. They tend to see the older bible stories in Genesis as allegorical. Containing truth, yet expressed in a symbolic manner.   I would suggest kind acceptance to those that differ with you, just a suggestion. 

I agree the theory of evolution has contributed towards atheism, but this doesn't mean all evolutionists have a subconscious anti-bible tendency. Some of them love the word of God, they may prefer verses like love your neighbour, be kind to your enemies, don't judge your brother.  You have a better understanding on some issues, its highly likely that your Christian evolutionist brothers have a better understanding on some other issues.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Did a little more digging for info on our favorite tree.  Indeed they reach 5000 years old, not 8200 that I came across in a dated article.  I stand corrected.

I agree the theory of evolution has contributed towards atheism, but this doesn't mean all evolutionists have a subconscious anti-bible tendency.

Some of them love the word of God, they may prefer verses like love your neighbour, be kind to your enemies, don't judge your brother.  

You have a better understanding on some issues, its highly likely that your Christian evolutionist brothers have a better understanding on some other issues.

~

And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.  And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. Matthew 10:12-18

~

Evolution

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Teaches

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Jesus?

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Redemption?

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 1 Peter 1:18-20

And Hell?

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

Wow~! You've Come A Long Way Baby :)

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:1-4

Did a little more digging for info on our favorite tree.  Indeed they reach 5000 years old, nt 8200 that I came across in a dated article.  I stand corrected.

I still find it unlikely that the oldest trees come from the less nourished harshest conditions. Thats just counter-intuitive. Maybe we should starve and suffocate so we can have longer lives ? hahaha    :)  

(ps they have multiple annual rings unlike their bristlecone pine neighbours further down the slope. This is due to the fact that this is one of the harshest climates on earth, and the periods between rainfalls are so dry , the moisture content in the soil goes below wilting co-efficient. Growth stops completely until the next rainfall)

Which tree were you referring to? Yes with bristle cones multiple annual growth rings are not common from what I've read.

Which tree were you referring to? Yes with bristle cones multiple annual growth rings are not common from what I've read.

I'm referring to the oldest bristlecone pine trees that are situated on the upper slopes of the White Mountains. Sorry if I'm talking about the wrong tree, I just jumped into the conversation.

I've seen them in Colorado. They are humble yet magnificent

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

shiloh- you've stated this before and at this point is kind of meaningless rhetoric to me. You can accuse me of smorgasbord reasoning all day but you have yet to convince me that I am in error that way.

Looking- I should check out the Collins book.

So you do think it is up to man to decide which parts of the Bible are true and which parts are expendable? 

No. The truth is what it is, regardless of what we think or how in error we are.

1 cor 13:9, 10 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

Well let's test that claim.   Do you believe that man was created from the dirt separate from the rest of the created order, as the Bible says, or do you believe that man evolved from an ape-like ancestor that we alledgedly have in common with chimps?

The truth of the situation is what it is, regardless of what you or I think about it. Your question doesn't relate to my claim at all.