• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

How many times do we have to eviscerate the evolution fairytale for you?

Once would suffice.

1000th you meant to say. 

And you still won't answer the question.  How about this one.....Please define Obtuse?

Alright I'm bored,

Please define evolution...and don't spare any details.

Then Go ahead and post your very best evolutionary Proof and please explain why darwinian evolution didn't vapor lock in 1972 with the (the first) "Ad Hoc'  Hypothesis Savior punctuated equilibrium?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Then Go ahead and post your very best evolutionary Proof and please explain why darwinian evolution didn't vapor lock in 1972 with the (the first) "Ad Hoc'  Hypothesis Savior punctuated equilibrium?

I would refer you to Richard Dawkins book The Greatest Show on Earth.  It is written in a very understandable way.  You could also refer to Biology texts.  Debating a creationist on science is like nailing jello to the wall, so I will leave the time and research to you.  Wouldn't want to bore you any more than I have.

I would refer you to Richard Dawkins book The Greatest Show on Earth.  It is written in a very understandable way.  You could also refer to Biology texts.  Debating a creationist on science is like nailing jello to the wall, so I will leave the time and research to you.  Wouldn't want to bore you any more than I have.

==============================================================================================

Yes, that's what I thought.  Make a claim, you disappointed me with no "Mountains of Evidence", then refer me to a Book. :huh:

Did you see the counter to that Book...."The Greatest Hoax on Earth" by Jonathin Sarfati PhD Chemist.  He plays Chess against 15-20 people @ a time blindfolded just for Kix.  Sarfati has been requesting to debate him for years but Dick's Mom won't let him out to play.  My 10 year Old Daughter would annihilate Dawkin's with simple logic.

You could also refer to Biology texts.

:24: :24:

Biochemistry is more my game...care to play?  Please bore me.

Start here, with some basics:

H2NCHRCOOH +H2NCHR′COOH -----> H2NCHRCONHCHR′COOH + H2O 

What Type/Name of Reaction is this? 

This reaction can go the other way  <------ also; in fact it likes too.  What Type/Name of Reaction is that?

This reaction (Towards the Right) is very important to your thesis, by the way  ;)

Debating a creationist on science is like nailing jello to the wall,

Well I'm a Creationist.  Are you trying to insult me?  Have you read the ToS?...it's on this page up on the right just above "Follow this topic" and just to the immediate left of "View New Topic"... go ahead a Double click on that.

Would that be Old Jello, by chance?  In a Box?  Frozen Jello?  Liquid Jello?

May I quote from a Forum Moderator....

"A sign of having no defense is personal attacks, which is why it is against the ToS.  Either show the error you see, or be silent.  Do not attack people personally"

OneLight

I didn't even attempt refute an Argument yet (Because there wasn't any) and you already started with an attack.

on science

Science, eh?  Can you explain this conundrum to me....

Science = Naturalistic Explanations of Knowledge only.  :huh:

The Irony turns into a Full Blown Contradiction, How?  Well "Naturalistic" explanations are Material....and Knowledge is SUPERNATURAL.  You can't put Information >>>>> Knowledge >>>>>> or TRUTH in a Jar and Paint it RED. .......

It's tantamount to trying to discover what we breathe...... but, "a priori" excluding AIR from the choices....and breathing it all while refusing to acknowledge its Existence!!!!!

In other words....How do you attain knowledge (Supernatural) "Product"........... from only ("Naturalistic") Material Processes "Factors"??

Is it:

A. Naturalistic x Naturalistic  = Supernatural

B. Naturalistic2 + Naturalistic2 = Supernatural2

C. Naturalistic - Naturalistic  = Supernatural

Or is it Long Division/Other??

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Good questions...and yes I completely see your confusion.

One of the helpful things about this site is it helps one clarify one's one thoughts, or rather one's one arguments.

I sided with the OEC at first (and still do, but not as passionately as they) but then realized that I didn't like much of their exegesis (i.e. day age and especially gap).  I side with the OEC because I find it hard to believe that the majority of scientific claims are a) absolute hog-wash or b) conspired to undermine Scripture. But that stance is based on science--granted, THEIR science.  One of the things you have helped me understand is the difference between scientific evidence and claims, and claims made by scientists.   IF it helps, I am an oec (lower case significant); if the consensus of the scientists shifts to a younger earth, I will be a yec (lower case significant).  I am not a scientist: nor can I fly a plane.  Is it possible that the next flight I take is piloted by a mad-man?  Perhaps, common sense tells me to take my seat all the same.  I feel the same way with the sciences.

I attack the YEC interpretation because I think it is also bad exegesis; in doing so I imagine I will sound like a Day/Ager, for the arguments against YEC are pretty much the same, though my conclusion is not.  In other words, it seems nonsensical to me that plants should spring up within 24 hours without sunlight; and this certainly does sound like a DAY/AGE argument; as if I were to conclude that that DAY was REALLY more than a day allowing plants more time to grow.  But I don't make that maneuver.  There are other options than a) the Bible teaches YEC b)the Bible teaches OEC.  There is mine: c) the Bible doesn't teach either.

i defend the sciences because I know at least a few who are honest Christians.  They are OEC's because their own field has led them to believe that; my own field has led me to let them do their job.  I also see some inconsistency among YEC's in their attitude towards science--one moment I am to be suspicious of their every move; the next, I am given link after link showing scientific evidence that the earth is young.

I do, however, believe that science can fine-tune our reading of Scripture: I do not think that God's creation is fundamentally at odds with Scripture.  However, whatever effect the OE claims had on my initial reading of Genesis (a long time ago I was probably a Day/Ager; but I don't remember) once I started studying seriously the language of the text and the culture of the time, I came to the conclusion that Genesis does not teach other.

"Again, there is the question of genre. The flood narrative in Genesis bears too many similarities to other flood myths. The theological differences are deafening. Ancient flood myths have been taken over by God and reshaped for theological purposes."

Are you saying GOD has taken over all the Ancient Flood Myths?  If so,.................WHAT????

Now, a historical question:  if by all the flood myths you mean that a collection of clay tablets containing all the flood narratives from the Native Americans to the Indonesians were put in front of Moses, and God began to combine and edit them for him; then of course not.  We are dealing with an ancient culture which depended on oral tradition: traditions the ancient Hebrews would have known.  The important Sumerian flood narrative is the Gilgamesh Epic.  The coincidences are too striking to assume that the author of Genesis did not know about it or something like it before it reached its now permanent form (and obviously the AUTHOR of Genesis knew about it).  But the differences are just as striking: especially the contrast in characters between YHWH and the gods, and Noah and Gilgamesh.  This does not mean that NOah's flood is dependent on other narratives (but what would it matter theologically if it were?).  We could easily have something like a shared mythology which bloomed in different ways for different cultures.  But I suspect that when God wrote the tale of Noah (through whomever, Moses?) he was challenging certain assumptions which were certainly held by the majority of the ANE and probably still lurked in the minds of his people, the Hebrews.  They had been living in pagan lands for hundreds of years.  The speed and alacrity with which they worshiped calf indicates that they were pretty much pagans and didn't quite understand the grand operation that GOD was carrying out with them--monotheism.  Genesis (both creation and flood) challenges those assumptions exquisitely.

clb

===========================================================================================

ahhh, OK; I see.  a couple things....

i defend the sciences because I know at least a few who are honest Christians.

I'm an Honest Christian and have a Heavy "Science" background. 

They are OEC's because their own field has led them to believe that

I think we've put the Death Knell in all "claims that scientists make" concerning the "Age" thingy on this board to the Guillotine..... quite demonstrably.

I also see some inconsistency among YEC's in their attitude towards science--one moment I am to be suspicious of their every move; the next, I am given link after link showing scientific evidence that the earth is young.

A couple things.  I Love science....Real "Science" and I evaluate each "claim" individually on it's own merit.  And when you say "YEC" it implies a stereotype...are you trying to put me in some kind of a Box?  And who cares what anybody says whatever their Lot in Life.....I do not Shut my eyes to it, I take these very seriously....

(Proverbs 18:13) "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."

(1 Thessalonians 5:21) "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

Not all "Science" is built the same....be careful not to equivocate.

[qoute]Now concerning the Flood,  Have you ever considered this scenario..............

All Flood Stories are derivative of GOD'S FLOOD (Noah).  The reason they're similar in some aspects but somewhat different in others is that ALL The people who knew the same story were SCATTERED @ the Tower of Babel.  Down through the Centuries the stories were told from Generation to Generation.  They will obviously get sidetracked per each individual "Culture".

How about that?

Now concerning the Flood,  Have you ever considered this scenario..............

All Flood Stories are derivative of GOD'S FLOOD (Noah).  The reason they're similar in some aspects but somewhat different in others is that ALL The people who knew the same story were SCATTERED @ the Tower of Babel.  Down through the Centuries the stories were told from Generation to Generation.  They will obviously get sidetracked per each individual "Culture".

How about that?

Prove it.

Edited by ConnorLiamBrown

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Well I'm a Creationist.  Are you trying to insult me?  Have you read the ToS?...it's on this page up on the right just above "Follow this topic" and just to the immediate left of "View New Topic"... go ahead a Double click on that.

"A sign of having no defense is personal attacks, which is why it is against the ToS.  Either show the error you see, or be silent.  Do not attack people personally"

OneLight

You mean like your quote earlier about "It's like a never ending Abbot and Costello skit."  Please put forward a scientific argument of creation that points to God, without attacking evolution or Old Earth.  You haven't and cannot do it.  If you or anyone could, you would turn the science community on its ear.  

OneLight

You mean like your quote earlier about "It's like a never ending Abbot and Costello skit."  Please put forward a scientific argument of creation that points to God, without attacking evolution or Old Earth.  You haven't and cannot do it.  If you or anyone could, you would turn the science community on its ear.  

=============================================================================================

You mean like your quote earlier about "It's like a never ending Abbot and Costello skit."

So that general statement of the actual tail chasing that we have embarked on is equivalent to "Debating a creationist on science is like nailing jello to the wall"?? Interesting.

Please put forward a scientific argument of creation that points to God, without attacking evolution or Old Earth.

Can you give me a "scientific" argument for Old-Earth and evolution??  :mgdetective:

Again.....

There are only 2 choices as to HOW we are here: Random Chance "nature" or Intelligent Design "GOD".  If you ascribe sentience and intelligence to the Universe and "nature" is your choice, then you have three minor hurdles to negotiate; namely,  Abiogenesis, the 1st/2nd Laws of Thermodynamics(1LOT/2LOT) "Pillars of Science", and Information.  Allow me to explain....

1.  Abiogenesis, the cornerstone/foundation of LIFE, is IMPOSSIBLE by any "natural" process... denoted via 1LOT/2LOT, the Laws of Chemistry/Biochemistry, Laws of Information and Specific Complexity.  SEE: Law of Biogenesis

2. 1st Law of Thermodynamics (1LOT "Pillar of Science"): The total amount of mass-energy in the universe is constant.

2nd Law of Thermodynamics (2LOT "Pillar of Science"): The amount of energy available for work is running out,  and the Universe is moving inexorably to "Maximum Entropy" or Heat Death.

If the total amount of mass-energy is constant, and the amount of usable energy is decreasing, then the universe cannot have existed forever, otherwise it would already have exhausted all usable energy—the ‘heat death’ of the universe.

You have only three options:

1. The Universe has always existed (in violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics);

2. The Universe created itself (in violation of the First Law of Thermodynamics); or

3. The Universe was Created by GOD.

3.  Information (DNA):  Since Matter (atoms/molecules) carry no Information intrinsically, You have to be able to explain "How Stupid Atoms Wrote Their Own Software?"

So this isn't a case where we "don't have the answers yet" we do and in "natures" case these barriers are clearly insurmountable.

DNA is a 4-bit self replicating, error correcting/modifying Encrypted Code.  It's "Specific Complexity" is unrivaled in the known Universe.....

“DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created.”

Bill Gates, The Road Ahead

‘We now know that the secret of life lies not with the chemical ingredients as such, but with the logical structure and organisational arrangement of the molecules. … Like a supercomputer, life is an information processing system. … It is the software of the living cell that is the real mystery, not the hardware.’ But where did it come from?  ‘How did stupid atoms spontaneously write their own software? … Nobody knows … ’.

Davies, P., Life force, New Scientist 163(2204):27–30, 18 September 1999.

CODE only comes from Intelligence.  Also, Information is Mass-less (atoms/molecules carry no information intrinsically)....

That also means that Information/Software (The Real You) being Mass-less is also TIMELESS or Eternal.  :o Now that's profound!!

"The meaning of the message will not be found in the physics and chemistry of the paper and ink" -Roger Sperry (neurobiologist and Nobel laureate)

Saying well, Atoms/Molecules created life or the Information/Software... would be Tantamount to ascribing authorship of War and Peace to Ink Molecules!

4.  Well taking our thesis with 1LOT....the GOD who created 1LOT must be outside of Time and not bound by it's Laws: Holy Scripture confirms this....

(Isaiah 57:15) "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy;..."

Eternity is not someplace with Lots of Time....it's the absence of Time.

(Isaiah 46:10) "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

(2 Peter 3:8) "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

This IMHO is a Rhetorical Device (Metaphors, Similes, Idioms, Types, Allegories) of which there are over 200 styles in the Holy Bible.  I see people quote the first half of this verse and arrive @ a Literal conclusion (a Day = a Thousand Years).  Taking the Whole Verse...this clearly is conveying HIS TIMELESSNESS.

So if he is outside of time and able to declare "End from the Beginning", can we test this Empirically?.... Yes; PROPHECY.  And ALL must be 100% accurate without failure.  By a conservative count there are over 1800 Specific Prophecies in the Holy Bible.  85% of them have come to pass with 100% accuracy without Failure.  The last 15% or so are yet future....Revelation.  There are Prophecies throughout Scripture but the mother-load IMHO are in the Book Of Daniel.  Among 100's detailing (Babylon, Medo-Persia: Cyrus The Great, Greece: Alexander the Great and his 4 Generals, and Romans) He details approx 300 years of secular history beforehand between the Ptolemaic and Seleucid Empires. The most Breath Taking of all Prophecies IMHO Daniel 9:25....The Angel Gabriel foretells...to the the EXACT DAY, 500 years beforehand, of Christ's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem.

Good?

Jerry, it's TIME to face this head on.  For you don't know when you'll take your Last Breath.  HE'S Calling You!!!  For even the very hairs on your head are all numbered!!!!  Do you think we are talking here by Random Chance?? :D

Humble Yourself Before HIM and He will lift you up!!

(John 14:6) "Jesus saith unto him,  I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

(Revelation 21:6) "And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

AMEN, PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Can you give me a "scientific" argument for Old-Earth and evolution??  :mgdetective:

Again.....

There are only 2 choices as to HOW we are here: Random Chance "nature" or Intelligent Design "GOD".  If you ascribe sentience and intelligence to the Universe and "nature" is your choice, then you have three minor hurdles to negotiate; namely,  Abiogenesis, the 1st/2nd Laws of Thermodynamics(1LOT/2LOT) "Pillars of Science", and Information.  Allow me to explain....

1.  Abiogenesis, the cornerstone/foundation of LIFE, is IMPOSSIBLE by any "natural" process... denoted via 1LOT/2LOT, the Laws of Chemistry/Biochemistry, Laws of Information and Specific Complexity.  SEE: Law of Biogenesis

2. 1st Law of Thermodynamics (1LOT "Pillar of Science"): The total amount of mass-energy in the universe is constant.

2nd Law of Thermodynamics (2LOT "Pillar of Science"): The amount of energy available for work is running out,  and the Universe is moving inexorably to "Maximum Entropy" or Heat Death.

If the total amount of mass-energy is constant, and the amount of usable energy is decreasing, then the universe cannot have existed forever, otherwise it would already have exhausted all usable energy—the ‘heat death’ of the universe.

You have only three options:

1. The Universe has always existed (in violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics);

2. The Universe created itself (in violation of the First Law of Thermodynamics); or

3. The Universe was Created by GOD.

3.  Information (DNA):  Since Matter (atoms/molecules) carry no Information intrinsically, You have to be able to explain "How Stupid Atoms Wrote Their Own Software?"

So this isn't a case where we "don't have the answers yet" we do and in "natures" case these barriers are clearly insurmountable.

DNA is a 4-bit self replicating, error correcting/modifying Encrypted Code.  It's "Specific Complexity" is unrivaled in the known Universe.....

“DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created.”

Bill Gates, The Road Ahead

‘We now know that the secret of life lies not with the chemical ingredients as such, but with the logical structure and organisational arrangement of the molecules. … Like a supercomputer, life is an information processing system. … It is the software of the living cell that is the real mystery, not the hardware.’ But where did it come from?  ‘How did stupid atoms spontaneously write their own software? … Nobody knows … ’.

Davies, P., Life force, New Scientist 163(2204):27–30, 18 September 1999.

CODE only comes from Intelligence.  Also, Information is Mass-less (atoms/molecules carry no information intrinsically)....

That also means that Information/Software (The Real You) being Mass-less is also TIMELESS or Eternal.  :o Now that's profound!!

"The meaning of the message will not be found in the physics and chemistry of the paper and ink" -Roger Sperry (neurobiologist and Nobel laureate)

Saying well, Atoms/Molecules created life or the Information/Software... would be Tantamount to ascribing authorship of War and Peace to Ink Molecules!

4.  Well taking our thesis with 1LOT....the GOD who created 1LOT must be outside of Time and not bound by it's Laws: Holy Scripture confirms this....

(Isaiah 57:15) "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy;..."

Eternity is not someplace with Lots of Time....it's the absence of Time.

(Isaiah 46:10) "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

(2 Peter 3:8) "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

This IMHO is a Rhetorical Device (Metaphors, Similes, Idioms, Types, Allegories) of which there are over 200 styles in the Holy Bible.  I see people quote the first half of this verse and arrive @ a Literal conclusion (a Day = a Thousand Years).  Taking the Whole Verse...this clearly is conveying HIS TIMELESSNESS.

So if he is outside of time and able to declare "End from the Beginning", can we test this Empirically?.... Yes; PROPHECY.  And ALL must be 100% accurate without failure.  By a conservative count there are over 1800 Specific Prophecies in the Holy Bible.  85% of them have come to pass with 100% accuracy without Failure.  The last 15% or so are yet future....Revelation.  There are Prophecies throughout Scripture but the mother-load IMHO are in the Book Of Daniel.  Among 100's detailing (Babylon, Medo-Persia: Cyrus The Great, Greece: Alexander the Great and his 4 Generals, and Romans) He details approx 300 years of secular history beforehand between the Ptolemaic and Seleucid Empires. The most Breath Taking of all Prophecies IMHO Daniel 9:25....The Angel Gabriel foretells...to the the EXACT DAY, 500 years beforehand, of Christ's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem.

Good?

Jerry, it's TIME to face this head on.  For you don't know when you'll take your Last Breath.  HE'S Calling You!!!  For even the very hairs on your head are all numbered!!!!  Do you think we are talking here by Random Chance?? :D

Humble Yourself Before HIM and He will lift you up!!

(John 14:6) "Jesus saith unto him,  I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

(Revelation 21:6) "And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

AMEN, PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Well said, Enoch. I think that the world view of non-believers immediately starts them off on the wrong foot with the premise that "nothing," and its two attributes random-chance and time, created a big bang that led to an intricately designed and precisely balanced universe; and that random-chance and time then made the universe so finely tuned that nature was able to break the law of nature that states living organisms can originate only from other living organisms (law of biogenesis). But since the laws of nature are the laws of physics, and since nature isn't a lawbreaker, life therefore coming from non-life is an impossibility. However, since atheists' presuppose that God does not exist, they seem to have blinding faith in that whatever created the universe, the world, and them, it wasn't God. They automatically have turned off their natural desire to comprehend the deep things of God; in other words, they seem to be viewing creation with a self-inflicted, spiritual blind spot to the reality of their Creator.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Science doesn't need to be made religious. I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang. While yes with the Big Bang we weren't around to see it, that is the most accurate theory that scientists have put forth. And who knows? God could have created the universe with a Big Bang. It is quite possible that He did.

I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang.

Go ahead and start a new topic with "Evolution and Big Bang, Fact"....see what kind of response you get.

As I have been saying, you can be a Christian and believe that evolution is fact. Just because the Bible doesn't specifically mention it, does not make it false. Besides, how do we have new viruses? They evolve to combat our antibiotics.

Guest shiloh357

Science doesn't need to be made religious. I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang. While yes with the Big Bang we weren't around to see it, that is the most accurate theory that scientists have put forth. And who knows? God could have created the universe with a Big Bang. It is quite possible that He did.

I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang.

Go ahead and start a new topic with "Evolution and Big Bang, Fact"....see what kind of response you get.

As I have been saying, you can be a Christian and believe that evolution is fact. Just because the Bible doesn't specifically mention it, does not make it false. Besides, how do we have new viruses? They evolve to combat our antibiotics.

That's not evolution.  That is simply adaptation.   Evolution is not fact.  Evolution is an untested hypthesis.  That is all it is.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

That's not evolution.  That is simply adaptation.   Evolution is not fact.  Evolution is an untested hypthesis.  That is all it is.

May i point you in the direction of Darwin's Finches? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin's_finches

I believe as a Christian, I while not only be searching for the Truth that is God, but also be searching for the truth of how our world works and how He made our world. And I do believe that evolution was apart of it.