• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Ok, well.... we've never talked before as far as I'm aware., and then you post this.....

"The Bible was written, inspired by God, to REVEAL, not conceal.  The idea that God set up Scripture so that we would have to hunt and peck and figure out mysterious codes is ludicrous.  And the familiar cycle continues; some can't take it when others don't buy their ideas or theories.  We should be able to get beyond that.  Don't we all serve the same God?"

So, I posted the OP.  You said my concept was Ludicrous (without any support I might add). Some can't take it when they don't buy their ideas/theories....I POSTED THE OP and was defending it.

Are you saying that it was "baffling to you" why I personalized this message?   Is it clear now?

Just a suggestion....when you have the Urge to post a "Generalization" Unbeknownst to the board, it would probably be a good idea to make sure those "Generalizations" are "Generalized"

Just my take

Duly noted but I doubt  I would do that.  I really didn't pay any attention to the identity of the OP.  I was, more or less, talking about how the wrangling and insulting comments occur on EVERY thread where someone makes a point he/she is convinced is right then comes the major disagreement from one or more posters; at that point many members (sometimes even me) get angry and start throwing the verbal grenades.  When you've been posting here as long as I have.....you'll know what I mean.

Ok....just a misunderstanding.

Thank You

In Jerusalem in Hotels and other such establishments they have Sabbath Elevators alongside Regular Elevators.  That is, these elevators stop on each and every floor in both directions.  Why?  So if you're observing the Sabbath, you don't have to "push the Button"...... whereby; compromising your position of "no work".

We are speaking of ancient Jews, not those alive today.  The Old Testament has literally 1000s of examples of the Jews not following the intent of the law let alone the letter of the law.

Actually, LFA, what you presented was not a valid argument. Yes, they disobeyed and rebelled many times, but so does everyone - including us. (Disobedience and doubt are not Jewish-exclusive.)

And while they disobeyed and rebelled many times, it was not every time. If they screwed up with this one, it would have been mentioned.

Concerning Compliance, it was mentioned....

(Numbers 2:34) "And the children of Israel did according to all that the LORD commanded Moses: so they pitched by their standards, and so they set forward, every one after their families, according to the house of their fathers."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

In Jerusalem in Hotels and other such establishments they have Sabbath Elevators alongside Regular Elevators.  That is, these elevators stop on each and every floor in both directions.  Why?  So if you're observing the Sabbath, you don't have to "push the Button"...... whereby; compromising your position of "no work".

We are speaking of ancient Jews, not those alive today.  The Old Testament has literally 1000s of examples of the Jews not following the intent of the law let alone the letter of the law.

Actually, LFA, what you presented was not a valid argument. Yes, they disobeyed and rebelled many times, but so does everyone - including us. (Disobedience and doubt are not Jewish-exclusive.)

And while they disobeyed and rebelled many times, it was not every time. If they screwed up with this one, it would have been mentioned.

(Numbers 2:34) "And the children of Israel did according to all that the LORD commanded Moses: so they pitched by their standards, and so they set forward, every one after their families, according to the house of their fathers."

Very interesting the elevator.  It seems humorous of course to a non-Jewish person.  One thing I think we must remember in interacting with such persons is that their religion is more based on the Talmud than on the OT.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I will work on a picture, but the site will not allow me to upload my own jpeg so I am not sure how to do it. 

Do you have an on-line photo account?

I will work on a picture, but the site will not allow me to upload my own jpeg so I am not sure how to do it. 

Yes.....Just sign up for a Photobucket Account (it's Free and takes about 10 seconds) then click and drag photos into that account.  Right Click on the Photo..."Copy Image Location".  Click "image" icon in the edit tool Bar here on Worthy and Paste the Link.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

temple_zpscebca955.gif

Edited by LookingForAnswers

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Will that suffice?   Look a tad different than what E2021 posted.  This is to scale based off my math from the previous page.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Great job LFA!

OK, my perception is that there is a "cross" formation, but not exactly what a Roman execution cross would look like.

In this regard, both sides to the argument have grounds for validity.

One side can argue that the cross formation applies even though it is not to-scale to a real cross. The other side can argue that it needs to be to-scale (like the original diagram in question) shows) in order to be a valid symbol.

Take your pick?

Great job LFA!

OK, my perception is that there is a "cross" formation, but not exactly what a Roman execution cross would look like.

what would a Roman crucifixion cross look like?  Do you have some ancient source written before AD 200 ?

Very interesting the elevator.  It seems humorous of course to a non-Jewish person.  One thing I think we must remember in interacting with such persons is that their religion is more based on the Talmud than on the OT.

As to the elevator, do they play music in it,

like the Grand Old Duke of York?