Edify

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Heard John Hagee preach that "anyone who smokes has a demon in them". Really; what biblical criteria supports that notion especially coming from a man who is clearly overweight (most might say obese)? Yet Hagee doesn't say he has a demon in him, making him fat. However, the bible does say 'it's not what goes into your mouth which makes you unclean but rather it's what comes out of your mouth'.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

No smokers do not have a demon.Anymore than someone who drinks coffee has a demon in them.I do not take too seriously what John Hagee has to say.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

what a drag :)

Heard John Hagee preach that "anyone who smokes has a demon in them".

Really; what biblical criteria supports that notion especially coming from a man who is clearly overweight (most might say obese)?

Yet Hagee doesn't say he has a demon in him, making him fat.

However, the bible does say 'it's not what goes into your mouth which makes you unclean but rather it's what comes out of your mouth'.

~

Master

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Luke 6:41-45

Talk

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

~

:24: :24: :24:

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Psalms 17:22

No smokers do not have a demon.Anymore than someone who drinks coffee has a demon in them.I do not take too seriously what John Hagee has to say.

Yes, I think many, if not most, TV evangelists have inadvertently exalted themselves and have become their own stumbling block.  If true, they are sending mixed messages and falsehoods to both believers and non-believers which is not a good thing?  Take Joseph Prince, for example, whom I think is blessed with brilliance helping believers understand the differences from being under the Law (Old Testament) and in Christ (New Testament). Yet he also preaches that water baptism means that all yours sins are forgiven; past, present and future which I believe may not be correct? Otherwise, a Christian could commit every sin including murder in the "future" but those sins are forgiven? I don't think so? Bottom line, 'TV evangelism' has perhaps gone way over the top and is out of control?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

:happyhappy:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, I think many, if not most, TV evangelists have inadvertently exalted themselves and have become their own stumbling block.  If true, they are sending mixed messages and falsehoods to both believers and non-believers which is not a good thing?  Take Joseph Prince, for example, whom I think is blessed with brilliance helping believers understand the differences from being under the Law (Old Testament) and in Christ (New Testament). Yet he also preaches that water baptism means that all yours sins are forgiven; past, present and future which I believe may not be correct? Otherwise, a Christian could commit every sin including murder in the "future" but those sins are forgiven? I don't think so? Bottom line, 'TV evangelism' has perhaps gone way over the top and is out of control?

Smoking is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but the real sin in anything like this is in overindulgence and habitual practice. Addiction is certainly not a good thing, and it would not be surprising if there were some demonic influence in some of the addiction problems people have. It seems very easy, however, for some preachers to find demons in nearly everything! Demons are real and a serious subject, and the worst thing about such statements is that it causes people to either fear what is not there, or to ridicule Christians as a whole because of the lack of wisdom of a few. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone!

EndSeeker...Good one,love the pun?Am I the only one that got it,c'mon guys,,,that was funny-lol!

Anyway,Welcome to Worthy Edify & Praise & Glory to God...........it is very unfortunate in the way pastor Hagee has this very opinionated style of preaching......but I do not think it justifies anyone calling him "fat" even though it may seem the pot calling the kettle black,we are still accountable for our own actions & every word that proceeds from our mouth,,,,,

WE know,because Gods Word tells us"that there is sin in us(in our flesh)a sinful nature & there are many converts that will carry with them a flesh that is bound even though their spirit is free indeed,,,,there must be a transformation ,a renewing of the mind in order to be released physically from a sinful nature....is this demonic?Well,yes,,,,it is a demonic oppression,a spirit of addiction that still has its strong hold...........Jesus can & will deliver any Born again Christian that asks Him to & is ready to surrender to His Lordship...........A Christian smoker does not have to listen to the father of lies & must learn that if he resists the devil,he will flee    

Hagee is half right but I do think he can add much confusion to the mind of a new convert......so,we need to pray for pastor hagee ,may he receive Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of the Holy spirit & give Glory to God

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Everyone!

EndSeeker...Good one,love the pun?Am I the only one that got it,c'mon guys,,,that was funny-lol!

Anyway,Welcome to Worthy Edify & Praise & Glory to God...........it is very unfortunate in the way pastor Hagee has this very opinionated style of preaching......but I do not think it justifies anyone calling him "fat" even though it may seem the pot calling the kettle black,we are still accountable for our own actions & every word that proceeds from our mouth,,,,,

WE know,because Gods Word tells us"that there is sin in us(in our flesh)a sinful nature & there are many converts that will carry with them a flesh that is bound even though their spirit is free indeed,,,,there must be a transformation ,a renewing of the mind in order to be released physically from a sinful nature....is this demonic?Well,yes,,,,it is a demonic oppression,a spirit of addiction that still has its strong hold...........Jesus can & will deliver any Born again Christian that asks Him to & is ready to surrender to His Lordship...........A Christian smoker does not have to listen to the father of lies & must learn that if he resists the devil,he will flee    

Hagee is half right but I do think he can add much confusion to the mind of a new convert......so,we need to pray for pastor hagee ,may he receive Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of the Holy spirit & give Glory to God

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Respectfully, Hagee is "the pot calling the kettle black"; not me.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; then it's a duck.  Stating the obvious that Hagee is overweight, is not disrespectful.  It's just a fact; not a judgment but one obvious way of demonstrating that he has no justification calling a smoker demon-possessed, any more than a Christian has the justification calling a fat person demon-possessed and it was doesn't mean we love him less as a brother either and of course we may pray for him or anyone.  However, if it makes you feel better, we can certainly say Hagee is quit slim compared to Sumo wrestlers. "C'mon guys,,,that was funny-lol!"  Except I'm not here for "funny" or puns.  I take God most seriously and only the Lord knows whether Hagee is doing more good or harm.  Blessings.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

Smoking is likely an unwise and unhealthy practice, but the real sin in anything like this is in overindulgence and habitual practice. Addiction is certainly not a good thing, and it would not be surprising if there were some demonic influence in some of the addiction problems people have. It seems very easy, however, for some preachers to find demons in nearly everything! Demons are real and a serious subject, and the worst thing about such statements is that it causes people to either fear what is not there, or to ridicule Christians as a whole because of the lack of wisdom of a few. 

This. I agree.

I do believe there is a lot of demonic influence when it comes to sexual addictions. But addictions such as smoking, drinking coffee (I'm guilty!), gluttony, drinking, ect...no. Sinful? Like ajchurney said, in overindulgence...yes.