• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1989

Hey all, I've been suffering from depression lately. And I know it's depression because being sad is just for maybe 3 days of being sad at the least, but this has been going on for 2 weeks straight and got worse last night. My dad has been treating me like garbage for the past two weeks. I feel rejected and really unloved. I did my daily devotionals this morning. I haven't been doing them since I started going back to church. My dad finally bought me the Bible he promised me for my birthday (two months ago!) after bugging him for it. I finally started my Daily Devos because now, at the back of my bible is an index that really helps a lot. I did my devos in this order (not like it really matters): Rejection, Anorexia, Depression. It was office hours today so we had a couple of hours before school started and I decided that would be a good time. I know all the verses and stuff for Rejection, Anorexia and Depression since I looked it up this morning. I read all the symptoms of Depression, I have 7 of 8 symptoms. I haven't been eating a lot because my dad always calls me fat, I've been worrying my friends and forcing myself to eat. I don't know what to do, the verses aren't really opening my mind very much, this is the second time that I would be suffering with this problem, only once with the "eating disorder".

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Zoe thinking and praying for you

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

Guest Barbara2984

Zoe, don't even start down the road of an eating disorder. I have been there and it, it is so hard to get back where you were if you go down that road. Trust me sweetie, I would not wish this upon my worst e :wub: nemy. The pain, hurt and lonliness. You are special in God's eyes, he created you for a wonderful purpose. If you need to talk to someone, please please pm me. God bless you, Barbara

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Barbara, well said. I, too, suffered with an eating disorder for 12 years. There is no way to describe the torment and suffering. Zoe, she's right - don't start down that road. For many, it ends in death. Health problems abound in those who live through it.

Guest Getting_Real

Hey Zoe

So sorry to hear of what you're going through. The others are right - do your absolute best not to get caught up in the eating disorder - find someone to be accountable with or talk through why you're heading in that direction, if need be.

Just don't give yourself an extra millstone to drag you down.

Please know that God cries with you when you're hurt by your dad's comments. He is not pleased by them, because he made you - how dare someone criticise someone that He poured so much of Himself into creating. God made an important duty for fathers - to show their daughters that they are beautiful and loveable - to represent God's view of their daughters, to their daughters.

You're father is failing in this, so it seems, but that is not your fault. It is NEVER your fault. God made you a creature of wonder and beauty, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes when people treat you so badly.

Please, try to keep your chin up. Things don't stay the same for ever. Just try not to add to your own troubles with an eating disorder.

Do you have someone you can talk to and pray with? I think this is important, and it needs to be someone you can share deeply with. They don't have to be your own age, in fact I think it's maybe more helpful to have someone in this role that is considerably older. My own mentor is over 20 years older than I am.

God Bless

GR :wub:

• Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/28/1989

I'm starting to eat a little more than I usually do. And he isn't my real dad, he's my adopted dad. So he had no part in creating me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey, Zoe!

Having suffered depression myself, I just want to encourage you not to becoem discouraged just because you aren't getting any "quick fixes" from your devotions. Depression is a stronghold that is built upon pain. Release from depression involves both the tearing apart of the stronghold and ministering to the pain.

I can make some guesses as to where the pain is coming from, based on what you revealed here, but I don't know the whole story. Getting_Real is right though, biological father or not, when your father, or father-figure, isn't providing you with feeling unconditionally loved, accepted, beautiful, of worth, etc., you feel dejected and rejected and tend to view God in a negative light.

I know I always thought of God as holding a sledge hammer just waiting to whack me over the head everytime I did something wrong - my father showed no mercy when it came to mistakes. Thus, I feared.

I am sure there is more to your story, as there is/was with mine. The point is there are lots of roots needing to be dug out, bleeding that needs to be stopped, love that needs to be instilled, lies that need to be dispelled. It may take time and work, but if you can at least see the problem for what it is, that is the crucial first step.

May the grace and love of the Lord be upon you!

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

i don't if this makes it worse Zoe I am bulemic

• 2 weeks later...

zoe, You are a wonderful person. I know this because of a reply youve sent to me. I grew up with out my fatherand I often became deppressed because of it. I felt like I wasn't worthy or good enough to have a father to love me. Until I met God. When I would start to feel deppressed God would remind me that I have a father. Him. He is your father and thinks you are beautiful,caring,and a wonderful person. When you begin to feel depressed just remember that your real father is in heaven and he loves you unconditionally and he would never call you names. Don't ever think that your outside appearance is what matters to people because in reality people like people for who they are not what they look like. And from what i have seen with you. You should have a lot of friends who love you for who you are. You're a great pre adult and you have a good head on your shoulders. God has plans for you. Keep on the right path. Don't do harm to your body. You have a gift from god. If you know what it is then focus on that. Don't let the devil steer you in the wrong direction. Your adopted father should never have said that to you. Have you ever told him how that makes you feel? Maybe he needs to be told. Don't you worry about him though. He was wrong!! chin up!!

Love in christ,Jennifer

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

Zoe I know what your going through I do casuse I going through the same sturrgle but if you didn't know I cut and suicidal and don't get into those.