IGNORED

What does love your neighbor as yourself mean to you?

Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think you can self love without pride. Love is wanting and seeking the best for the one loved. It is not about granting wishes and making people feel good, it is about seeking what is best for them. When I as a father, disciplined my children it was not about making them feel good, or granting them their heart's desires, it was about helping them to be better people.

The best way I can love myself, the way I can love myself the most, is to seek what is truly the best for me. What is best for me, best for anyone, is being in the closest relationship with God that one can have, and seeking to do His will.

If I love you, I will tell you what I know about God, and help you to improve your relationship with Him, and teaching you to do his will. Our highest calling, is to love the Lord. The best way to live that, is to obey Him. What did Jesus say?

Go and make disciples, teaching them to obey everything I commanded you.

So, if I love myself, I obey God, since that is what is best for me. That is selfish, but it is not prideful. In fact, to love yourself in that way, you have to suspend your pride, putting yourself below others. The highest form of self love, is to love God above everything else, anything less, is idolatry.

You seem to be talking about what seems beneficial to you personally to bring into your life.  Without God, wouldn't a person be drawn into just about any field of self comfort. I take self love as worshiping an idealist vision of yourself. Vanity is another work that describes what I am talking about.

I'm sorry but I have family members that don't walk with God and they are always on a search for that which they think will enrich their lives, but they think they deserve it because they were told over and over that they deserved it by the world outside.

8 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Im so happy you found Him! Praise The Lord.  Ive grown up with no love or not much myself. A family of narcissists/psychopathic traits. The Lord said they never loved me enough, but that HE loves me. He said it.  Thats the holes only The lord could fill. It really felt like filling.  Ive been given understanding that they are not well. Strangely enough I didnt took it out on myself or anyone. Mightve been because in the end I recived help from the authorites.  It is very easy for many to turn it on themselves. Im happy for you. 

Praise God. I'm sorry that anyone has to go through the difficulties that they do, but It might just be God's plans to go through what they did to prepare them. Many people who have not gone through the same things others have done can't fully comprehend what these people are about. Love works wonders, but you have to reach these people in order to get them to listen and shared experience is the best cohesion in the world. Maybe those who came through what we have are destined by God to touch the lives of many people and bring them to Christ.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Praise God. I'm sorry that anyone has to go through the difficulties that they do, but It might just be God's plans to go through what they did to prepare them. Many people who have not gone through the same things others have done can't fully comprehend what these people are about. Love works wonders, but you have to reach these people in order to get them to listen and shared experience is the best cohesion in the world. Maybe those who came through what we have are destined by God to touch the lives of many people and bring them to Christ.

Thats true in most cases and thats what I want, to be effective for Him, not just some but fire! And to bring more. Youre right, they did us a favor in disquise. The enemy got it all back..somewhere :)  Ive always wanted to help others like that. 

52 minutes ago, Prophet of change Lou L said:

So encouraged by all these post you all are wonderful and His Spirit is very discernible. As any who are familiar with me you know my tech challenges. I would love to be able to put scripture here but cut and paste is way over my head. So will just reference maybe some would later want to post. 1 John 2:5-11. John talks of the old commandment and the new the old telling us to love God love our neighbor.The old is good but only is able to control our outward self this is good of course principle living is great. Once Jesus comes into our heart the Holy Spirit takes the law to another level. JESUS didn't change the old HE absorb it He drank the cup. Jesus contrast the old and the new in the sermon on the mount,when HE says the law says but i say even to the place of cutting hands of and plucking eyes out. The question becomes is He serious? Or is He wanting us to see are utter need of Him and His Cross. Also when we see Paul's struggle in Romans 7 He says he loves the law but it cant free him of the new Spirit that now resides in him that is in the processes of nudging him to the cross thank God for Romans 8 well i could go on hope i haven't got to (tech.) theirs that tech word again.           

To cut and paste you first have to place the cursor at the front or the back of what you want to copy. You hold down the left-hand mouse button and slowly move the cursor over the entire text you want to copy and then release the mouse button. When you do that the text will be highlighted. Then you hold down the left-hand control key, which is the one at the bottom left of you keyboard. With that held down you touch the "C" key and then release them. When you do that the highlighted text will be copied enternally.

You the place the cursor on the place where you want to paste the text to start at. then you again hold down the left hand control hey and instead of the "C" key, you touch the "V" key and the text will appear where your cursor is.  God Bless you.

5 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Thats true in most cases and thats what I want, to be effective for Him, not just some but fire! And to bring more. Youre right, they did us a favor in disquise. The enemy got it all back..somewhere :)  Ive always wanted to help others like that. 

I praise God for all these wonderful people here. What a joy it is and what a blessing you all are. I thank God from the bottom of my heart for each and every one of you!

We are all apart of God's plan. I just wish that more people will realize that we might just be God's answer to someone's prayers because we were tried and tested by him to help out where he sends us. Just think what the guy that Jesus sent to talk to Saul of Tarsus, after he was blinded. Their are a lot of people out there who have been blinded by this world and we are his messengers. Some of us has special skills, because of our experiences, but we are all his messengers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Loving ourselves has got to be based on the value He places on us and knowing Hes placed the same value on our neighbor. According to Jesus our soul is worth more then the whole world. He spent His to purchase ours and if we lose it we find it. We are in a process of Him changing us we are not there yet but Hes leading us down that road. Paul's Romans 7 and 8 experience in 8 verses 24-25 its about hoping for something we eagerly wait for. And hope is the anchor of that most valuable which is our soul. Who can separate us from His love. Love your self He loves you love your neighbor He loves them as well. My struggle as a christian has been harder for me to love my self then others. Most of the time i do OK but the battle is real our enemy doesn't want us to get this one. But we will i have hope. By this will all men know you are my disciples cause you have love one for another.         

Churchmouse thanks for the info sounds easy good instructions.  I hope you know how much i appreciate but you dont know how challenge i am try to get wife ur daughter to walk me thru it. l.o.l. will pray for patience for you all with me your gonna need it you all make it sound so easy my 5 yr old gran son blows me away with his tech ability. Trusting the Lord to help me . again thanks so much and God bless.

10 minutes ago, Prophet of change Lou L said:

Loving ourselves has got to be based on the value He places on us and knowing Hes placed the same value on our neighbor. According to Jesus our soul is worth more then the whole world. He spent His to purchase ours and if we lose it we find it. We are in a process of Him changing us we are not there yet but Hes leading us down that road. Paul's Romans 7 and 8 experience in 8 verses 24-25 its about hoping for something we eagerly wait for. And hope is the anchor of that most valuable which is our soul. Who can separate us from His love. Love your self He loves you love your neighbor He loves them as well. My struggle as a christian has been harder for me to love my self then others. Most of the time i do OK but the battle is real our enemy doesn't want us to get this one. But we will i have hope. By this will all men know you are my disciples cause you have love one for another.         

That's true, but you have to know him to understand that. I've experienced the existence that people drudge trough on a daily bases as well as living the life that God has been trying to give everyone, when I found him. Self love is one thing without God and quite another with him. I've been talking about the secular version of it, because that's the version that popped into my head when the term was brought foreword in this thread. I many times default to the outside when I talk about issues like this because I know what those people are missing. I was once there among them.

The darkness out there right now is pervasive the people who need Him cant see the light. That darkness as 1 John says has blinded there eyes. It is sad there is so much hate. As John says the true Light is already shining praise GOD Isaiah 60 though darkness cover the earth HIS light is gonna arise on us i am so encourage by you and all the others on this topic. Again love to you churchmouse. This been so good hate to leave for now look forward to return later.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Oh your soo right, church mouse, and all of you.  I love you all!  What a wonderful bunch of people!  See, we dwell in Him, share in Him, and He keep on pouring.  Praise God!  It is so different, the worlds self love(and love) to how the srlf love and love to others are in The Lord, youre right, mouse.  Their hearts are full of pain, and distortion.