• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

Too bad there isn't a uniform layer of sediment over the entire earth...not to mention either the energy of the water coming from under the surface of the earth or pouring down on it would have destroyed everything and all species/kinds of animal fossils are not mixed...  Now, if you want to claim supernatural agents then maybe you should stop talking scientific evidence.  This is why this sub-forum is called "science vs faith". 

I would say not having a uniform layer of sediment would be absolute proof of the flood.  It would've caused a mixing of sediments would it not?  And there are plenty of places where the fossils are mixed and in different places.  There are marine fossils on the highest mountains (including Everest).  There are whale fossils in the middle of deserts.  So there are definitely fossils where they don't belong.  And I would also assume that the plants and animals closer to the ground and unable to move as fast would get buried before the larger animals that can run to higher ground away from the oncoming water.  So that explains how scientists can interpret layering as different ages that could've resulted from a flood. 

I believe that the existence of a Supernatural Creator changes the whole thing.  Scientists trying to record events as they occured naturally will definitely come up with millions of years. BUT if a flood happened and God does exist, it changes everything science thinks it knows about the earth or even the universe.  That's why I refuse to watch that show on FOX, "Cosmos".  I don't like being lied to.

Edited by anthonyjmcgirr

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

That's why I refuse to watch that show on FOX, "Cosmos".  I don't like being lied to.

======================================================================

That's why I refuse to watch that show on FOX, "Cosmos".  I don't like being lied to.

I try and catch all of them....the hyped ones I record.

I look for:  Logical Fallacies, Sweeping Generalizations, Basic Physics Violations, Non-Sequitur's. The best ones are when they make stuff up; which happens immediately after: "Welcome to....." and continues Non-Stop to the end.

Then I invite friends over and we treat it like Comedy Night @ the Ritz

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Too bad there isn't a uniform layer of sediment over the entire earth...not to mention either the energy of the water coming from under the surface of the earth or pouring down on it would have destroyed everything and all species/kinds of animal fossils are not mixed...  Now, if you want to claim supernatural agents then maybe you should stop talking scientific evidence.  This is why this sub-forum is called "science vs faith". 

I would say not having a uniform layer of sediment would be absolute proof of the flood.  It would've caused a mixing of sediments would it not?  And there are plenty of places where the fossils are mixed and in different places.  There are marine fossils on the highest mountains (including Everest).  There are whale fossils in the middle of deserts.  So there are definitely fossils where they don't belong.  And I would also assume that the plants and animals closer to the ground and unable to move as fast would get buried before the larger animals that can run to higher ground away from the oncoming water.  So that explains how scientists can interpret layering as different ages that could've resulted from a flood. 

I believe that the existence of a Supernatural Creator changes the whole thing.  Scientists trying to record events as they occured naturally will definitely come up with millions of years. BUT if a flood happened and God does exist, it changes everything science thinks it knows about the earth or even the universe.  That's why I refuse to watch that show on FOX, "Cosmos".  I don't like being lied to.

fossil mixing isn't about geography, it's about time.  Older fossils are under newer ones.  if your slower fossil claims are true, why would you have new, slow mammals in a higher strata than fast dinosaurs? 

Edited by jerryR34

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Scientists have recently come across a discovery that could prove there's a reservoir of water under the earth so massive it could contain all the water currently in the earth's oceans.  Of course the article doesn't point to the biblical flood, but says it's more like how it's imagined in Jules Verne's "Journey to the Center of the Earth."  But if you ask me, it really take away the argument that there's not enough water on the earth to cover the mountains ...

Does it even have to cover the mountains?

Since Google Earth wasn't available to Noah and his neighbors, if their whole world was Mesopotamia and all of Mesopotamia was under water, wasn't the "whole world" flooded, at least as far as they were concerned?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone....

It is an interesting article......and someone pointed out (I believe it was Jerry)that this is the science versus faith sub forum & if we want to talk supernatural agents then why talk scientific evidence at all?Well,they can discuss whatever they like,for some people scientific evidences do confirm many Biblical accounts  & it is amazing & interesting conversation

Personally,I have been down that road(up &down-lol) but I sure do walk by faith & not by sight.....if God said it is so then I do not need to to produce any evidence(physical or seen)to anyone or to have any scientific evidence shown to me....................those that require or desire some type of physical evidences to prove Gods Word is true lean on their own understanding & have not yet come to that place of trusting or KNOWING God,,,,,maybe they will,maybe they won't & thats okay too,I think I will just pray for them......God Bless us all

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Old School....

I don't think so,that as far as "they "were concerned the whole earth as flooded.......the Scriptures are Gods Word,not by any interpretation of men(they were merely Gods "pen')So if the Lord says....the earth was flooded,then the earth was flooded......IMO     God Bless you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

fossil mixing isn't about geography, it's about time.  Older fossils are under newer ones.  if your slower fossil claims are true, why would you have new, slow mammals in a higher strata than fast dinosaurs?

=====================================================================================================

<--------------------999 Woo Hoo

Sorry to interrupt.....

Older fossils are under newer ones.

How do you differentiate "newer" vs "Older" fossils without using a Circular Argument?

slow mammals in a higher strata than fast dinosaurs?

The "slower" mammals were viewing Google Earth on Higher Ground while the Faster Dino's were Plugging Holes on Lower Ground, Obviously.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Older fossils are under newer ones.

How do you differentiate "newer" vs "Older" fossils without using a Circular Argument?

Several methods, please research - that in no way requires circular resoning. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Blessings Old School....

I don't think so,that as far as "they "were concerned the whole earth as flooded.......the Scriptures are Gods Word,not by any interpretation of men(they were merely Gods "pen')So if the Lord says....the earth was flooded,then the earth was flooded......IMO     God Bless you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I find it odd that our God -- who goes to such great lengths so that men would follow Him of their own free will -- would turn His writers into nothing more than mere (automatic) pens?

And if all scripture is inspired (2 Tim 3:16), spiritual possession of its scribes is not only unnecessary, it's unbiblical.

Now as to the whole earth being flooded ...

"The language used in Genesis 6-9 does not insist that the flood was global.

"First of all, the Hebrew kol erets, meaning whole Earth, can also be translated whole land in reference to local, not global, geography. The Old Testament scholar Gleason L. Archer explains that the Hebrew word erets is often translated as Earth in English translations of the Bible, when in reality it is also the word for land, as in the land of Israel.6 Archer explains that erets is used many times throughout the Old Testament to mean land and country. Furthermore, the term tebel, which translates to the whole expanse of the Earth, or the Earth as a whole, is not used in Genesis 6:17, nor in subsequent verses in Genesis 7 (7:4, 7:10, 7:17, 7:18, 7:19).7 If the intent of this passage was to indicate the entire expanse of the Earth, tebel would have been the more appropriate word choice. Consequently, the Hebrew text is more consistent with a local geography for the flood.

"Moreover, in this period of history, people understood the whole Earth as a smaller geographical area. There is no evidence to suggest that people of this time had explored the far reaches of the globe or had any understanding of its scope. For example, the Babylonian Map of the World,8 the oldest known world map, depicts the world as two concentric circles containing sites of Assyria, Babylon, Bit Yakin, Urartu, a few other cities and geographic features all surrounded by ocean ..."

http://biologos.org/questions/genesis-flood

Several methods, please research - that in no way requires circular resoning. 

==================================================================================

Go ahead and list the Top 2, then I'll go ahead and research then put them through the Crucible.

Thanks