IGNORED

Why so many faiths?

Guest jenmay

Guest jenmay

Love all the posts,

helped me find the "One faith" in "Jesus Christ."

The Bible talks about the "faith of Jesus" or from HIm, As in the text - "unto everyone of us is given a measure of faith."

Any other faith is self generated, but this "one" faith is a gift of God given to every person born into this world.

There is only one way that this faith can be exercised, "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God."

The Word of God is living and it creates, and it also recreates fallen men, if they depend on it to do the job.

That is why the Bible says there is only one faith (that saves). 

It is a gift of God that connects men with God, so it is not a notion or a belief only, but a spiritual gift of being able to recognize the truth of God.

A mere belief could never provide this avenue.

Can it be ignored and resisted? Yes. God does not force recognition, but He made sure the door is open.

It took the sacrifice of His only Son to open that door.

How precious is this faith!

Guest it's just me

Why would a loving all knowing creator create so many different religions? If the Bible is infallible (must trust in Jesus to be saved) and those that were born and raised in a different country, society, religion don't know the difference, how is it fair they are going to hell? I thought God was just.

He didn't create them, man created them, and no, people who don't know will not go to hell. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

God is good faith get you near to God each and ever day in the bible said you should walk by faith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Look no further than the Word of God. As He will help you to rely upon Him!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14

First, the creator didn't create different religons. We did. Doctrine is man made. The Bible is the word of God. That is what He calls us to believe. Secondly, Jesus said He must leave so that the counselor could come. The counselor being the Holy Spirit which will teach you and guide you in His ways. Thirdly, He calls us to share the good news for a reason. That is part of the reason we need to respond to the Spirit's prompting in that area. Of course, the bible also says that no one comes to Jesus unless his Father called them first. The truth will be in the word. The more time you spend with it the more it will illuminate the answers you are seeking. The Bible also says seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Birthday:  05/07/1947

There is only one faith. That is Jesus Christ. Man has come up with many belief systems.

AMEN alien.  As in all walks of life, one thinks and says, another thinks and says.  So much diversity as to what our LORD says through SCRIPTURE.   I look, read and understand the Word.  I am not analytical.  I read and speak to our Lord, just as Paul writes

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8

There is a reason for the diverse number of religions and denominations today. In Paul's Second letter to Timothy he aptly summed it up in these words : " The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." (2 Tim. 4:3,4NKJV) Basically, its caused by a failure to listen to God's Word and putting personal opinions first. By not heeding the warnings contained in Scripture, such ones fall prey to all sorts of misleading teachings, and sadly come to believe the lie.... thus the proliferation of religions today!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/08/1984

There are many different scientific theories also, that doesn't mean none of them can be right. There's strong disagreement on any issue that matters, be it science, government, even dictionaries can be in disagreement over the meaning of a word. Scientists disagree fiercely for example over what should be the proper definition for species. Disagreement simply is the result of a complex subject that is of great importantance, as people try to figure out the answer.

• 1 month later...
Guest Judas Machabeus

this is a very long thread and admittedly I have not made it all the way through, but someone on page 1 mentioned the RC Church and it got me thinking. They claim to be the Church that Christ founded. From the reading I've done all Christian faiths seem to be a branch off of the catholic Church and than eventually RC Church or a further division from a group already split. If this is true and the RC Church is in error doctirnally well than would we not have to question Matt 16:18 when Jesus says that the gates of Hades would not prevail against his Church. It took 1500 years for Martin Luther to come along. So was the Church in error for 1500 years. Did the gates of Hell prevail for that period?

I know we're not to talk about RC teachings and such so I hope I stayed on the proper side of the line.

Actually as I re-read this post, something else comes to mind. Regarding the subject of denominations. My fiance belongs to an Alliance Church and I attend with her from time to time and I got talking to her Pastor one day and the topic of infant baptism came up. My mother is Lutheran and my father Catholic and so infant baptism is a perfectly natural thing and normal thing for me. And of course he started bashing my father and his Catholic believes and so on and so forth. But he was okay with the Lutherans and Anglicans and their infant baptism. So how can there be such a great divide within the protestant faith. My mother showed me her sunday school books and they're baptism is viewed as sacramental (which was the other hot button this pastor went off on).

I also listen to the apologetics podcast and I get the impression from their show that there is a huge chasim in protestantism... they talk about Church fathers, creeds, sacraments and such, and they are no friends of the RC Church, yet the things they talk about would make a Calvinist pull his or her hair out.

If I am to choose a Christian Church to belong to it is very confusing and I fail to see how Christ would make it so hard to find the truth in all this.