Guest arbormist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Only God knows the heart, and who, and who isnt, saved.

Anything you want to talk about? :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

This is a rather unanswerable question. You see some will tell you that suicide is murdering one's self, and we know murder is a sin. If you are dead, you obviously cannot repent of this sin. So some will say you are damned for it.

I say only God knows the heart, where you go at that time is ultimately in his hands. Why a Born Again believer would commit suicide is completely beyond my comprehension though. If you are Saved by faith in Christ and living a life pleasing to him, you would trust Him to bring you through whatever difficulties you may be having.

God Bless,

Dave

P.S. If there is anybody out there reading this who needs help with something, PM one of the Admin team, any of us would be more then happy to speak with you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Arbormist,

This question is not difficult to answer, for though it has been said by many that any sin that is unrepented is a reason for damnation. This is not so, for it was written within God's word, that whoever believes in the one and only Son of God, Jesus Christ, shall not perish but have everlasting life.

It is true though that in ending one's life it is the taking of live, and considered murder. However, once one has given one's heart to Christ, there is no taking that away.

The only unforgiveable sin mentioned within the scriptures is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit/Ghost, nothing else. For all other sins can be forgiven.

As said before once a heart is given unto the Father and the Son, there is no going back, one is His. For if one were to be condemned to hell for such a sin, it would be as if Jesus' price on the cross were for nothing. For he did come to die for us all, believers and non.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1983

This is a rather unanswerable question. You see some will tell you that suicide is murdering one's self, and we know murder is a sin. If you are dead, you obviously cannot repent of this sin. So some will say you are damned for it

I have always been taught this way that if you kill yourself you go to Hell but I really dont know. The only one who knows the answet to that is God but you could look at it in different ways just depends on what kind of denomation you have been raised.

Love in Christ,

Dancin :thumbsup:

Edited by DaNcInAnGeL

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lady323

i think that if the person is saved then they wouldnt commit suicide, because they would want to dedicate their life to Jesus Christ. But like everyone said only God really knows.

***SUICIDE IS A PERMANENT SOLUTION TO A TEMPORARY PROBLEM***

God Bless All of You,

lady323

:whistling:

• 3 months later...
Guest theLAYMAN

JESUS DIED FOR ALL SINS.

HE WAS TEMEPTED BY ALL OF THESE SINS YET HE DID NOT COMMIT ANY SINS.

JESUS WAS TEMPTED WITH MURDER, HOMOSEXUALITY, RAPE, CHILD MOLESTATION, MASTERBATION JUST TO NAME A FEW OF THE MORE HARDER SINS (WELL AT LEAST ACCORDING TO MAN) (TO GOD ALL SIN IS SIN)

HE WAS TEMPTED WITH SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT HE NEVER DID IT. BECAUSE HE IS WITHOUT SIN. HE IS OUR PERFECT SACRIFICE.

A REAL CHRISTIAN CAN SIN. PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE BIBLE TRULY SAYS.

(READ ALL OF THE BOOK OF 1ST JOHN REAL CLOSELY)

PEOPLE EXPRESS THEIR SIN NATURES IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

NOT ALL SIN EFFECTS OR AFFECTS PEOPLE IN THE SAME WAY.

SOME PEOPLE RAPE OTHER PEOPLE BUT DON'T GOSSIP. SOME PEOPLE LIE, CHEAT, AND STEAL, BUT DON'T KILL PEOPLE. SOME PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE BUT DON'T FORNICATE.

THE POINT IS WE ARE ALL AFFECTED BY DIFFERENT SINS. LOOK AT ALL OF THE GODLY PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE, THEY ALL HAD DIFFERENT SINFUL PROBLEMS.

A REAL CHRISTIAN CAN COMMIT SUICIDE AND STILL GO TO HEAVEN, LIKE A REAL CHRISTIAN CAN COMMIT MURDER AND STILL GO TO HEAVEN.

FIRST, AS IT DESCRIBES IN THE BOOK OF JAMES HOW NO MAN IS TEMPTED BY GOD, BUT BY HIS OWN DESIRES AND LUST, THIS CAN AND DOES APPLY TO CHRISTIANS.

IF SOMEONE OUT HERE HAS A WEAKNESS TOWARD SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND THEY ARE SAVED, AND ONE DAY THEY GIVE IN TO THESE THOUGHTS AND KILL THEMSELVES, WELL JESUS HAS THAT SITUATION COVERED TOO.

HE HAS TO HAVE, OTHERWISE, THE BIBLE ISN'T TRUE THAT HE DIED FOR ALL SINS.

A PERSON WHO COMMITS FORNICATION IS NO DIFFERENT THAN A PERSON WHO COMMITS SUICIDE IN THE SENSE THAT SIN IS SIN. SO WHAT IF A PERSON COMMITS FORNICATION BY GIVING IN TO TEMPTATION IS THAT REALLY ANY DIFFERENT THAN A PERSON COMMITING SUICIDE? THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE OUTCOME OF THESE TWO DIFFERENT SINS. SUICIDE ELIMINATES YOU FROM THIS SIDE OF REALITY WHERE AS FORNICATION BRINGS GRATIFICATION THROUGH SEXUAL PRACTICE. THE POINT IS JESUS HAS BOTH SINS COVERED IF YOU ARE A REAL CHRISTIAN.

IF A PERSON WHO LIVED THEIR LIVES FOR CHRIST GOT REALLY FRUSTRATED AND MAD AT SOMEBODY AND CUSSED THEM OUT WITH EVERY KNOWN CURSE WORD IN THE WORLD AND DIED OF A HEART ATTACK DURING THIS RAMPAGE, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT JESUS CHRIST BLOOD DOESN'T COVER THIS PERSON REPENTING OF THIS SIN BEFORE THEY DIE?

BUT HERE'S THE CLENCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST OF ALL, GOD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE

THE WHOLE ISSUE OVER HEAVEN AND HELL IS SETTLED ON THE CROSS WITH JESUS. ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED IS TOO TRUE. JESUS SAID THAT ETERNAL LIFE REST TOTALLY ON HIM. THERE IS NO THERE WAY TO GAIN OR GET IT. PERIOD. ONCE YOU HAVE IT, YOU CAN'T FORFIT IT, NO MATTER WHAT. BECAUSE IT'S THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO MAKES YOU ALIVE IN CHRIST ONCE YOU BELIEVE IN HIM.

THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THIS REASON

THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN BE GRIEVED BUT HE NEVER LEAVES A REAL BELIEVER. NOW, A REAL BELIEVER CAN COMMIT SUICIDE, BUT THAT REAL BELIEVER WILL SUFFER LOSS

LOSS OF REWARD IN HEAVEN, LOSS OF THE ABILITY TO GAIN AND TO FULFILL MORE HERE FOR GOD, LOSS OF LIFE, WHICH, IF WE LOOK REAL CLOSELY AT SCRIPTURE, LIFE IS TO BE VALUED, BECAUSE GOD GIVES IT TO US TO SERVE HIM, LOSS TO SHOW ALL OF CREATION THE GLORY OF GOD AND JESUS' SALVATION IN THE WORLD.

IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF GOD AND SUFFER A FATE MUCH WORSE THAN DEATH

A FATE MUCH WORSE THAN DEATH? WHAT COULD THAT POSSIBLY BE?

JESUS WILL BE OUR JUDGE AND WE WILL GIVE AN ACCOUNT. SO KILLING ONESELF BECAUSE YOU GAVE IN TO YOUR TEMPTATION AND YOU SINNED IN THIS WAY WILL GARUTEE YOU LOSS OF REWARD.

REWARDS, REWARDS, REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! IS WHAT CHRISTIANS WILL EXPECT AT THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST. IT IS WHAT WE ARE LIVING OUR LIVES FOR IN CHRIST. NOT STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF WE ARE GOING TO HEAVEN OR HELL BY COMMITING SINS. EVEN SUICIDE. JESUS SETTLED ALL OF THAT ON THE CROSS. IF HE DIDN'T SOMEBODY LIED TO US WHO BELIEVES IN HIM.

CUZ GUESS WHAT? WE ALL FALL SHORT, MORE THAN WHAT WE REALIZE. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE BLOOD OF JESUS?????????????????????????????????

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey, Arbormist!

(Like the name, BTW!)

Having been through the struggle myself (I didn't know it at the time, but I was suffering chronic depression and had a few major depressive episodes where I wanted to end my life so bad), I discovered the question is not, "Where will I end up?" but "How will I end up."

Scriptures are clear that we are rewarded according to what we have done.

What spiritual possessions will you take with you to Heaven?

Wood, hay and stubble?

Or gold, silver and precious stones?

Do you want to go to Heaven with nothing to show for your life?

Do you want the Lord to greet you with, "Why did you do that? Couldn't you trust Me?"

The thought of hurting and dissapointing the Lord that way was what kept me alive.

I do not say this is a judgmental way, but I have learned that depression and suicide are very selfish-bound.

You need to break the cycle, and that comes through love. Not romantic love, but the expression of blessing the Lord and blessing others.

It's oK if it takes time.

Just surrender to love rather than self-hate, OK?

Guest Falling

What about Samson?

If we have the closeness of God in our salvation, we won't seek the solace of suicide.

I have considered it a few times and each time I was in battle for my soul and the devil will convince you death is easier and better for everyone than facing what your going through or saying what you've done.

But think about it God is in control he knows what is best, if it was better for us to die, I think he could take care of that, really.

We are afraid of not being in control, and not being able to change our situations, suicide is the most drastic outcry for some sort of power of their lives.

We have to let God be in control and trust him , its harder to do that than to slit your wrists trust me. You have to be strong enough to turn your life over to God.