OldSchool2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Because of our sins, we were under the fear of death and power of Satan before Jesus freed us.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

That's excellent, Jzyehoshua.

Blood

knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. 1 Peter 1:18-19

Blood

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood-- Revelation 1:5 (NASB)

~

My own view, it is not substitutionary atonement.  

That makes no sense to me rationally, and most of Scripture points to something else:

Participation. 

~

Jesus Is God

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: Philippians 2:5-7

And Without Him

This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: "HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND CARRIED AWAY OUR DISEASES." Matthew 8:17 (NASB)

You Are

and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls. 1 Peter 2:23-25 (NASB)

Done

who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 1 Thessalonians 5::10

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

They tell me to keep it simple. I have a debt I cannot pay. Jesus has an inexaustable bankroll that more than covers my portion that he is more than happy to pay.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Jesus switched places with us. A punishment that we deserved, that he took instead. It's like you were going to the electric chair, and someone took your seat, and died so that you can be free.

Vicarious and substitutionary sacrifice, thank God that is a reality in my life, huh Joe. PTL

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Why can God have only one begotten Son?  Does that have anything to do with the fact that early in our civilization, there was nothing more valuable to us that the first-born son?  If God was tailoring his Salvation to our needs, why does he not put equal value on all our children now - maybe have some daughters...?  If you disagree, do you still feel first-born males should be valued above all children, and if not, why was Jesus' sacrifice as his only begotten Son special?

Edited by jerryR34

Why can God have only one begotten Son?  Does that have anything to do with the fact that early in our civilization, there was nothing more valuable to us that the first-born son?  If God was tailoring his Salvation to our needs, why does he not put equal value on all our children now - maybe have some daughters...?  If you disagree, do you still feel first-born males should be valued above all children, and if not, why was Jesus' sacrifice as his only begotten Son special?

It has to do with Jesus being his only born Son whom God begot when Jesus was raised from the dead and God made him to be the Author of our salvation. I don't see a problem with that, are you a feminist.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

It has to do with Jesus being his only born Son whom God begot when Jesus was raised from the dead and God made him to be the Author of our salvation. I don't see a problem with that, are you a feminist.

How do you define "femanist"?  If it is defined as women being equal to men, and me valuing my daughters as much as anyone values their sons, then I guess I fit that definition, although I would call myself human and anyone who though male children were more valuable that female misogynistic.

Why could/did God have only on "Son"?

Because the triune Godhead is masculine, Christ the Word (Greek - Logos) is masculine, the is no feminine in the Godhead.

Because God, to make atonement for our sins, had to present an offering who was holy and had no sin, and Christ fit the bill, so God send the second person of the Trinity, who was the exact image and glory of God, there was no one of feminine nature to send to become our sacrifice for sin.