• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1961

Reading Genesis Chapter 3 verse 21 we see the recording of the first death that resulted from sin.  God killed animals and took their skins to make cloaks to cover the man and woman. The wages of sin is death. When man sins something must die, blood must be shed because the life is in the blood.  He later caused animal sacrifice to be used and an animal to carry the burden of sin away from men with the letting of it's blood. Jesus blood poured out, he became both the high priest that offered the sacrifice and the sacrifice itself taking all the sin of the world from that time to His return into Himself.

Romans 6:23New International Version (NIV)

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I am reminded of the verse in Genesis -

`Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. And surely I will require your lifeblood; ....from every man,...I will require the life of man. Whoever shed`s man`s blood, by man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.`   (Gen. 9: 4 - 6)

The `life,` is in the blood. Thus Christ`s blood that was shed for all has His life in it. That life is eternal & not just the `red part` as it were. The eternal qualities of Christ are formed in us as we cooperate with the Holy Spirit  who has `implanted` Christ`s DNA, as it were, in us.