Coveting

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've read and heard that Christians aren't supposed to covet.

Does this mean we shouldn't want anything? - Not a better life, not to be happier, not to be a better person, not to have a better relationship with GOD, not to try to make the World a better place, et cetera???

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think that is the case........     if your neighbor has a new shiny red convertible there is nothing wrong with you wanting to have a new red convertible......  what is wrong is for you to want your neighbors red convertible.

Nothing wrong with wanting a pretty wife.......    but not your neighbors wife.

Coveting your neighbors possessions is the first step in being a thief...  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Not that your neighbors wife is his possession..... 

I've read and heard that Christians aren't supposed to covet.

Does this mean we shouldn't want anything? - Not a better life, not to be happier, not to be a better person, not to have a better relationship with GOD, not to try to make the World a better place, et cetera???

~

The Fork

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

In The Road

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Or Fool's Gold

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

Versus True Treasure

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Corinthians 6:15-18