Psalm 23

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

You could imply that "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want" is a cause-and-effect, in which case the contrapositive would also be true, but even so, many translations cite Psalm 23 as "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in need."   We certainly all as humans "want" certain things, but with God's presence in the believer's life through the Holy Spirit, that is all that we truly need.  I understand it may not feel like we have everything that we need when we are in financial difficulty or depression or other issues, and that also doesn't mean we sit back and don't take advantage of the tangible earthbound aids that God provides through other believers, but if we can stand above the fray and look at things from God's perspective and rest in His arms as the Good Shepherd, our terrestrial problems get minimized as we experience His comfort.     

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Amethyst

This is my favorite Psalm..........I have been reading it all week,2 & 3 times a day..........King David himself ,as a young boy was a shepherd & he relates to Our Lord as his own personal Shepherd(he being His sheep) David understood what it was to be provider & pprotector of the flock but also that he knew each of his sheep individually

The Lord is our PERSONAL Shepherd & without Him we would die,sheep have to even be lead to food & water,protected from predators & unlike many other animals,,,,they can easily lose their way & cannot find their way back to the flock unless the Shepherd goes after them ,,,,,,,,and He always will

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think your looking at it wrong-if the Lord is with you, what do you really want? what should you want? I think as Christians-as long as Christ is with us, then we have all that we need. This earh is temporary-if we hunger, it will pass. if we hurt, it will pass! instead of focusing on wanting things of this world-be it wealth, health, or even food, we should focus on the eternal-and be content with what we do have here on earth, no matter how much-or how little it ls.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe David is saying God is his provider he gives him everything he needs because God knows what is best. He trusts God to direct his path.