• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/26/1968

I posted something similar to this in another topic about the rapture. Thess. 4 and 5 are CLEARLY talking about the rapture. We all have different views about the actual timing of this event....pre, mid and post tribulation theories (and probably more that I don't even know about) but....they are at most....very educated and studied theories...some just speculation....and all....are different views about what the word says in different ways on a time line that is impossible to nail down when the word clearly says......know ONE knows the day or hour, not even the Angels of heaven nor the son.......only the Father. With all that said...let's look at the awesome hope of our Word of God.....

Thess. 4:13 (New Living Translation) And now, brothers and sisters, I want you to know what will happen to the Christians who have died so you will not be full or sorrow like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus comes, God will bring back with Jesus all the Christians who have died. I can tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. So comfort and encourage each other with these words.

Thess 5 Talks about the time when all of this will happen......5:2~For you know quite well that the day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. When people are saying, " all is well; everything is peaceful and secure," then disaster will fall upon them as suddenly as a woman's birth pains begin when her child is about to be born. But, you aren't in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won't be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief.

That is through chapter 5 thru verse 4.

I really agree with Cats (I think it was) that said it well when The word compares the end times with birth pains for a reason!! They come in waves...contractions. Interesting when you look at history and the accumulative "birth pains" of the earth that grow more intense as the time grows closer!! One thing is for sure.....more and more is happening everyday and everyday is a day closer. It IS exciting to discuss all of this and the possibility of it being soon.......that is a good thing!!!! Knowing the signs of the times is what we are CALLED to do! Trying to nail down the exact timing of the event is and will be unknown, until it happens. The bible clearly tells us to encourage and comfort each other with those words!!!!! (directly above!!) I personally would LOVE to be " caught up in the clouds and meet the Lord in the air" from standing on the earth to "bye bye in the clouds" AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our future....if we have the assurance and salvation of Christ Jesus...is ultimately with him....which FAR outweighs the "vapor" of a life we have here.

In Christ~ Lorie

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would say we have to realise that every year that goes by, every day that time is getting closer. We are told when we see those things happening to look up! I for one am looking up. Israel has been back in the land since 1947. That alone says a lot.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/26/1968

Hi everyone!

Even from the last time I posted......prophecy seems to be coming fulfilled at an alarming rate. Check out Rollin Thunder's Post April 8th prediction....He posts from a website that has news events of Europe that isn't getting attention from the regular news. (no big surprise there) It is VERY interesting!!! Regardless of the timing of the rapture........things seem to be picking up speed.

I've seen things a little differently myself even from the last time I posted!

Lookin up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: (although I believe things are going to get a lot worse around the good ol US first!!)

In Christ~ Lorie