• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I agree sin is wrong. If your a true christian, you do your best not to sin. To say were sinless is not possible. Were not Jesus, he alone is sinless. We need Jesus to help with our daily sins. The more he helps with over again sin, the less we want the sin. Did't Paul said something that he sins daily in bible.

Guest shiloh357

I agree sin is wrong. If your a true christian, you do your best not to sin. To say were sinless is not possible. Were not Jesus, he alone is sinless. We need Jesus to help with our daily sins. The more he helps with over again sin, the less we want the sin. Did't Paul said something that he sins daily in bible.

By Johnlove's standard Paul was not born of God because Paul harbored unforgiveness against John Mark AND Paul called himself the chief of sinners.

I fond Johnlove way of thinking dangerous. Meaning that if a newly born Christian was to be told that if they sin then they were never saved in the first place, it may make them give up their walk with Christ altogether. I know that when I was a new Christian if I had believed as Johnlove is saying, I would have given up as soon as I started. All of us can lose our way at times. But God is there to take us back if we do. All we have to do is call on him. To make people feel like once they make a mistake in their Christian walk, that they were not true Christians to start with is a very dangerous thing to be telling new Christians. 

I agree with this.

What about Peter who denied Jesus three times. Thats a biggie. Was he forgiven when he asked. He did it three times. Don't forget he did it three times.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

You have an opinion, but no scripture to confirm your opinion.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

What about Peter who denied Jesus three times. Thats a biggie. Was he forgiven when he asked. He did it three times. Don't forget he did it three times.

Yes Peter did that, and that was before he received the Holy Spirit.  Paul told us in Romans seven just how impossible it is for one to not sin, before he or she receives the Holy Spirit.

The following verse tells us how God made it possible to never sin again.

By the way if you say the a Christian will sin then you are contradicting John, and that is contradicting the written Word of God.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Guest shiloh357

Yes Peter did that, and that was before he received the Holy Spirit.  Paul told us in Romans seven just how impossible it is for one to not sin, before he or she receives the Holy Spirit.

By the way if you say the a Christian will sin then you are contradicting John, and that is contradicting the written Word of God.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

A better translation says it this way: 

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

(1Jn 3:9) ~ ESV

This is more consistent with the Greek than whatever version you are using.  

The NIV renders it this way:  No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. (I John 3:9)

Again, this is better and agrees with the Greek.  

It refers not to committing a single sin but making habit of sin.

A better translation says it this way: 

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

(1Jn 3:9) ~ ESV

This is more consistent with the Greek than whatever version you are using.  

The NIV renders it this way:  No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. (I John 3:9)

Again, this is better and agrees with the Greek.  

It refers not to committing a single sin but making habit of sin.

**Comment removed**  

No translation of any authorized bible ever made up such a lie.  Your quote contradicts it self.  One does not need to practice sinning.  Paul did not say those who practice sinning would not enter the kingdom of God.  No one who sins will never enter the kingdom of God/Heaven.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Edited by ncn
Uncalled for

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What does light have to do with darkness.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

For all those posting on this thread a reminder.

Check your attitudes as you post, ensuring that what you are posting is exactly what you want to post.

Watch your words. Using passive aggressive statements are just as cutting and demeaning as an outright insult.

If you notice that you are getting heated by another’s response,

walk away from the thread until you know you have His peace back in your life over the issue.

God Bless.

Nigel.