• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Glad to know you are a Christian Brother, . Catch you later

Have to mention

Those verses You just quoted i didn't mention a single one!..  No-one likes to be mis-quoted i know God doesn't ..God Bless

Edited by countingsheep

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

countingsheep, I wasn't quoting you. I was speculating with you.

Ephesians 5:21-33

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

The only time I know of when Christ leaves heaven to be with the church (verse 31) is during the 1000 years of his reign on earth.

You were making a spiritual connection but I was making a connection of the flesh / image because of verse 30 and 31.

Not arguing, nor am I trying to say what the mystery of Christ and Church is for sure -- just saying what I thought it could be based on the only other time I know of that Christ comes to be with Church.

edited to correct misspelling

Edited by Cog

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Cog, you asked for our thoughts and I responded.

Sorry that we cannot see spiritual things the same way.

About the math comment that I don't understand math, actually I earned a BS degree in mathematics in 1967. Haven't used it much lately so I'm forgetting the trig & advanced calculus, but I have been tutoring one of my granddaughters in Algebra so some of that is coming back to me.

Anyway, I think it's time for me to end my participation in this thread because I'm beginning to feel that I might be guilty of falling into contentions & strivings that we are told to avoid by the following scripture.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

john14:6

The "math" comment was not actually about math at all - it was a continuation of the previous sentences' expression. As for your final thought: to say my intentions are just contentions and strivings because you cannot understand what I've said only shows your malice for understanding. This whole time I have tried to get you to understand the answers you have already been given. Where Jesus is the answer manifest by the Spirit, Father is the understanding of the answer. And this is the same thing I was expressing with the "math" analogy. Does your mind not will its understanding into your body to manifest its understanding - is that not its will and its fruit? And does your body not will its images into your mind to give you understanding - so you can see? As I said in another post, the truth is all around us, yes - but then we need to understand the truth to "get it" - and this is the whole point - Father has sent us the Son so that we may know him (Father). I can say it a thousands ways, and as simply as I can, but if you do not wish to understand then you will never see.

And no I am not being contentious nor striving to know foolish laws - I am trying to help you understand.

Bye.

Edited by Cog

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Cog, You do not need to explain anything to me about God or Jesus. I "got it" many years ago.  Excuse me for saying this, but to me your explanations are "nonsense." I will not reply to your post. You can reply with more of your nonsense but you will not hear from me.

John

Okay john14:6.

Just know, I am not mad at you, and if you ever want, you are always welcome to speak to me.