Christian parents donated much of my inheritance

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I often use two sites that look into following money given to ministries.
One called "MinistryWatch.com"
The other "CharityNavigator.org"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have discovered that discussing my situation with strangers to whom I cannot possibly explain the situation in its complexity, has only brought me pain and stirred up more upset. I have considered removing the entire thread but it may bless someone else sometime so I won't.

You cannot possibly know the painful events I have experienced in my life over the past year and a half.

I am greatly saddened that the body of Christ is so abrupt and unkind to its fellow members. Whatever happened to believing the best of people? Why automatically assume I am some sort of covetous ungrateful, spoiled child who is unwilling to work hard to make my way in the world?

It seems that in this age of internet, people feel they can say things they would never say to someone in person that they did not know. We are all accountable to God for every word, written or spoken. I pray that you would think carefully about whether your words are said in haste or in love in the future. It could be enough to push a hurting soul over the edge. I for one am reluctant to use this avenue for advice in the future. To others reading, don't be too offended by others on this forum. Who knows how mature in the faith they are?

I say, go to God with your issue. Unlike people, he doesn't jump to conclusions based on limited experience and is loving, compassionate and understanding.

1 Corinthians 13 for forum advisers: If I have the best advise in the world, but don't have Christ's love, I am a noisy gong or clashing cymbal and will only harm the receiver.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I found this article helpful about handling disappointment:

http://christianity.about.com/od/singlesresources/a/disappointment.htm