Prime Number

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

How many countries has America invaded lately for the purpose of stealing the land, and robbing the civilian population? The key word is lately. America has become the worlds policeman but, I would disagree that all our purposes are evil. In fact, most often we have noble or perhaps even righteous purposes. Yes, I know we need arab oil, but Saddam was beating up on his neighbor Kuwait and they wanted us to help them out. You seem to read history in a light slanted against America at every turn. I agree America has a pagan or even humanist culture, but even humanists have the philosophy that humans are important (relatively), LOL. Just a touch of sarcasm added because I am frankly tired of all the anti-America, anti-Bush retoric.

I know it will continue but, I am just putting my two cents worth in. Seems to me that quite a few of you get your point of view from James Carville (democratic stratagist).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont condone what Sadistic Sadaam Hussein has done by any means...But the reason he supposedly went into Kuwait was because of Shell oil doing directional drilling past the boarders of Kuwait at an angle that put them over 2 miles within Iraqs borders...Is a country's border only a line drawn on the earth??...Or does it go verticaly??

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

Good point Imagsusman. If it were up to me I'd say it's vertical. It's not up to me though.

Lanakila, I don't think our(U.S. government) intentions are as noble as you think. Sure, we usually present a noble front, but there is almost always underlying reasons. With Kuwait, we didn't need the oil, but our allies did, and that was the point of the war. Yeah, we were protecting the little guy, but where were we in Rwanda, or Indonesia? Why didn't we stop the sanctions against Pakistan until we needed their help? It's all about what's good for America.

I would say, Americans are primarily a noble and caring people, but we are self absorbed. It's too bad our government rarely reflects our nobility and caring. It's too bad that Americans seem to care more about Americans than foreigners.

Prime#

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

Saddam has no control over the money he receives for oil sales it is all in the hands of UN monitors.

Anything that Iraq gets has to be ok

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

To point out a few problems here. First of all the US gave over three trillion dollars in humanitarian aid in 2001. That is not counting all the money and supplies donated by churches and individuals. I'll have to look up that number. Second of all the inspectors never finished the job, but were kicked out. So much for Iraq caring about his people. All he had to do was let them finish. Whats he hiding?

Love in Christ

Teri

US aid is rather small Considering America calls money it gives to client states to buy American weaponry humanitarian aid, like Israel, Epypt, and others.

Nowhere near three trillion.

Summary of USAID Fiscal Year 2003 Budget

The President's budget for FY 2003 requests Å°.47 billion for foreign assistance and humanitarian programs managed by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), including those jointly administered with the U.S. Department of State. This represents less than one half of one percent of the President's federal budget request, a nine percent increase over USAID's FY 2002 budget (not including supplemental appropriations).

http://www.usaid.gov/press/releases/2002/fs2003budget.html

Inspectors admitted they would never be able to finish the job, as they would never be able to state that Iraq did not have WMD

The noble intention of the good old USA!

1 Colombia is the most violent country in the world. The vast majority of the terror is committed by the U.S.-supported military and right-wing paramilitary forces

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

Neb is right about the inspectors never being able to finish. Plus the U.S. wanted to keep adding to where the inspectors could go, and what they could inspect. Like private financial documents of Saddams, strategic info, troop movements and numbers. Stuff that had nothing to do with what the inspectors were there for. If we'd have just left it alone, the inspectors could still be there, and we might not be in the mess we are now.

Prime#

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Should I go on?

A source for your information would be nice, otherwise one might suspect it was the communist daily.