justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

does the law of clean and unclean meats apply for Christians today why or why not ?

Guest shiloh357

does the law of clean and unclean meats apply for Christians today why or why not ?

No, they do not apply to Christians.   Those commandments were given to the nation of Israel.  They were never repeated as a commandment to the Church.   They are relevant to us for the purpose of theological insight/lessons, but they are not given as commandment for us to observe in the New Testament economy.

No, they do not apply to Christians.   Those commandments were given to the nation of Israel.  They were never repeated as a commandment to the Church.   They are relevant to us for the purpose of theological insight/lessons, but they are not given as commandment for us to observe in the New Testament economy.

When were they first given to Israel ? thanks 

Edited by justfaith

I dont think its mandatory but if you want to go by it thats fine. God always has our best intrest in mind and any law is for our best interest. I keep it in mind when I eat but I do not totaly follow it. Somewhere in ezekiel God is telling what to put together to bake a bread. All these years later when we have nutritinal analysis man has determined all the things God said to put together make an awesome complete protien, and the health benefits from it are astounding. Also personally, I try not to eat pork because it is one of the most unhealthy and fattening meats out there. If thats all I have though I do eat it. And I also dont eat rare steaks anymore because of the lack of cleanliness in the meat industry and I dont want to catch something. Most cows now eat corn which causes a serious bacteria to grow in the cows insides. This bacteria has killed people in america, usually elderly and children. When the meat was recalled, it was back on the shevles in a couple weeks. The way I see it, God made the laws to help us out, and there are dangers out there. This is another reason I began raising my own meat. My meat is not fed gmo corn, growth hormones, and who knows what else. Many people say oh there is nothing wrong with gmo. And I say I have read reports that say 3 generations straight fed a gmo diet in lab rats and monkeys have caused them to be sterile and can not reproduce. Commercial raised chickens get fed gmo and right now they are having problems with males being infertile. All my roosters are fine(i have 7) and are fed non gmo and come from a place that does not feed gmo. Bottom line, do not trust whats in the grocery stores(pink slime in the meat) and know what you are eating. I think if God says it we should consider it. He is not one to do a bunch of gum bumping. I will say I do not follow everything in the bible on diet, and I do not feel I am wrong as the bible says its not what goes in the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out.

Do you think it is alright for christians to  smoke ? Why or Why not ?

Edited by justfaith

Do you smoke?

I dont  because  itt defile a man 

Edited by justfaith

Its not a good idea, christian or not. It does harm Gods temple. And nicotine causes addiction, which is bondage. And Jesus has this thing for setting the captives free. Although an occasional cigar, to one who has the discipline and maturity to not make it habitual, wouldnt cause addiction. I dont see it as the tobbacco thats bad, I see the damage to health and addiction as bad. Others may not agree with me, but this is my point of view. It is not something I recommend.

I dont because what goes into a man defiles the temple of God thus the verse that says not what goes in does not defile a man must be taken into contxt

Would you eat blood ? taking into account what you said that not what goes  into a man defiles a man  thanks 

Edited by justfaith

Just faith, eating and smoking are two different topics, so context is different. If you want context check out mark 7:19-23

Mark 7:18-19; Matthew 15:11-19

Jesus said: "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man." -

yet we have Acts 21:25King James Version (KJV)

25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Would you eat things offered to idols ?thanks 

Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. 2 Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. 3 But whoever loves God is known by God.[a]

4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

This is from 1 corinthians chapter 8

1 Corinthians 10:19 -22
19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. 2 Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. 3 But whoever loves God is known by God.[a]

4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

This is from 1 corinthians chapter 8

1 corinthians 10

27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

28 But if any man say unto you, this is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I'm 55, and in my lifetime I have never saw anything offered to an idol. What has this scripture to do with today's world?