• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

God wants us to be happy?
God's greatest joy is when we're happy?
We don't worship God but we worship for ourselves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00-6OyXVA0M 

God's greatest joy is our holiness.
We worship God because He is worthy not because it's a benefit to us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Who is she? Hasn't she been on trial for something?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Who is she? Hasn't she been on trial for something?

She is Joel Osteen's wife. A well known "prosperity gospel" feel-good teacher.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Can you give us some highlights, those of us who don't have sound?

+

in part she says:

When we obey God, we're not doing it for God...we're doing it for our self. Because God takes pleasure when we're happy. Do good 'cause God wants you to be happy. When you come to church, when you worship Him, you're not doing it for God, really. You're doing it for yourself because that's what makes God happy.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

in part she says:

When we obey God, we're not doing it for God...we're doing it for our self. Because God takes pleasure when we're happy. Do good 'cause God wants you to be happy. When you come to church, when you worship Him, you're not doing it for God, really. You're doing it for yourself because that's what makes God happy.

so did Cosby disagree w/ that?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I saw it on fb. I didn't know how to post it. GE beat me to it lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

in part she says:

so did Cosby disagree w/ that?

Bill Cosby said that is the dumbest thing I have heard in my life. If you watch the video in the end is actually a clip from cosby sitcom show.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Golden Eagle.....

Why did Jesus pray,why did He do the Will of God ,why did He do anything that He did & we know everything He did was pleasing to our Father .....so He could be happy ,Gods Will was for Jesus to be happy?................She makes ridiculous statements & the clip of Bill Cosby was very fitting ....

Everything we do & say should point to Jesus & give God the Glory,,,,,,,,,,

Joy and happiness are often understood to be the same thing, but, in fact, they’re very different. Happiness is an emotion that is aroused in us when we buy a new car or get a promotion at work. It’s dependent on our circumstances occurring in accordance with our desires. Joy is an emotion that occurs within us when we develop an appreciation/thankfulness for the constants of life, such as nature, freedom, relationships with people, or through having faith in something larger than ourselves                                                                                                                                       © 2005 - 2014 ALIVE PUBLISHING GROUP

Although a dictionary will often define joy as having the same meaning as happiness I believe that may very well be true in this temporal world in which we live but through the eyes  of my Understanding, that I can only attribute to the Holy Spirit ,I look at what is eternal,what is above & what is of God ..............the Joy of the Lord,we can receive this Blessing through Praise & Worship as a by product ,a result of,not the reason for.................We Worship our King ,our Lord,our Sovereign Almighty God our Father because of Who He is & because He first loved us .....He is more than Worthy to be worshipped,created us for this purpose,He is to be revered & He is a Jealous God,we dare not put ourselves before Him.................

By the first commandment we are commanded to offer to God alone the supreme worship that is due Him.

It is written, "The Lord thy God shalt thou worship, and him only shalt thou serve." (Luke 4:8)

I don't see where it says "and then it will make you happy and that is all God wants".................really,Victoria?                       

They need to just stick with motivational speaking if that is what they want to do & not distort Gods Word with silly statements like that !

with love,Kwik