• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

How do you know if you have a calling? Not just a calling as a Christian but to preach? To become a pastor? Can anyone share how they knew? I thought I finally figured out what I was going to do with my life and now I am thinking that it has a lot more to do with God than just music. I recieved an anointment at church about 3 years ago and I am still trying to figure it out. I have come to two things. I am really good with talking to people. I am very articulate when it comes to explaining things to people where other have tried explaining and failed miserably. To me, it has always come so easily and has gotten better with time.

Also, I have a lot of dreams that come to pass months later. I dont know if everyone's six sense is as strong as mine is but it its pretty strong. I think I just need to pay attention more to whats going on in the world. I dreamed about the Tsumani but I thought I was just having nightmares. I also have dreamt of another tragedy going to happen on a monorail that will derail and fall into a body of water and people will drown. The monorail is being built or is still being tested at the moment. (Hasnt happened yet that I know of). This is just an example. I can go on and on. I also have visions when I am awake. I saw a little boy sitting on my friends lap a week before she found out she was pregnant. I did tell her that day that she was pregnant and she was having a boy. Things like that are not uncommon.

I am also a writer of poetry, songs, and stories. I just don't know what I am supposed to do. I asked God to give me a clear sign and I think he has but I am still not too sure. I was recently talking to my friend about prophets for God when I felt the Holy Spirit. I am so confused!!! Someone please give me some advice. Prayers are of course always welcomed!!!

Thank you and God Bless!

Chiquita

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Chiquita, as far as a calling goes, I think you just sort of 'know in your knower....'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I am being called to be a pastor :P Because i feel God tugging at my heart, I'v been witnessing as long as a can remember, I am a people person who can talk to people about anything. And i can feel God telling me to Be a pastor. Its a stonge feeling for me, thats how i know God is calling me. I don't want to call them feelings because there more then feelings and i don't have another word for it at the time. Feelings Lie, but i don't know what to call them, they better then feelings thats all i know, ahh its the Holy Spirit! Their you go!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

I am really blessed of God by the church I attend. My pastor has a program called the "School of Ministry"

The School of Ministry is designed for those among us who feel led of God to prepare for the possibility of a more formal or public ministry. In many cases when people feel led in this manner God is wanting to develop them, but it is not immediately clear as to where and when. The School of Ministry is program designed to help the student submit to the direction of Bishop Hanson as they pursue this dimension of personal development. It is a three-stage series of self-paced assignments, readings, tests and accountability sessions that will help people determine where God wants them to be involved in ministry.

Ultimately, should the Bishop and student both agree that God is leading the student to pursue a license to preach, the completion of this course will have prepared them for that major step. Not all who participate in the program will be preachers, neither will they be automatically licensed upon completion of the course.

The School of Ministry program is only required for those who are seeking to be licensed ministers. Please see Bishop Hanson for additional information.

I have learned so much in the SoM (School of Ministry), but even more importantly I have grown in my walk with the Lord. I had felt a call on my life for many years before joining the SoM, but never understood or believed that God would be calling me to the ministry. Talk to your pastor about the subject. God has put a man in authority over each and every one of us for a reason. God will bless you for submisson to His authority.

A very good book that helped me a lot was "For Preachers Only" by J.T. Pugh. The first chapter is "The Preacher's Call". It is published by Word Aflame Publishing. If you get it, please let me know what you think. :emot-highfive: God Luck.