• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Has anyone ever read Jesse Penn Lewis's book, War On the Saints? I had to order it from a bookstore when I heard about it, but I think it is now available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure you get the unabridged version of War on the Saints. You can read the book on line free. Put War on the Saints - Contents in any search engine and search. Find the website.

While this book by Jesse Penn-Lewis is certainly a good one, some discerning saints have felt that she went too far in her determinations of what is and what is not demon activity. I have read parts of the book and feel that this discernment is not far off at all. I have met Christians who have read this book and gone too far themselves. For example, one sister in our locality read this book and became convinced that a man who was meeting with us had a demon because he wore sunglasses inside. She claimed that demons don't like to show their eyes, or epose them to the light too much. Well, those of us who actually knew the brother were well aware why he wore sunglasses inside: He had a terrible accident with a chain saw several years ago, and had to wear them because his eyes were extremely sensitive to light.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am looking for a book called Grappling with the Hosts of Hell by Win Worley.

It is hard to find. It is not available at any book store or www.hbcdelivers.org because it is being revised. I would like to find the original book. Can anyone help me find this book I would like to buy it ? I will use the information in the book to help others free of charge.

Deliverance Minister,

Helena

Here's an ebay link for a book called Battling with the Hosts of Hell. Could this be the book you're looking for? It's by Win Worley. http://cgi.ebay.com/Battling-the-Hosts-of-...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Did you ever find that book and can you help me with some info on it.

Is it more toward chaismatic line of thought or less Charismatic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Be careful when reading books that you do not begin to substitute true biblical teaching with NON biblically referenced Experience.

Before you know it, you will using these books as your guide and NOT the bible.......Even with a smattering of scripture you still ought to be careful.....One scripture ought to be taken in the light of ALL other scriptures. No one knows better how to use the bible against you than the devil himself.

In the temptation experience in the wilderness satan tempted Jesus to kill himself, to throw himself down and used Psalm 91 as the reference that Gods Angels would catch him--If he truly is the son of God. I wonder why he didnt quote the next verse however....."You shall trample the lion and the serpent."

Satan conveniently forgot that bit......

See how if you KNOW Gods Word it is powerful......

To know it in its true context is even MORE powerful.....Jesus answer for everything is....."It is WRITTEN" That is why the Bible is the Sword of the Spirit, mighty for the breaking down of strongholds. :thumbsup::24::24:

Regards,

Ben.

Edited by redeemed098

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I am looking for a book called Grappling with the Hosts of Hell by Win Worley.

It is hard to find. It is not available at any book store or www.hbcdelivers.org because it is being revised. I would like to find the original book. Can anyone help me find this book I would like to buy it ? I will use the information in the book to help others free of charge.

Deliverance Minister,

Helena

Thank you Helena for your ministry to the saints..

there are so many who do not know the work of the demons in thier lives..

our eyes need to be opend to the work of the enemy before deliverance can come to us...

once we see them their days are numbered in our lives... Praise God! :emot-pray:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  62

I am looking for a book called ....."There might be a demon in your coffee"........I am also looking for the title...."How to bless the water in your shower, and other useful christian incantations"......

and my buddy just turned me on to one called....."How to be a fully afraid, and worried believer"

Oh yeah...and one called "If you feel calm - that just might be the devil"

Oh and...."what to do- if you've incorectly blessed your phone" one clip from that book reads...."It was then I realised, I had prayed incorrectly over my phone.....as calls from telemarketers multiplied.....I then heard the voice of God..and it said...these callers only come forth by much prayer and fasting. I was relieved to see I hadn't blessed my phone incorrectly at all. I soon began my fast against the spirit of evil callers...and heard a voice from heaven exclaiming....know ye not , that satan is an angel of dialtones?""

I thank God for these books....and those who teach it all......I gotta go now...cause I have to pray against the spirit of being late to work...and the spirit of backing out of the driveway...and the spirit of redlights....and the spirit of grumpy boss.....and the spirit of income tax.

These are great books! :emot-pray:

:24::24:;):thumbsup::wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  62

The best book I have found on this subject (other than the Bible, of course) is The Covering by Hank Hanegraaff.

Although... it sits on my book shelf between The Idiots Guide to Understanding Judaism and My Little Book of Gargoyles. I wonder if the Jewish spirit from one book and the evil gargoyle spirit from the other book has somehow infected my little book on God's plan to protect me from evil? :emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I am looking for a book called ....."There might be a demon in your coffee"........I am also looking for the title...."How to bless the water in your shower, and other useful christian incantations"......

and my buddy just turned me on to one called....."How to be a fully afraid, and worried believer"

Oh yeah...and one called "If you feel calm - that just might be the devil"

Oh and...."what to do- if you've incorectly blessed your phone" one clip from that book reads...."It was then I realised, I had prayed incorrectly over my phone.....as calls from telemarketers multiplied.....I then heard the voice of God..and it said...these callers only come forth by much prayer and fasting. I was relieved to see I hadn't blessed my phone incorrectly at all. I soon began my fast against the spirit of evil callers...and heard a voice from heaven exclaiming....know ye not , that satan is an angel of dialtones?""

I thank God for these books....and those who teach it all......I gotta go now...cause I have to pray against the spirit of being late to work...and the spirit of backing out of the driveway...and the spirit of redlights....and the spirit of grumpy boss.....and the spirit of income tax.

These are great books! :emot-pray:

Clever :24:

I am generally skeptical of such books (not the ones mentioned in the post I quoted :24:) because:

1) There isn't a lot of information in the Bible on demons

2) Many of the conclusions drawn are from "experience" and not Biblical standards

3) It generally turns into nothing more than a witch hunt, as Ovedya pointed out, and can ruin our witness

4) If you have Christ, does it really matter?

The thing is, yes we will face spiritual warfare, but honestly if you have Christ do you really need a method to combat it?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

The first time I saw a demon spirit I was very glad indeed to have folks around me who knew what was going on...

We need understanding sometimes that we do not have from our own experience...

and the reason for the books from those who know from their experience is because Scripture may not have all the answers we need in dealing with them...

I am sure the personality of the person who is writing is in the book but that is so of anyone who writes...

I do not think there is anyone who completely agrees with anyone else...

we read books on faith and love and hope and and many other aspects of our Christian walk why not on demons and deliverance? :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

The first time I saw a demon spirit I was very glad indeed to have folks around me who knew what was going on...

We need understanding sometimes that we do not have from our own experience...

and the reason for the books from those who know from their experience is because Scripture may not have all the answers we need in dealing with them...

I am sure the personality of the person who is writing is in the book but that is so of anyone who writes...

I do not think there is anyone who completely agrees with anyone else...

we read books on faith and love and hope and and many other aspects of our Christian walk why not on demons and deliverance? :21:

I totally agree. :24:

There is a book I'm reading on spiritual warfare. It's "Pigs in the Parlor" by Frank Hammond. So far, it seems to be pretty good and biblically sound.