• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Seems to be that God judges people as individuals, not as groups or statistics. :emot-hug:

No doubt, divorce is sinful. But sometimes the sin in a divorce is from the other party. It may be that other person was the adulterer, or whatever. :whistling: The NT says that if your spouse desires to leave you, then let them leave. You are not obligated under such circumstances.

In any event, sin is sin is sin. Seems silly to single out one particular sin and say that this is the one sin we won't tolerate.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm divorced and thank God daily for getting me and my children OUT of that situation. He lied, stole, cheated, was a drunk and a drug abuser and committed adultery at the drop of a hat.

I was stupid, I married a "recreational" drug user who turned into a drug addict. I tried drugs for awhile myself, being stupid! When I decided I wanted kids, I quit, and then after the kids started arriving saw what kind of home I had brought them into.

When he left, the kids and my lives improved 500 percent! Bills got paid, there was always food in the house and the electricity and water and phone actually stayed on instead of being cut off for days at a time.

I've been single for 21 years, dated "some" when I first got divorced but found I liked being by myself much better! So I choose to be single. I answer to God, my children and my family and myself. I woudn't have it any other way!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I've been single for 21 years, dated "some" when I first got divorced but found I liked being by myself much better!  So I choose to be single.  I answer to God, my children and my family and myself.  I woudn't have it any other way!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You go, girlfriend! :whistling: I wish I was that strong. I'm not.

I married a few years ago. The lonliness of being single was unbearable. With most of my family deceased, I had nobody but my cats....Today I have a mate God chose for me.

I always admire a sister who can go it alone. It takes a strong woman to do that. :emot-hug:

well I find it ironic

First: whatever happens to ANY of us before we come to Christ is ancient history. If that applies to the Apostle Paul, it applies to us all...both then and now.

If a man is preaching at the pulpit today and he's been through a divorce, one should get the facts. Did his wife leave him against his wishes? Did she commit adultery?

Regardless of the reason, if you believe a man (or woman) lacks wisdom, put no confidence in their counsel.

Just for the record:

How many of us have sinned in our hearts?

How many of us have lusted after a man/woman secretly?

How many have thought evil or hateful thoughts about someone?

How many have failed to forgive someone who's hurt or offended us?

How many have gone to websites and indulged in impure or immoral activities?

How many have wasted time on the job and got paid for it?

How many people have padded their expense accounts or cheated on their taxes?

How many have been disrespectful of their parents?

How many have abused drugs or alcohol?

The point is this:

We've all got plenty of our own sin to worry with; maybe it's best not to focus too much with the sin of others.

If a pastor has bad fruit, find another.

Hi, Brother David...that it true. Still, how does anyone know he's had 4 divorces?

Who's seen the divorce decrees? There's so much disinformation and tabloid heresay, I put little confidence in what most people say.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Hal Lindsey is currently married to his fourth wife, having divorced his previous three. On the back cover of the sixth printing of his 1974 book, There's a New World Coming, is a picture of Lindsey with his second wife, Jan. (Jan is the mother of Hal's three grown daughters.) He also dedicates the book to "my best pal, my wife Jan ..." However, "best pal" Jan is gone from the back cover of the book's 1984 "updated" edition, as is the dedication to her. A later Lindsey' book, Planet Earth--2000 A.D. (18 million in circulation as of 1/95), carries a picture of Hal and his third wife, Kim, who is approximately 25 years his junior. (Kim is the sister of author Johanna Michaelsen, and the sister-in-law of Tetelestai Center's Associate Pastor, Randy Michaelsen.) After dumping Kim, Hal is now married to wife #4, JoLyn, a member of Tetelestai and in a Bible class taught by Lindsey when she was evidently "discovered" by Hal.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/expose...sey/lindsey.htm

since this was written Mr. Lindsey has been divorced by Kim and is now married to some one else, so no it is not gossip and I have met 2 of his wives

Mike Warneke is also working on his fourth wife

and it goes on and on where do you draw the line

yes I agree there are some times when divorce is necessay for survival for peace of mind but come on 3 or 4 wives and still teaching preaching . ????

In Christ

IreneM

It's probably best then to not buy his books or watch his TV show.