Arka

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

There are a lot of Rich people in the Bible that are faithful servant of God. Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Job, David, Solomon. All are rich and are blessed. Nothing wrong with being wealthy, how you use the wealth reflect what your relationship with God is, and that is what matters.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

There is evidence in the NT too of Christians owning property. Mary, John Mark's mom, owned a house. Philemon owned a house. Prisca and Aquilla owned a house.

Acts 12:12

When he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many were gathered together and were praying.

Phil 1:1b-2

To Philemon our beloved fellow worker; And Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house:

Rom. 16:3-5

Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, who risked their necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks but all the churches of the Gentiles give thanks as well. Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in Asia. 

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There are a lot of Rich people in the Bible that are faithful servant of God. Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Job, David, Solomon. All are rich and are blessed. Nothing wrong with being wealthy, how you use the wealth reflect what your relationship with God is, and that is what matters.

There is evidence in the NT too of Christians owning property. Mary, John Mark's mom, owned a house. Philemon owned a house. Prisca and Aquilla owned a house.Acts 12:12When he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many were gathered together and were praying.Phil 1:1b-2To Philemon our beloved fellow worker; And Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house:

Rom. 16:3-5Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, who risked their necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks but all the churches of the Gentiles give thanks as well. Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in Asia. 

God bless,

GE

I find it disconcerting that which Christ warned of in this-

Matthew 19:24-25 (KJV)

[24] And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

[25] When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

I wonder why they didn't argue with the same as some- Abraham, Job, etc. was rich? Instead it was

"who can be saved?" Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

There is evidence in the NT too of Christians owning property. Mary, John Mark's mom, owned a house. Philemon owned a house. Prisca and Aquilla owned a house.

Acts 12:12When he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many were gathered together and were praying.

Phil 1:1b-2To Philemon our beloved fellow worker; And Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house:

Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, who risked their necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks but all the churches of the Gentiles give thanks as well. Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in Asia. 

God bless,

GE

[24] And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

[25] When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

I wonder why they didn't argue with the same as some- Abraham, Job, etc. was rich? Instead it was

Again context is important in that passage of Matthew 19. The point of the passage was that the rich young man loved his possessions more than he loved God. It was idolatry in it's most basic form.

But you didn't address the examples given from the NT Enoob.

It can be clearly seen from the text that Philemon, Prisca (Priscilla) & Aquilla were Believers that were wealthy as they owned their own homes.

John Mark's mother Mary could be argued to be a Believer as well.

You discarded OT examples in a previous post so I provided NT examples:

I explained to you why I believe we cannot use OT examples toward wealth brought forward today as they did not have

the Revelation of NT teaching of all God is going to do unto eternity...

Also interested in your thoughts on my

God bless,

GE

Blessings to Everyone!!!!!

I do love Fez's reply,,,,shall we go back there for one moment,is that okay?

Only when we have poisoned all our rivers, modified all our food, and killed all our trees, will we come to the realization that we cannot eat money...

posted by Fez

I believe it was Willa that said "we are simply Gods stewards".....ah,yes indeed   We cannot eat money,drink money,wear money or sleep under it to shelter us from the elements but yet it is essential for living in this world,,,but where does it come from?It all belongs to our Heavenly Father,everything that is made is made from Him,He made everything that makes a dollar bill,he makes the gold in which that bill represents ........and then we learn in His Word that "none should lack",,,,,,,,,,,,is it okay to have excess,yep.....but why does one have excess while one is in need?Can it be that the one has excess so that they can give to the one in need? I think that is good & right!!!!!Does one really need $30,000,000. dollars in the bank while an elderly widow cannot feed herself & has nowhere to sleep ?I don't believe that is good & right!

I have sat on both sides of the fence,some good decisions ,some bad decisions & I will tell you,,,,God will allow you to be humbled to your knees if you really think with your flesh & you are so Blessed to be loved & chastised,to be taught the true meaning of wealth & yes,it is a matter of the heart & has nothing to do with money,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise & Glory to God,I have learned to be content in every situation,,,,His Grace is sufficient & I am overflowing with riches.................                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

I am right there with you Sis... Those around us who have lack! The excess would become our judge... Love, Steven

Acts 12:12When he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many were gathered together and were praying.

Phil 1:1b-2To Philemon our beloved fellow worker; And Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house:

God bless,

GE

Again context is important in that passage of Matthew 19. The point of the passage was that the rich young man loved his possessions more than he loved God. It was idolatry in it's most basic form.

But you didn't address the examples given from the NT Enoob.

It can be clearly seen from the text that Philemon, Prisca (Priscilla) & Aquilla were Believers that were wealthy as they owned their own homes.

John Mark's mother Mary could be argued to be a Believer as well.

You discarded OT examples in a previous post so I provided NT examples:

I explained to you why I believe we cannot use OT examples toward wealth brought forward today as they did not have

the Revelation of NT teaching of all God is going to do unto eternity...

Also interested in your thoughts on my

God bless,

GE

The basic understanding is the disciples response... they were amazed in Jesus' teaching on

wealth "who then can be saved?" The New Testament is a transitory response from law to grace... the

fullness of time in which Jesus told us all things The Father plans in accord to future event into

eternity. This was not so in the OT and we must implement the revelatory responsibilities they held

as not the same as we hold today! If we don't we do not understand this

Luke 12:48

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes,

shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given,

of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much,

of him they will ask the more.

KJV

As we have The Very God >The Holy Spirit< within us as a possession for all eternity as no other time

in the histories with a complete revelation of what God plans to do- we bare the responsibilities of

this "to whom much is given"...

Peter is directly speaking to us here in this regard from all other times

1 Peter 1:9-13

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched

diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which

was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings

of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 12 Unto whom it was

revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the

things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached

the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which

things the angels desire to look into. 13 Wherefore gird up the loins

of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to

be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

KJV

As you know the formation of these letters The Living New Testament whereby we are foundationed

in the excellencies of His Word that will not pass away... summarized to this very extent-> give

Glory to God by taking on the things that is (specific listed) as eternal keepings of God and

give no place to that which He keeps not. Peter put it this way-

2 Peter 3:11-13

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner

of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein

the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall

melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise,

look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

KJV

It is very simple what manner ought we to be

Col 3:1-2

3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above,

where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on

things above, not on things on the earth.

KJV

I know the system and the consuming nature of commitment to obtaining wealth... I simply

do not find any value in that pursuit! Rather I wish to walk in the freedom realities

Jesus has formed for us in Spirit and live where I am not in body yet as I am already in

s(S)pirit. This is life and peace for me and it is so glorious as unfettered to that which ends

and invested completely into that which last forever :) Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It's not sin to be rich - It's sin to be greedy, let the love of money take over, and not give to the poor.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

I feel that a lot of times some Christians preach against the wealthy out of envy or as excuse to not be financially educated themselves. This is just the same as what is happening in the general public, blaming their own failures on hardworking wealthy people, and trying to bring them down to their level by either force distribution or other means. Also being wealthy doesn't just having money (paper money is just an illusion really), it means having control or ownership. I would not think it would be wise for Christian company owners to sell all their assets, when they could make more positive impact representing Christian values through their company. 

There are preachers that preach against the rich and wealthy, then when they need financial support turns right back to those same people for assistance.

I feel that a lot of times some Christians preach against the wealthy out of envy or as excuse to not be financially educated themselves. This is just the same as what is happening in the general public, blaming their own failures on hardworking wealthy people, and trying to bring them down to their level by either force distribution or other means. Also being wealthy doesn't just having money (paper money is just an illusion really), it means having control or ownership. I would not think it would be wise for Christian company owners to sell all their assets, when they could make more positive impact representing Christian values through their company. 

There are preachers that preach against the rich and wealthy, then when they need financial support turns right back to those same people for assistance.

One need only to study Jesus' life to see He was completely unfettered by the foray of the above thinking...

Matt 22:17-21

17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?

18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? 19 Shew

me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 20 And he saith unto them, Whose is

this image and superscription? 21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them,

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

KJV

Divided out here by Jesus is a clear distinction of the possessive nature of money... as Jesus taught

that monetary system would not continue-

Isa 55:1-3

55 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye,

buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Wherefore do

ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not?

hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself

in fatness. 3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will

make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

KJV

Imagine a value system completely comprised of the unlimited nature of God ... the monetary system could

not and will not exist-> for how could that which is least and that which is greatest be the same in an

eternal plain? This is where we must spend our time in preparing our hearts or else 'how will Christ know us?'...

We are not home family and this system is not set up for are progress toward that home nor does it yield to

the ease of obtaining as suggested by God here-

Matt 6:31-34

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal

shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father

knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his

righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the

morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the

evil thereof.

KJV

rather the persuasive posture of wealth is this way

Luke 12:16-31

16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth

plentifully: 17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where

to bestow my fruits? 18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater;

and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast

much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto

him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be,

which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward

God. 22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life,

what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23 The life is more than meat, and

the body is more than raiment. 24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither

have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 26 If ye then be not able t

o do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies how they grow:

they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed

like one of these. 28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow

is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? 29 And seek not ye

what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 30 For all these things

do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

KJV

These teachings of The Lord are juxtaposed to the system we are in :)

Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

I hope you didn't quote Luke to show that you ought not to work or plan for the future. God require everyone to work ever sense He created us starting with the first job in the Eden. It is irresponsible to not plan for the future, the key is not to worry about it and put it in God's hands. I am quiet confused at what point you are trying to make.

2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 ESV

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.

I hope you don't luke to show that you ought not to work or plan for the future. God require everyone to work ever sense He created us starting with the first job in the Eden. It is irresponsible to not plan for the future, the key is not to worry about it and put it in God's hands. I am quiet confused at what point you are trying to make.

2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 ESV

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.

Be obedient to the following of The Lord in imitation as we are told by Paul

1 Cor 10:33-11:1

33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit,

but the profit of many, that they may be saved. 11 Be ye followers of

me, even as I also am of Christ.

KJV

We must start here when we have died with Christ

Matt 4:4

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread

alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

KJV

This is the obedience of the Luke Passage... The

Scripture doesn't become clear to the mind till we dismiss the useless

stuff that is in place of 1st born realities... the commitment level to The

Lord cannot be anything less than all. Satan knows this so he ushers in

rational of world and system -however- we are to be without influence of

such if we are walking in obedience to our Lord in present state of mind

Col 3:1-2

3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where

Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above,

not on things on the earth.

KJV