• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

but I do come here ... even here its not all roses and candy

N offers sevenseas a  :57_57: , you only had to ask. 

:24:

(Sorry couldn't resist) 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

I guess its all the bad I am speaking of seven. I just don't use facebook. In my opinion and what I know of My Lords word. I see how He spread the gospel and it wasn't through modern day technology. But through blood, sweat, and tears... our Lord made Himself known to the world. Each day before He went to the cross, He was already carrying it through the valleys and fields... through the desert and in the mountains. He is our example, and He is the same yesterday... today... and forever!

Edited by Mswright6488

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I guess its all the bad I am speaking of seven. I just don't use facebook. In my opinion and what I know of My Lords word. I see how He spread the gospel and it wasn't through modern day technology. But through blood, sweat, and tears... our Lord made Himself known to the world. Each day before He went to the cross, He was already carrying it through the valleys and fields... through the desert and in the mountains. He is our example, and He is the same today... yesterday... and forever.

I agree with you about Facebook and my advice to anybody who has not joined Facebook is to stay away from it. It is definitely a transmitter of evil.

However, if more and more Christians hijacked it, it would become a force for the good.

It's not the media, it's who uses it and why they use it. Unfortunately the very concept of Facebook is about pride. 'Look at me everybody'. It's all me, me, me.

It's inevitable then that it is going to attract the wrong sort of people.

Amen to that Oakwood.... Thank you for understanding exactly what I am trying to say... I am really not trying to cause a problem. Just to help the world to realize that our Lord is holy and we are to be so careful what we do and where we go on the internet... or anywhere for that matter. Something that seems so innocent is really just the opposite.

When the radio was first invented , I wonder how many people said that as media it would be evil? 

Ask yourself this. 

How many people heard the Gospel through the airwaves ? 

How many people for the first time heard a sermon ?

Social media is about how we use it, our TV has a remote that has two buttons , on/off. 

The Internet is the same , you choose how you use it , to Glorify God or not. 

Without the Internet we would have no Worthy Christians Forum or chat room . 

its not the internet.. because places like worthy are what people need.. True Christian sites are what we need if internet must be. We should stand against the evil and wrong doing. Whoever created facebook, twitter and so on... meant it for evil and so in my opinion, it should not exist at all. If these places were to glorify our Lord...( but they don't and have no intensions of ever doing that). then I would be ok with it. If God is not in the whole thing... I will be no where near it.  I cannot take that chance in my walk.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  566
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1985

Maybe you need a Faithbook account

**Link removed""

Edited by ncn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/13/1955

Like everything else it is what you make of it. Social media can be used for ministry.. or evil, so if you make it evil it is evil. God will use what He needs to use to reach His children. Never put restrictions on the Lord.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Sorry MsWright, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOUR PRIOR COMMENTS.

The first thought is Worthy is social media.  This is truly something that JESUS DOES USE, contrary to your comments in the title of this post.  Where your thinking is, I have no idea. 

Secondly, Social Media such as Facebook is what WE EACH MAKE OF OUR OWN FACEBOOK PAGE.  If we have stupid posts, we will get stupid posts.  If we have vulgar posts, we will get vulgar posts.  It is what WE make of it, I repeat.

Facebook is as much of a ministry if we choose to make it that way.  I have had facebook over 4 years and it truly is a ministry.  I have over 200 friends all of which but probably 5% I do not know personally.  All others I KNOW  or have known personally, many for many years.  It is a blessing when positive posts are made, SCRIPTURE, Encouraging posts, and the like.  I am blessed by the ability to use this venue for sharing the Gospel.  I know even unsaved friends read what I post and my other friend post, by clicking "like" and/or comments they made. 

So your comment "Jesus does not use Social Media' is really an oxymoron (if that is the correct word).  I would think of your comments on this SOCIAL MEDIA.  :)

Like everything else it is what you make of it. Social media can be used for ministry.. or evil, so if you make it evil it is evil. God will use what He needs to use to reach His children. Never put restrictions on the Lord.

Sorry MsWright, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOUR PRIOR COMMENTS.

The first thought is Worthy is social media.  This is truly something that JESUS DOES USE, contrary to your comments in the title of this post.  Where your thinking is, I have no idea. 

Secondly, Social Media such as Facebook is what WE EACH MAKE OF OUR OWN FACEBOOK PAGE.  If we have stupid posts, we will get stupid posts.  If we have vulgar posts, we will get vulgar posts.  It is what WE make of it, I repeat.

Facebook is as much of a ministry if we choose to make it that way.  I have had facebook over 4 years and it truly is a ministry.  I have over 200 friends all of which but probably 5% I do not know personally.  All others I KNOW  or have known personally, many for many years.  It is a blessing when positive posts are made, SCRIPTURE, Encouraging posts, and the like.  I am blessed by the ability to use this venue for sharing the Gospel.  I know even unsaved friends read what I post and my other friend post, by clicking "like" and/or comments they made. 

So your comment "Jesus does not use Social Media' is really an oxymoron (if that is the correct word).  I would think of your comments on this SOCIAL MEDIA.  :)

Amen to both of you.   :thumbsup:

Laura your fb page encourages and brings Glory to HIS name.