ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

This is why we need mandatory quarantine. Because of selfish people like this nurse.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/kaci-hickox-follow-maine-ebola-quarantine-rule-lawyer/story?id=26501921

yeah, i posted a thread about her yesterday. heck, i thought you even were participating in that thread! i hate to say this, i do, but the thought has been on my mind since i heard about her yesterday. a part of me (don't stone me) hopes she comes down with it. i know that sounds hateful, but i can't help it. i want her to have egg on her face for whining about her "basic human rights" that are so much more important than the rights of those around her.

ok, i'm going to bed before i get really beaten up on this thread for saying it.

It is understandable why you feel that way LadyC.  It is not right, but I fully understand it.  This woman needs to be taken into custody, and forced to remain in quarantine for at least 21 days.  I really don't understand this woman.  She is supposed to be compassionate so she goes to assist people that are sick, and then she returns to America and puts people in danger so she won't have to deal with 3 weeks of some discomfort. 

Yes I was part of your thread, but this is about her refusing to stay home in maine. Not just complaining about her quarantine in nj.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Well, there's nothing that says a nurse can't be a sociopath.
If anything this woman supports closing points of entry into the U.S. for any flight that had any link whatever to Ebola contagion areas abroad.

Meanwhile, this woman should be taken into custody under the authority of the NDAA and handcuffed to a hospital bed if necessary. She's potentially a public health menace that demonstrates a depraved indifference to that reality. She shouldn't have a choice. She's licensed by the state to be a nurse. She must obey the mandates.

i need to go back and watch the video more carefully. i was only half listening to it when i clicked the link to it. i did hear them say something about the college her boyfriend attends said he'll be prohibited from coming to school if he has any direct contact with her until they are both cleared after a 21 day quarantine. i thought that was interesting. i'm sure he'll be joining her lawsuit.

i was listening to christian talk radio on some station yesterday, and the show's host brought up a good point. kaci was using all sorts of legalistic words... "flagrant abuse' and egregious violation" i think were the two terms. the host said she seriously doubts kaci came up with that on her own, and suspects that she wasn't the one to contact a lawyer at all, but that perhaps a lawyer contacted her and said "hey, i think we should take on the state! here's what you need to say".

for the record, i wouldn't want kaci to die from it. just want her complaints to be stopped cold, her lawsuit to be dropped, and the quarantine to be justified. otherwise we're only seeing the beginning of how selfish and entitled people can be, and it will likely be that selfishness that leads us into a pandemic.

If she's allowed to do this she sets a precedent. Then what?

A few years ago when that deadly flu strain was claiming victims in the states a woman walked into a small store here and started open mouth coughing as she walked the entire store. While doing this, without covering her mouth, she'd announce in every new area that she had the flu.

I left the store because I didn't want to get arrested when she came to my aisle and open mouth coughed on me.

No one followed. That said a lot for the apathy of people who readily told her she should be covering her mouth and not even be in the store.

Ebola is a heck of a lot more serious than that. If a woman who could be infected and not symptomatic yet can refuse quarantine, not having a conscience and caring nothing for her family , friends, co-workers, the public, and win her case she's going to set the precedent for others to follow her lead. Not just health care workers but the lay public.

I think back to that woman in the store with just the flu. Can you imagine viral warfare like that happening in America? We don't close our points of entry. All someone has to do is contract the virus abroad, enter the US because no one in power cares to stop that, and venture to major cities open mouth coughing, spitting, touching public facilities, like bathroom door handles, etc.. when they're in the fever stage and what happens?

It's like the human dirty bomb.

If she's allowed to do this she sets a precedent. Then what?

A few years ago when that deadly flu strain was claiming victims in the states a woman walked into a small store here and started open mouth coughing as she walked the entire store. While doing this, without covering her mouth, she'd announce in every new area that she had the flu.

I left the store because I didn't want to get arrested when she came to my aisle and open mouth coughed on me.

No one followed. That said a lot for the apathy of people who readily told her she should be covering her mouth and not even be in the store.

Ebola is a heck of a lot more serious than that. If a woman who could be infected and not symptomatic yet can refuse quarantine, not having a conscience and caring nothing for her family , friends, co-workers, the public, and win her case she's going to set the precedent for others to follow her lead. Not just health care workers but the lay public.

I think back to that woman in the store with just the flu. Can you imagine viral warfare like that happening in America? We don't close our points of entry. All someone has to do is contract the virus abroad, enter the US because no one in power cares to stop that, and venture to major cities open mouth coughing, spitting, touching public facilities, like bathroom door handles, etc.. when they're in the fever stage and what happens?

It's like the human dirty bomb.

Enterovirus D68, endemic to central and south america. It is also killing and paralyzing kids all across the us. Docs are quite concerned.

Yes, I know. And how did it arrive here? 

This enemy in our White house is part of the problem. Not at all part of the solution. Secure the border at all costs.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

I posted this before, but it is worthwhile posting it again. It is very clear that Federal, State and cities or tribal territories have the authority to quarantine people. Remembering that quarantine is restricting a persons movement who is not yet sick but may have come into contact with a contagious person. The quarantine is to ensure the person does not become sick and spread the contagion. An order at any level to require quarantine is legal and there are penalties for refusing to comply. The question is, why are groups backing down?     

Federal Law

The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

CDC’s Role

Under 42 Code of Federal Regulations parts 70 and 71, CDC is authorized to detain, medically examine, and release persons arriving into the United States and traveling between states who are suspected of carrying these communicable diseases.

As part of its federal authority, CDC routinely monitors persons arriving at U.S. land border crossings and passengers and crew arriving at U.S. ports of entry for signs or symptoms of communicable diseases.

When alerted about an ill passenger or crew member by the pilot of a plane or captain of a ship, CDC may detain passengers and crew as necessary to investigate whether the cause of the illness on board is a communicable disease.

State, Local, and Tribal Law

States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

These laws can vary from state to state and can be specific or broad. In some states, local health authorities implement state law. In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a criminal misdemeanor.

Tribes also have police power authority to take actions that promote the health, safety, and welfare of their own tribal members. Tribal health authorities may enforce their own isolation and quarantine laws within tribal lands, if such laws exist.

Who Is in Charge The federal government

• Acts to prevent the entry of communicable diseases into the United States. Quarantine and isolation may be used at U.S. ports of entry.
  • Is authorized to take measures to prevent the spread of communicable diseases between states.
  • May accept state and local assistance in enforcing federal quarantine.
  • May assist state and local authorities in preventing the spread of communicable diseases.

State, local, and tribal authorities

• Enforce isolation and quarantine within their borders.

It is possible for federal, state, local, and tribal health authorities to have and use all at the same time separate but coexisting legal quarantine power in certain events. In the event of a conflict, federal law is supreme.

Enforcement

If a quarantinable disease is suspected or identified, CDC may issue a federal isolation or quarantine order.

Public health authorities at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels may sometimes seek help from police or other law enforcement officers to enforce a public health order.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Coast Guard officers are authorized to help enforce federal quarantine orders.

Breaking a federal quarantine order is punishable by fines and imprisonment.

Federal law allows the conditional release of persons from quarantine if they comply with medical monitoring and surveillance.

Federal Quarantine Rarely used

Large-scale isolation and quarantine was last enforced during the influenza (“Spanish Flu”) pandemic in 1918–1919. In recent history, only a few public health events have prompted federal isolation or quarantine orders.