Guest countrygal65

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey about a year ago i fell into the wrong group of people before finding my way back on track. Unfortunately in many parts of the world young teens bend to peer pressure and take drugs. The only thing that got be back on track was knowing that my parents where their to help me and talk to me without being judged by them.

The bible says (im paraphrasing) dont judge others as you will be judged the same in the presence of god.

a young person needs to fill safe talking to their parents and knowing they wont loose their temper.

all i can say is be their for him and let him know that if he ever needs help or someone to talk to that you are there.

i wish you all the best and i will prey for you. :) 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I have a 14 year old son who recently started hanging out with a 'rough' crowd about a year ago. I tried to make him stop hanging out with such bad kids and come socialize with kids at the church youth group, but he refused. One night he came home and reeked of 'weed pot'. I immediately made him empty his pockets and I was horrified to find a baggy of the illegal substance. I immediately grounded him and I have been bringing him to church and made him join the youth group but nothing seemed to help. One day about two weeks ago I got home from work. I walked inside to find my son passed out in the living room floor with a glass pipe near by, full of the illegal 'grass'. This time, I had had enough. I called the local church and got the number to a nearby detox center. It is a christian oriented one, so I thought that was great. He starts on Wednesday, but I am very worried. I can see a total change in his demeanor. He is much more angry now, and he has even began to curse, and become physical at times. I am worried that the 'weed tokes' have somehow frazzled his brain. I come here for prayer, and advice of what else I can do when he gets home from the detox center? How can I use Jesus to solve this terrible issue? I fear that my son is addicted ):

I might add a 14 year old shouldn't be able to chose the people they hang around with, if you can see they're a rough crowd, once they start driving that's where you loose most of that kind of control

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

Careful you are not pushing too hard.  I dont want to make light of the situation, but it could be worse.  We all have to learn our own path.  Wisdom is not passed down, it is learned from actions. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  17

I'm a teen too! Has your son been any better? There is a lot of pot where I'm from! Most teens don't even think its a big deal. I hope he is getting better

Katy

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

I'm not sure how helpful I can be because I don't have kids however I am an addict or an ex addict thanks to the grace of God. All I can really tell you is this. my family put me in several treatment centers, tried to push church at me and all it did was push me further away from them and closer to my addictions. Speaking from experience it divided my family and I very deeply.

however my mom and dad never quit praying for me even when I ended up in prison for almost 13 years they never quit praying, that is the most powerful tool or weapon that you have and asking others to pray for you and your son also, because now even though I'm 42 years old and I wasted a lot of my life, before I moved on from this life I found the grace of the cross. You and your son will be in my prayers.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11

He needs lots of support when he gets out.  May I recommend Narcotics Anonymous?  It is a twelve step group that is God centered.  The meetings and the support he gets will be very valuable for him.  I doubt weather anything has happened to his brain.  I think the rough crowd probably has influenced his demeanor instead.  He is very young and I also suggest counseling for him to help him to live a better life.  You have done all the right things so far.

Good advice. narcotics anonymous is great!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

Depending upon the seriousness of what's going on, you may want to check out Teen Challenge.  It is Christ-centered treatment.

http://teenchallengeusa.com/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Locking this thread.  The OP has not been back since posting this question, and we are beginning to get some very worldly answers, all which have been deleted.