IGNORED

Is the trinity in the Bible?

SUS

How can one correctly frame it...

:thumbsup:

Jesus

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: Deuteronomy 6:4

Is LORD

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Guest shiloh357

The moderator was addressing your spurious and degrading comment about the Trinity being pagan.

You can't answer the question because you don't understand the Trinity and this is just an attempt to draw attention away from you ignorance of the doctrine.  When put the test, you demonstrate that you are not able to explain what those who hold to the doctrine truly believe.

As for question, it is the usual response from false teachers to grab statements out of context and string them together like lights on a Christmas tree.    The point I was making is that none of us have to have all of our theology intact before we are saved.    God doesn't expect us to know everything we should know in order to get saved.  We will continue to grow in our knowledge after we are saved.

I agree with the other statement.  Those who reject the Trinity yet claim to know the Lord need to check the authenticity of their profession of faith.   The triune nature of God is basic to who God is and is a foundational doctrine of the true Christian faith.    Most who reject the Trinity also reject the divinity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit and that usually means that such a person is not genuine follower of Christ.   That would also include those who call the doctrine "pagan."

How can you call it "pagan"....

if you are incapable of actually defining the doctrine....

How Can One Call The Followers Of Christ, Godless

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19 (NIV)

While Yet Resisting Knowledge

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14 (NIV)

Of That Very

“This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6 (New International Version)

God

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, Luke 1:68 (King James Version)

Guest shiloh357

There is nothing stopping you from answering the question out here.   I don't need to PM you for that answer.  All I am asking for is for you to articulate how the doctrine is articulated by those of us who believe it.  That is not something that needs to be discussed in PM.

I didn't say you didn't have to believe it.  I said that one did not have necessarily have to believe  it in order to GET saved initially.  God does not require us to have perfect theology in order to get saved   If one chooses to reject what is basic to the nature of God after they were allegedly saved, it may demonstrate that one is not a true believer.    A true Christian will not ultimately reject the doctrine of the Trinity and a true believer would certainly never call it pagan.

I know I'm saved

Salvation

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

IS 

Verily, verily, I say unto you,

He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Jesus

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east,

and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

Guest shiloh357

Inchrist, what you have yet to confess is that you believe Jesus to be God.  Most who reject the Trinity reject it because they claim it is "pagan" to believe Jesus is God.  

It is one thing to be ignorant of the foundation of the Christian faith.  It is another thing for a person to reject that foundation when it is made known to them.   One can be ignorant of many things about God and the Bible prior to salvation and they can get saved in that ignorance.   

But when someone says that the Trinity is "pagan"   they prove that they are outside of Christ and are not in the Kingdom of God.   To reject the Trinity is to reject what is essential and foundational to nature of God

It is not the case that one must believe in the Trinity in order to remain saved.   Rather it is the case that a person who rejects the Trinity, and calls it pagan is proving that they probably were not saved to start with. 

A  follower of Jesus would have no problem with the Trinity.

You may believe a few of the "right" things about Jesus, but most cultists and false teachers mix truth and error.  They hold to some good teachings, but they mix error with it and that is what you're doing.  

I know I'm saved

Salvation

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

IS 

Verily, verily, I say unto you,

He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Jesus

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east,

and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

Yet I'm the Antichrist?

?

Well Beloved, Only You And God Knows

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son,

and they shall call his name Emmanuel,

which being interpreted is,

God with us. Matthew 1:23

You Can Worship The LORD 

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:

and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord,

but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Or You Can Go And 

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief,

in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Make Up

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day;

lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; Hebrews 3:13-14

Some Other Christ

While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice,

harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. Hebrews 12:15

~

Whom Will You Make Your Stand Upon

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:

and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God,

The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

And Whose Voice Will 

I and my Father are one.

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy;

and because that thou, being a man,

makest thyself God. John 10:30-33

You Hear

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

People seem to be forgetting that others are at different stages of growth in Christ in this thread. Growing in Him takes time, time we should be encouraging people to take and not slamming them for not having the same understanding as we do.

This is how I see the following statements:

• Can a person be saved without believing in the Trinity?
    • I firmly believe that most everyone saved did not even know about the Trinity when they accepted Christ as their Savior. Babies can't run or resolve difficult issues, they have to learn 
  • You have to believe in the Trinity to be saved
    • Another form of denominational legalism, one of which I dealt with in my first years of believing in God. As we grow in Him, He revieles more of Himself to us.

For those of us who know what the Appalachian Trail is, I use this as I describe our growth/walk in Christ. Along the 2160 mile trail, there are mountains and valleys, beautiful places and ugly places, dangerous places and safe places, hard areas and easy areas, places of extreme danger and places of rest. Some are just beginning their walk. Others are scattered all over the trail, while some have finished their walk. So is our walk with Christ.

Those who are in various places of the trail can tell you of their experience, what they have learned, where they have been, what they did to overcome difficulties, some of their favorite places so far, and excitations of what lays ahead. Others, who are starting out, know nothing but what they have been told by others of what lays ahead, having no experience, they rely on and look for. Those closer to the end know more of the walk, can explain in more depth of their journey and what they have learned. So is our walk in Christ.

Don't be so hard on those who find themselves in difficult places, instead, encourage them to continue. Ensure them that there are better places ahead where they can find rest and peace. Help them over the hard places with guidance, comforting them through the words you use and the tone they are spoken in.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

This thread is permanently locked.

Please reflect on Alan's post which are wise words of wisdom to all those that posted on this thread.