• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

It's not that I want to speed the Tribulation period along. On the contrary, I kinda like my life as it is. Yes, I've been saved by the grace of God and I'm going to Heaven, but I'm in no hurry. I guess I'm the type who would rather face reality sooner than later. We, as Christians, are commanded to love our enemies, and I will, just as soon as they stop pointing guns and chemical weapons at me. I plan on witnessing to all I come in contact with while I'm over there, but in order to do that, the nation needs to change it's leadership and be just a bit more open to that type of communication.

Our arab Christian brothers and sisters (pick any country) need our help over there which is exactly why I'm pro-regime change in Iraq. Trust me, I'm not eager by any sense of the word to go over and kill people. Done that before and it's not usually a great feeling knowing that things could have been different if I could've just talked one on one with that person first.

I pray for the safety of the arab Christians over there. Hopefuly they can find some shelter during the fight and maybe I can reach a few muslims for Christ, but the sad fact is, the minute one of them picks up a rifle and aims it at me, they're on their way to getting their seven virgins.

As far as my perspective being American, sorry. I was born here and it's been good to me for the most part. I'm not going to sit around and wait for someone to bomb me because I have a false sense of guilt for the past/current "crimes" of the US. I guess I'm not one of those who feel that all of the worlds evil is some kind of demented by-product of failed US diplomacy. Sometimes evil is just that- evil. And I believe it needs to be faced head on.

God Bless.

t.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Great post , Ted.  I hadn't realized you were enlisted and fixing to go into the mix.  I pray the Lord covers you and keeps you safe under the shelter of His wings, and that you can serve as a light for Him in the darkness.

Ted says:

We, as Christians, are commanded to love our enemies, and I will, just as soon as they stop pointing guns and chemical weapons at me.

Rose says:

I think we forget that we are pointing guns and weapons of mass destruction at them too.  It's a mutual threat, both sides feel justified.

Ted says:

Our arab Christian brothers and sisters (pick any country) need our help over there which is exactly why I'm pro-regime change in Iraq.

Rose says:

I think we'd be in better position to demonstrate our lovingkindness and concern if we used less threatening means, were willing to negotiate, and had the backing of other world players.

Ted says:

Hopefuly they can find some shelter during the fight and maybe I can reach a few muslims for Christ, but the sad fact is, the minute one of them picks up a rifle and aims it at me, they're on their way to getting their seven virgins.

Rose says:

Are Christian Arabs required to serve in the military over there?  Just curious.

Ted says:

I guess I'm not one of those who feel that all of the worlds evil is some kind of demented by-product of failed US diplomacy. Sometimes evil is just that- evil. And I believe it needs to be faced head on.

Rose says:

Absolutely agree with this statement.  I just think Americans tend to think the evil comes from 'over there' and have a hard time seeing this countries contribution to the world's evil.  Taking the log out of our own eye, so to speak.

To clarify where I stand a little better:

I believe that there are things going on in the heavenlies that we are not privy to, and we have to completely trust in our Lord that He is on the throne, and nothing is happening that He is not orchestrating in order to bring about His divine, ultimate plan for us.

There will be wars and rumors of wars and we are not to worry ourselves because these things must come to pass.

In fact the verse I most often turn to when I start thinking about how crazy everythig is getting is

Psalm 131:1.....Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me.

And this whole state of affairs if far too profound for any human to comprehend, especially when you consider the spiritual forces at work behind the veil.

President Bush is being used of God to carry out His purpose, whether for good or for evil, who can truly say.

Meanwhile, I have to try to live my days in a way that is pleasing to the Lord and walk in His ways and seek His will.  I believe His will for us is to love one another as we love Him.  I don't believe this means just the brethren, I believe this means all people, all the lost sheep, and therefore I cannot justify a pro-war reasoning.  

I think we need to strive for a measure of peace and justice to demonstrate Christ's love.  Even though Revelation tells me that this earth is scheduled to pass away, and there is going to be the ultimate bloodbath at Armegeddon,  I want to walk in love and be a comfort to those in my life.  I hope I'm making myself understood.

Politically, I have a very hard time just going along with conservative Christian politics and backing up the Christian right in many of their agendas.  I think there is some hyprocisy in promoting Sanctity of Life campaigns in regards to abortion but not to the children of Iraq.  

It seems like if a Christian chooses an anti-war stance they are accused of being a 'liberal Christian'.  We can't seem to have a discussion about this without it turning hot.  It really is an interesting time for all.

Grace to you and PEACE from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally brethren, farewell.  Become complete.  Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Check out this message by Charles Stanley One Accord. I am not of one accord with you on this issue either, and my hubby is already in Kuwait. http://www.intouch.org/War/index_38027182.html

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Here are five reasons why the anti-war rhetoric makes no sense.

At least get your story straight!

If it is not about any of those things, and I don't think it has anything to do with Saddam or terrorism, what is it about?

My answer is New World Order.  The only purpose served by war with Iraq is bringing about the NWO.

Why would someone take a pro-war stance if it is intentioned to bring about the NWO, following that line of logic?

I didn

It's about big business, investors and multi-national corporations expanding their empires into the third world.  The advantages are cheap labor, cheap resources, and industry without the restrictions and regulations.

This is especially true in the far east, and central and south america.  The middle east is much more complicated.

They have got all that now.  What is the with war Iraq for?  What will it give them* they don't already have?

* not just "big business, investors and multi-national corporations" but the small handful of people (maybe 20 to 40 men) that control all of that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

C'mon. Do you two really think this war against Iraq is about the US finding a new place to make shoes with cheap labor? So all of this is so we can have cheap gas? World domination? You think that the US is just a demon, prowilng the earth in search of someone to devour? If I thought that for one moment, then I wouldv'e given up my position in the military and went to find the nearest anti-war rally to join in. If you live in the US, maybe you would feel better moving somewhere else so your internal conflicts could be rested. I know that I couldn't live somewhere that was that evil.

Trust me, guys, Saddam Hussein is just as much a terrorist as any bus-bomber. Only difference is that he doesn't have the courage to strap on the explosives as those who he pays to do it. He pays the families of those who do, though. If you paid someone to beat up your neighbor, would you be guilty also?

So why Iraq now and not N.Korea or Syria or Columbia? One at a time folks- one at a time.

President Bush has taken a stand- enough of the terror, and I'm with him.

God will direct my actions and heart, be sure of that.

t.

Hi Ted, you can't defect no matter what your feelings are about the government.  My son's NG unit was put on alert this last week and I am sensitive to the position our military is in.  I am a Vietnam era veteran, my father WWII.  I have much to say about that.  The powers that be are established by God and to rebel against them is to rebel against Him.  We have to do what we have to do because that is where God will protect us.  To be anywhere else is certain death.

What you say about Saddam is true and one at a time is fine for us, but what about them?  Are they going to just politely wait their turn?  Not a Chance, I think.

After this war starts, don't be at all surprised when your president comes on TV after many US cities are hit with 9/11 type events and worse, and declares national emergency, martial law and armies of the UN from countries that hate us are called in to defend us.